UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kendall Grove vs Demian Maia at "Tuf 12 Finale"

9/7/10 10:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fakezaga
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Somebody somewhere is rooting for Maia to get a knockout so Goldy can tout his "greatly-improved striking."
9/7/10 10:30 PM
MMAsurvival
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/07/10 10:32 PM
To me this is a great fight, that makes a ton of sense.

Grove gets a shot at being a contender, while Maia is still rebuilding his status as a contender following the losses to Silva and Marquardt.
If you book Munoz or Harris against Maia, it's too much of a risk for these young prospects. We just saw what Maia did to Mario Miranda. Let Munoz and Harris get a few more fights under their belt before already being discarded as a contender should they likely lose to Maia.

Didn't anyone see what Maia did to Chael Sonnen. Why would you want to throw Harris and Munoz to the wolves with Maia? This is why I want to see Maia vs. GSP so bad. Maia destroys grapplers.
9/7/10 11:44 PM
allforroy
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight. If Maia presses the action in his continued quest to be a "legit" striker, Grove might just knock him out. Hopefully Kendall comes in fired up... Phone Post
9/7/10 11:48 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
NarlyPersianDude - dude got knocked out by Santiago and Cote back to back

Rivera maybe?
9/7/10 11:51 PM
butcher4
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
NarlyPersianDude - dude got knocked out by Santiago and Cote back to back

Rivera maybe?

NPD is outing himself as a RACIST IMO.
9/7/10 11:59 PM
THR33TO3
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least Maia will be able to say he beat the spider once and for all. Phone Post
9/8/10 12:02 AM
PrettyBoy
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LoL Grove has no chance... Big step down for Maia. Phone Post
9/8/10 12:11 AM
Canada_88
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/08/10 12:23 AM
Im surprised Spike would want Grove headlining one of their cards after they just demoted him off the spike prelims for 116
9/8/10 12:16 AM
madmav
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kendall by ko and then dana will still cut him.
9/8/10 2:05 AM
armbarring
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its going to be how the anderson vs maia fight should of been.
9/8/10 2:21 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Almeida took Grove down at will. This is clearly a tune-up fight for Maia. After this he'll have two wins in a row over Miranda and Grove, and Joe Silva can throw Maia back to the title mix.
9/8/10 8:11 AM
sharp01

Maia buy rape show
9/8/10 8:30 AM
Cold Fission

They are probably hedging their bets. If silva loses to sonnen it would be worthwhile to give Maia another shot at sonnen after he clowned him in the first fight. Phone Post
9/8/10 8:49 AM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i myself think this is an interesting fight, Grove could defend Maias sub attempts, keep it standing and get the decision.
9/8/10 9:03 AM
Lite
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually feel bad for Maia. He gets nothing with a win, and a loss totally derails his struggle toward another title shot. Phone Post
9/8/10 9:07 AM
Tomato Can
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not really a "step down" for Maia considering he just fought Mario Miranda.

Agree that Maia doesn't gain much with a win, but it should still be a good fight.
9/8/10 9:08 AM
PJ Benn Fan
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJkilla - grove isn't a terrible grappler, maia won't be able to just submit him that easily.

It will IMO look a lot like Maia vs McDonald!
9/8/10 9:33 AM
LambertCFMMA
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't mind this fight, mainly because I'm not a big Grove fan and he'll likely get submitted.
9/8/10 1:05 PM
CRBMoney14

Tomato Can - Not really a "step down" for Maia considering he just fought Mario Miranda.

Agree that Maia doesn't gain much with a win, but it should still be a good fight.

Miranda was really a replacement for Belcher though
9/8/10 4:33 PM
BJJkilla
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PJ Benn Fan - 
BJJkilla - grove isn't a terrible grappler, maia won't be able to just submit him that easily.

It will IMO look a lot like Maia vs McDonald!

it could be but i think grove is better off his back than jason.
9/8/10 5:23 PM
nowaydo
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes! I love MMA BJJ matches!

I can't wait!
9/8/10 5:32 PM
Ranman
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will Maia be able to take Grove down? Maia could'nt finish Miranda and Grove is far better than him. I see this as a good fight and I would pick Grove to p/u a win.
9/9/10 3:23 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ranman - Will Maia be able to take Grove down?

Almeida, a small MW and now a WW, took Grove down repeatedly. The way Maia tooled Miranda, a wrestler with a BJJ black belt, would suggest that this fight will hit the floor and quick.
9/9/10 5:27 AM
mgldrd

Kendall's been looking good lately, even in the loss to Munoz, but I think Maia will be too much for him. I got Maia by vicious submission. Phone Post
9/9/10 2:00 PM
Baki Stout

Another good sub win for Maia...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.