UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Virginia: Shine Fights Didn’t Provide Payroll Bond

9/7/10 12:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1853 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Virginia-Commission-Shine-Didnt-Provide-Payroll-Bond-Other-Docs-for-Licensure-26765

The Virginia Professional Boxing and Wrestling Program’s decision to deny Shine Fights a promoter’s license last Friday was based on the promotion’s inability to provide mandatory documents, including evidence of a surety bond to cover fighters’ purses, said Mary Broz-Vaughan, director of communications for the Dept. of Professional and Occupational Regulation.

Shine was either late or unable to provide complete medical records and test results, as well as fighters’ professional records, said Broz-Vaughan.
9/7/10 12:43 PM
jjj2121
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/07/10 12:44 PM
 Another lie from Shine, what a fucking shock.

Related to not being able to guarantee fighter pay, just stunning.

Anyone that shows up in Oklahoma is a certifiable idiot at this point.
9/7/10 12:44 PM
NorthFromHere
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't look too good for Shine
9/7/10 12:47 PM
jjj2121

Edited: 09/07/10 12:46 PM
Shine Fights COO Jason Chambers did not initially return calls or texts for comment.

Easiest guy in the world to get ahold of, just ask him...if you can get ahold of him that is.

9/7/10 12:48 PM
Kid Gruesome
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But... but... but...

Jason Chambers - 
Phildo449er - Are you doing anything to ensure that the fighters on this card will be paid? the commission canceled your last card because it didn't have the money for purses, and now there is no commission for this card.

Yes- I have sure that we have funds paced in an escrow account 60 days ago.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts"e=31370511&forum=1&thread=1697134&page=4#bottom
9/7/10 12:49 PM
Chris
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Partner
 the plot thickens!
disbeliever
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Jason said he had set up an escrow 60 days prior?
Maximus77x

Looks like someone  is lyyyying!
9/7/10 12:50 PM
jjj2121

disbeliever - I thought Jason said he had set up an escrow 60 days prior?

I thought Jason said 3 months ago that all fighters were going to be taken care of too.
9/7/10 12:53 PM
Ringgeneral
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is all a big lie!!!!

It was the Fan Voting they didn't like. It has nothing to do with the money.

LOL.
9/7/10 12:54 PM
Loves2GiveHeddy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, this is incredible. When will these guys ever learn? LOL

9/7/10 12:54 PM
Legkick to the Head
1185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're story is full of holes Chambers
9/7/10 12:55 PM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

Chambers has been completely full of shit since day one.
9/7/10 12:57 PM
Maximus77x

humphrey sphinctermuscle - 

Chambers has been completely full of shit since day one.

humphrey is fucking shit up in all these Shine threads. I am loving it.
humphrey sphinctermuscle

this is so bad, that from here on, when a shady promotion pops up, we'll say 'they shined the event'
Squared Circle
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bill Duff is responsible for this.
Ringgeneral
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did they not know the phone calls to the commission were going to happen today?

Seriously.

When the "Fan Vote" bullshit was floated out there to take the medias tempature, they had to know everyone was going to call the commission today.

I guess they now need to formulate the story on how THIS is someone elses fault.

9/7/10 1:01 PM
Legkick to the Head
1185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg176/daveshaps/shame.jpg?t=1283878810
9/7/10 1:02 PM
Clint07

We have confirmed this as well:
http://www.mmaspot.net/index.php/redblack/comments/39100907_virginia_commission_states_shine_was_unprepared_purses_not_in_plac/

They would like to suggest, “Oh Virginia pulled the plug because of what happened in North Carolina,” and that's just not the case. Allegations in another jurisdiction are not grounds for denial of a license. The fact is, if they had not given us an Assurity Bond, and the other things that were missing, but that was really the big piece. But to not have had it by last Thursday is not sufficient time for us to put on a safe match.
9/7/10 1:18 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Playing devil's advocate here again:

Let's say Schrödinger's cat is in a box in Virgina. Attached to the inside of the box is a geiger counter, triggered by random atom decay. In the event of decay, a carrier pigeon is released from the top of the box carrying a surety bond to the Virginia Professional Boxing and Wrestling Program.

Now change the model a bit and assume that the cat is not a cat, but a pitbull. A blind pitbull. Might we be stuck in one merely supposed state in a multiverse of supposed upstart MMA companies? Perhaps our perception is the problem, and in a universe not far from here, jjj2121 us actually the COO of Shine, a jams and jellies company that is actually quite thriving.
9/7/10 1:22 PM
Legkick to the Head

^^just spit out my drunk, lol
9/7/10 1:25 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know. I blew your mind. Just another reminder that it is absurd to rush to judgment in an indeterminate universe.

"But Jupes, you're a determinist," you say.

"And what's more, you are not fond of cats," you continue.

Ah, then you've caught me, haven't you. And the jester loses his tongue. And all the world's a stage. And the sun rises and sets, and Dana White wins.
9/7/10 1:27 PM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

this is the most embarrassing excuse for a promotion I've ever seen. Jesus christ these idiots make EliteXC look good. At least they could put on a fucking event and pay a bond.
9/7/10 1:28 PM
Steve4192
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - Playing devil's advocate here again:

Let's say Schrödinger's cat is in a box in Virgina. Attached to the inside of the box is a geiger counter, triggered by random atom decay. In the event of decay, a carrier pigeon is released from the top of the box carrying a surety bond to the Virginia Professional Boxing and Wrestling Program.

Now change the model a bit and assume that the cat is not a cat, but a pitbull. A blind pitbull. Might we be stuck in one merely supposed state in a multiverse of supposed upstart MMA companies? Perhaps our perception is the problem, and in a universe not far from here, jjj2121 us actually the COO of Shine, a jams and jellies company that is actually quite thriving.

9/7/10 3:12 PM
Poindexter
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not surprising. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.