UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> Montana traffic stop, Cop shootout

9/5/10 4:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
buzzkil
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i was on a very similar traffic stop but i was at the car and my partner was shot

but....

my partner has the reflexes of a cat and ducked so the bullet only hit his fucking dumbo ear. if it was me i woulda taken it square in the chest

it all went horribly wrong from there, innocent people died
9/5/10 4:49 PM
HammerHands
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

buzzkil - i was on a very similar traffic stop but i was at the car and my partner was shot

but....

my partner has the reflexes of a cat and ducked so the bullet only hit his fucking dumbo ear. if it was me i woulda taken it square in the chest

passengers? or did you spray people on the street all willy nilly?
9/5/10 5:28 PM
copfriend

Angry White Guy - Dangerous job. Easy to criticize them sometimes but you always have to remember they put their lives on the line everyday.

oh please.  Being a cop isn't even on the top 10 list of most dangerous jobs.   Being a garbageman and a roofer are more dangerous than being a cop.  Does that mean we should cut garbagemen some slack and let them act like assholes just because they have a dangerous job?

btw, fisherman is the most dangerous job.  Does that mean they should be exempt from the law?   Give me a fucking break about "cops put their lives on the line every day." 

9/5/10 5:47 PM
copfriend

here ya go......fuckin pizza delivery driver is more dangerous than being a cop. 

9/5/10 5:57 PM
BigEyedFish
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow nice shootin by the copper! Another scumbag removed from earth :)
9/5/10 6:26 PM
pfsjkd
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaaaaannnnd the real AI finally shows up to the thread.
9/5/10 6:34 PM
copfriend

pfsjkd - Aaaaaannnnd the real AI finally shows up to the thread.

just keepin it real dawg!   I'm glad the cop managed to shoot the guy and put that scumbag out of our misery but that doesn't mean you can be free to trot out the "cops are out there risking their lives" argument when it's not true.    Everyone on that list I posted is out there risking their lives more than cops.  That doesn't give them a free pass to be above the law or to be an asshole.  Cops have even less justification.

That said, good for the cop in this case.   He should have gone and bought a lottery ticket right after that. 
9/5/10 6:43 PM
copfriend

Angry White Guy - copfriend you dumb overzealous dick when did I say they should be exempt from the law themselves? Way to go twisting up a simple statement into one of your bitchy little tirades. You seem to have a real problem with male authority boy? Care to explain why you are so goddam whiny?

ok, my apologies.   What you said was that we shouldn't criticize them because they risk their lives every day.  So, should we not criticize anyone else who has jobs that are REALLY dangerous and those who genuinely risk their lives every day?   If a garbage man goes on a rampage or maybe is just a dick in general, should we say "oh, it's ok...cut him some slack...he's out there risking his life every day"? 

Seriously, I don't get that whole argument about not criticizing cops because they're risking their lives.  First, they are not risking their lives any more than pizza delivery drivers.  Second, even if they were, why does that exempt them from criticism?
9/5/10 6:46 PM
jimmy23
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder how a cop processes an event like that later - all of a sudden a gun is in your face, you react and shoot, and then comes the adrenalin dump

and the realization that you got very lucky to have lived through it

its got to mess with your head for awhile 
9/5/10 6:59 PM
copfriend

Angry White Guy - Reading comprehension still alludes you.

lmao

Oh the ironing!!!!!
9/5/10 7:01 PM
BigEyedFish
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jimmy23 - I wonder how a cop processes an event like that later - all of a sudden a gun is in your face, you react and shoot, and then comes the adrenalin dump

and the realization that you got very lucky to have lived through it

its got to mess with your head for awhile 

exactly what I thought when I saw that. Could you imagine? faaack
9/5/10 7:08 PM
Missing Glove Tape

copfriend - oh please.  Being a cop isn't even on the top 10 list of most dangerous jobs.   Being a garbageman and a roofer are more dangerous than being a cop.  Does that mean we should cut garbagemen some slack and let them act like assholes just because they have a dangerous job?

btw, fisherman is the most dangerous job.  Does that mean they should be exempt from the law?   Give me a fucking break about "cops put their lives on the line every day." 

There's a big goddamn difference between a job being dangerous due to the likelyhood of an accident(ala falling off a fishing boat) and a fellow citizen TRYING TO KILL YOU!!!

Who's more likely to need counseling after surviving a near death experience, a fisherman falling off a boat or a cop nearly being shot to death?
9/5/10 7:32 PM
copfriend

Missing Glove Tape - 
copfriend - oh please.  Being a cop isn't even on the top 10 list of most dangerous jobs.   Being a garbageman and a roofer are more dangerous than being a cop.  Does that mean we should cut garbagemen some slack and let them act like assholes just because they have a dangerous job?

There's a big goddamn difference between a job being dangerous due to the likelyhood of an accident(ala falling off a fishing boat) and a fellow citizen TRYING TO KILL YOU!!!

Who's more likely to need counseling after surviving a near death experience, a fisherman falling off a boat or a cop nearly being shot to death?
not sure really.  How about throwing into the mix a pizza delivery driver who was just shot or robbed at gunpoint?   Or a logger who just fell into a giant shredding machine and lost his arms or legs in a horrific manner?  Let's throw them into the mix and ask a psychologist which one might need counseling more. 

9/5/10 7:39 PM
copfriend

btw, let's not forget that cops are supposed to be trained to deal with things like this.  I don't think pizza guys or loggers receive preemptive or proactive counseling or psychological training about how to handle things like that. 
9/5/10 7:52 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well "Copfriend," I was #4 on your list for almost 10 years and am currently employed in the focus group you're talking about, so I'd say I have a pretty good perspective on the issue.

The bottom line is that....it's just different.

As a structural Ironworker the fault would be mine if I "went in the hole" or "Joe'd" myself in some other way (with rare exceptions). As a cop - when my number comes up I really don't have much choice in the matter. Of course I need to be as well prepared as I can be (that cop in the video did a great job), but I can't prevent everything. With this job, fate ultimately has a lot to do with who gets it and who doesn't. Look at recent history with cops from all types of agencies getting ambushed.

I didn't have to worry about someone wanting to kill me when I was an Ironworker. My main concern was that I had my shit together.

Copfriend, you talk like you know a lot, but boy, you don't know shit.
9/5/10 7:56 PM
buzzkil

HammerHands - 
buzzkil - i was on a very similar traffic stop but i was at the car and my partner was shot

but....

passengers? or did you spray people on the street all willy nilly?

passengers that imo probably would have chose not to shoot a cop

9/5/10 8:02 PM
copfriend

IP - Well "Copfriend," I was #4 on your list for almost 10 years and am currently employed in the focus group you're talking about, so I'd say I have a pretty good perspective on the issue.

The bottom line is that....it's just different.

As a structural Ironworker the fault would be mine if I "went in the hole" or "Joe'd" myself in some other way (with rare exceptions). As a cop - when my number comes up I really don't have much choice in the matter. Of course I need to be as well prepared as I can be (that cop in the video did a great job), but I can't prevent everything. With this job, fate ultimately has a lot to do with who gets it and who doesn't. Look at recent history with cops from all types of agencies getting ambushed.

I didn't have to worry about someone wanting to kill me when I was an Ironworker. My main concern was that I had my shit together.

Copfriend, you talk like you know a lot, but boy, you don't know shit.
first of all, it's not my list.  It's from the BLS.  Second, that's great that you were able to move to a less dangerous job.  Not sure what your issue is with that.

9/5/10 8:09 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't listen to a word I said. Just standing on your little soap-box trying to get people to think you're credible while being unable to offer any practical experience of your own to the discussion.
9/5/10 8:14 PM
copfriend

IP - Didn't listen to a word I said. Just standing on your little soap-box trying to get people to think you're credible while being unable to offer any practical experience of your own to the discussion.

I read what you said.  You claim it's different but essentially just as dangerous.  The BLS statistics say otherwise. 
9/5/10 8:16 PM
buzzkil

imo the biggest danger to a cop is himself

if your attention slips from even mundane things like driving or simply loading your gun for duty carry it can have severe consequences.not saying it is more or less dangerous than "x" job.
9/5/10 8:22 PM
aboveandbeyond
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lurken - 

he was a little abrasive during his contact. his spinout was a lil slow. good recovery. Looks like a move a Rhode Island Troopah used successfully a few years back. With todays high capacity handguns and high penetrating rounds use caution with shooting at cops, paybacks are a muthaaa fuckaaaaaaa!

Explain high penetrating rounds to someone not well-versed in firearms. I thought cops use hollow points?

9/5/10 8:23 PM
copfriend

Edited: 09/05/10 8:30 PM
 btw, IP, the biggest cause of death for cops is traffic accidents, so don't even try to tell me that your biggest cause of death is someone purposely trying to kill you. 

Police death statistics:

Fatalities per 100k: 21.8

Fatalities in 2007: 146

Most common cause of death: Transportation incidents

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-15-most-dangerous-jobs-in-america-2010-3#no-10-police-and-sheriffs-patrol-officers-7#ixzz0yhiuM4cD

(btw, for the record, on this list cop is listed as 9th most dangerous job although based on the fatalities per 100K, it looks like they misplaced it and it should be number 11 or 12.)

9/5/10 8:45 PM
GladiatorGannon
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

copfriend -  btw, IP, the biggest cause of death for cops is traffic accidents, so don't even try to tell me that your biggest cause of death is someone purposely trying to kill you. 

That completely depends on the department AI. Unless you knwo where he works, you can't begin to make that analysis, the stats vary dramaticly from podunk to LA.
9/5/10 9:03 PM
copfriend

GladiatorGannon - 
copfriend -  btw, IP, the biggest cause of death for cops is traffic accidents, so don't even try to tell me that your biggest cause of death is someone purposely trying to kill you. 

That completely depends on the department AI. Unless you knwo where he works, you can't begin to make that analysis, the stats vary dramaticly from podunk to LA.
we're talking about overall statistics.  I'm sure that being a pizza delivery guy in the hamptons is going to be much safer than being one in compton.  That's not the point. 

9/5/10 10:54 PM
Fake Pie
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are you fucking retarded?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.