UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> Montana traffic stop, Cop shootout

9/5/10 12:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pilot201
2023 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/vmix_cdf93fba-47ca-11df-9f5c-001cc4c002e0.html

A routine traffic stop in Montana turns ugly.  Turn up your computer volume.  Listen for the first "click" as the driver pulls out and points the gun at the Trooper....a 41 Magnum Revolver.

The "click" is the hammer dropping on an already fired round in the cylinder.  The second round was live.  A lucky Trooper indeed!

The suspect was shot in the back while driving away and died on scene after crashing into a building.  
Observe the speed at which the Trooper draws his weapon and fires.  Accurately.  
Practice makes perfect!
9/5/10 12:34 AM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/05/10 12:34 AM
that trooper was VERY lucky, not with his shooting but how that round didn't discharge
9/5/10 12:35 AM
Pilot201
2023 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

agreed, he was in a bit of shock after the send trigger pull. Luckily the first shot was an empty chamber, but he looked at the guy like "did you just try to shoot me", even with the second shot he stood there in line of fire.
9/5/10 12:46 AM
sbjjstreetcop
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A real life and death situation is so much more than what it looks like on a video. He made a couple of smaller mistakes on the traffic stop but recovered very well and deflected the gun for the second shot. Very lucky the revolver had a fired round under the hammer. And thanks to the POS who has now saved the taxpayers so much by giving up the ghost.
9/5/10 1:26 AM
cottonzway
748 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/5/10 2:06 AM
pfsjkd
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where's angryinch to lament the injustice done to that poor citizen by the criminal jackbooted 'police'??
9/5/10 2:13 AM
Fake Pie

That bastard cop should have never pulled him over in the first place.

-- Angryinch
9/5/10 2:36 AM
shen
824 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow.

9/5/10 2:43 AM
Missing Glove Tape

Angels were definitely watching out for that cop. Damn!

9/5/10 2:47 AM
Missing Glove Tape

Angry White Guy - Dangerous job. Easy to criticize them sometimes but you always have to remember they put their lives on the line everyday.

Was just thinking the same thing. Granted, lately at least, cops have been in the media for some sketchy stuff, but it's situations like these that are why cops act like assholes to a lot of people. Nothing like walking up to a random traffic stop and having someone shove a gun in your face trying to kill you. I dunno, I think I'd be pretty quick to start generalizing most people as being scum.
9/5/10 3:40 AM
GladiatorGannon
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fake Pie - That bastard cop should have never pulled him over in the first place for a bogus traffic violation

-- Angryinch

fixed.
9/5/10 11:55 AM
chinaski
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love happy endings
9/5/10 12:00 PM
bongwater7654
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

did this guy have any warrants or was he just nuts?
9/5/10 12:02 PM
copfriend

lol @ you angryinch-hating fuckers.

I'm glad the guy got killed.  Yeah, I'm not particularly a big fan of cops but I'm also not a fan of criminals.  I shed no tears when a criminal gets what's coming to him. 
9/5/10 12:02 PM
VectorWega

This is why we should have checkpoints where everyone is made to lay on the street face first and their persons and vehicles are checked to ensure they aren't breaking the law.
9/5/10 12:04 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And that, my friends, can happen anytime/anywhere - from a one horse town in Montana to a city the size of NY.
9/5/10 12:19 PM
staalosaur

GladiatorGannon - 
Fake Pie - That bastard cop should have never pulled him over in the first place <b>for a bogus traffic violation</b>

-- Angryinch

fixed.

I don't think cops should be pulling people over for minor infractions unless the driver is clearly driving recklessly and putting people in danger. "Routine traffic stops" are just another way to fuck people over, I don't like calling them that as it makes them sound so innocent.
9/5/10 12:54 PM
Lurken

he was a little abrasive during his contact. his spinout was a lil slow. good recovery. Looks like a move a Rhode Island Troopah used successfully a few years back. With todays high capacity handguns and high penetrating rounds use caution with shooting at cops, paybacks are a muthaaa fuckaaaaaaa!
9/5/10 1:56 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1000 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn cop fired like 15 shots at him. asshole dead = justice
9/5/10 2:21 PM
WaltJ
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/05/10 2:22 PM
Great shooting, and good for him.

If that piece of shit was crazy enough to do that to a cop, imagine what could have happened if he had a confrontation with a civilian.

This is immediate, perfect justice served.

Wonder what kind of gun he was using?
9/5/10 2:28 PM
theProject

cop is lucky, that 41 magnum is a powerful gun!
9/5/10 2:36 PM
adrenochrome
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/5/10 3:28 PM
Beezulbubba
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lucky guy (the cop) there. What what number dui that was he was willing to take a cop's life? Better off dead with behavior like that.
9/5/10 4:04 PM
crobrun
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Missing Glove Tape - 
Angry White Guy - Dangerous job. Easy to criticize them sometimes but you always have to remember they put their lives on the line everyday.

Was just thinking the same thing. Granted, lately at least, cops have been in the media for some sketchy stuff, but it's situations like these that are why cops act like assholes to a lot of people. Nothing like walking up to a random traffic stop and having someone shove a gun in your face trying to kill you. I dunno, I think I'd be pretty quick to start generalizing most people as being scum.

You know, that's a good point. I'm generally on the "anti-cop" side on those threads, but it's a good thing to remind me of some of the things cops either see or read about in after action reports.

Still not going to go all pro cop, but I'll try to slow down on my automatic outrage ;-)
9/5/10 4:36 PM
Fake Pie

staalosaur - 
GladiatorGannon - 
Fake Pie - That bastard cop should have never pulled him over in the first place for a bogus traffic violation

-- Angryinch

fixed.

I don't think cops should be pulling people over for minor infractions unless the driver is clearly driving recklessly and putting people in danger. "Routine traffic stops" are just another way to fuck people over, I don't like calling them that as it makes them sound so innocent.

I actually agree. Speeding tickets are retarded (unless someone is being unsafe). The majority of the time, the person is going with the flow of traffic or the road is clear.

However, this guy went straight through a turn only lane and was drunk as fuck. So not a minor infraction in this case at all.

Cop froze there and nearly died. If the guy hadn't been drunk the guy probably would have killed the cop. Good recovery and shooting though.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.