UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> recording software

9/7/10 10:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello,

I was wondering what is the best "for the price" software for recording.  i know some people use the free stuff but also a ot of people like Pro Tools.  What are your opinions on this?
9/8/10 2:22 PM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw Cakewalk Sonar Home studio 7 and thought it was good.  Any experience with it?

9/14/10 6:10 AM
BarkLikeADog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Protools is the industry standard. I used cakewalk back when that's about all there was; it was good. Out of the free stuff, I'm really liking Reaper right now.

A lot depends on exactly how you intend to use it & why. You're asking about DAW stuff so presumably that's what you want, but maybe an editor or loop-based stuff is more appropriate to your needs.

There's an older thread about this that's probably still in the bottom 100.
9/29/10 11:38 PM
FightMeI'mIrish
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Cool Edit Pro 2.1, Adobe bought it, now it's called Adobe Audition.

I also really like Fruity Loops Studio, like BarkLikeADog said it depends on what you want to do. FL Studio can record and multi-track, but it's mostly aimed at loop based projects.
11/1/10 4:01 PM
JasonKeaton

I bought a pedal and Cubase came with it.  I can't really do anything on it.  I know zero about recording. blows
11/29/10 4:10 PM
FightMeI'mIrish
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason,

Youtube is great for this kind of stuff, tons of free tutorials and guides.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cubase+tutorial

12/1/10 11:05 AM
JasonKeaton

How dumb am I for not looking on youtube? lol

Thanks

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.