UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> JUDO Worlds 2010 - Brackets & Live Streams

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/8/10 9:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JSho
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should be some great matches,

http://217.79.182.227/www.judo-world.net/ijf/world/wc2010/tta_menue.php?modus=1024&sprache=english

IJF have their own streams: http://212.227.28.227/live/index.ph
9/8/10 10:28 PM
judoblackbelt
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks, Just watch Kayla Harrison win by mucho yukos. Nice sankaku attempt transition into arm bar but was out of bounds or it would have ended right there.
9/8/10 10:42 PM
judoblackbelt
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rizik and Kelly just got thrown/pinned in about 30 sec each. Tough way to go out but what an experience.
9/8/10 11:20 PM
judoblackbelt

Kyle just got thron. Enough for now no stream, broken stream.
9/9/10 12:51 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kayla Harrison is in the semi-finals! She beat the #1 ranked Celine Lebrun from France in the final of pool A!
9/9/10 10:44 AM
judoblackbelt

Kayla wins gold. I hope to watch all her matches in replay, only saw #1.
9/9/10 2:15 PM
seek
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who can stop Teddy riner at the worlds???
9/9/10 2:19 PM
seek
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess noone
9/9/10 4:21 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orange County Judo Training Center, OCJudo.com Team
Kayla at 20 years of age, is also the youngest USA  World Gold Medalist by several years.

Vashkulat had a nice first round ippon win over Correa (BRA), the 2007 World Gold Medalist.

9/9/10 6:15 PM
judoblackbelt

Hope the stream is better tonight. I missed Kyle's first match win. Anai is the new "Inoue" sort of. What happend to Suzuki? Lost his first match,hey.
9/9/10 9:43 PM
molsonman
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fight network is showing the entire event.
9/10/10 12:09 AM
judoblackbelt

Stevens just won his 3rd match, they thought the opponent scored with 1 sec for wazari to send it into golden score but it was Stevens for double wazari ippon. I am not sure who scored, 12 am. Larsen lost when he tried ouchi gari (I think) and somehow got rolled for ippon. The action is so fast and the counters so unorthodox at times that it is hard to tell without replay.Signing off.
9/10/10 1:28 AM
OCJudoTrngCtr
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stevens lost by shido to Burton (GBR) in Pool B semis. Canto defeated Kachur (CAN) by ippon to reach Pool C finals against Mammadli (AZE).  Canto wins Pool C by armlocking Mammadli in the pool finals. He faces countryman Guillheiro, the winner of Pool D in the semis.  Brazil will take at least a silver in the 81kg division.

Need to go to bed. If anyone catches the semis, please update the thread with details.

9/10/10 2:45 AM
CyborgRoyce
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just watched the last 2 pool matches for the mens. World #2 Kirill Denisov (RUS) got beaten by an AZE guy by ippon. He looked like he was beat up afterwards and didn't get up for ages and by the time he did everyone had left already.

Jae-Bum Kim (#1, KOR) went the whole 5 minutes with his opponent. When it came golden score, he switched up his tactics and went agressive, going for throws every 5-10 seconds. That was enough for the ref to call a penalty on his opponent for not attacking, giving Kim the win.

Booked to see the Expendables tonight dammit, gonna miss the finals.
9/10/10 10:40 AM
judoblackbelt

Watched this morning Lucie Decosse (FRA-70K)win gold. She is as dominant of a player I have ever seen. WAtched the Georgian "Greek god" Ilias win gold in golden score. He is way too strong for these guys with his over the shoulder gripping/ head in your chest. He wears them down. Canto is showing his mat great mat skills. Hope to see some of his matches on reply.
9/10/10 5:49 PM
CyborgRoyce
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Kim Jae-Bum also looked very impressive physically in all his matches that I saw yesterday. He ended up winning the gold via ouchi-gari in golden score.
9/10/10 6:48 PM
JSho
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We are lucky there are some very talented players to watch at the moment in Judo, some great matches in -90 and -81 yesterday.
9/10/10 9:08 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr

Edited: 09/10/10 9:16 PM
Michael Eldred is second on deck Mat 1.

Edit. He won by ippon in 58 seconds. Moves to the second round.  I missed the match.
9/10/10 9:25 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr

Tritton and DelPopolo on Mat 2.

DelPopolo wins by ippon. Difficult to make out the throw on split screen, but looked like an o uchi while Tritton attempts a failed Uranage.
9/10/10 10:14 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr

Edited: 09/10/10 10:17 PM
 Udaka (JPN) defeats Silva (BRA) in 57kg.  I had to take an important call and couldn't watch the match. She faces Marti Malloy (USA) in the second round. Marti received a first round bye.

Christal Ransom, the other USA entrant in 57kg is up on deck. She faces Claudia Ahrens (GER).

Ahrens scores an early yuko with tomoe-nage.  She follows it with another yuko score with a side drop technique which is hard to discern on the split screen. She then pins Ransom with tate-shio. Ransom fights through it and escapes, but Ahrens picks up a waza-ari for her efforts.   Ahrens regains the pin with yoko shio gatame, and gets her second waza-ari, ending the match.

Michael Eldred is on deck for his second match on Mat 1. He faces Miguel Romero (ESP).

9/10/10 10:44 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr

Edited: 09/11/10 10:56 AM
 Michael Eldred defeats Miguel Romero in his second round match. He wins by 2 shidos to 1 shido.

Romero controlled Eldred's sleeve early in the match. He pins Eldred for a few seconds (no score) after Eldred attempts a sacrifice throw. Eldrid picks up the early warning.  Eldred picks up the pace and less than a minute later, Romero picks up his own warning.  Romero and Eldred begin trading attacks, with Eldred's stronger and coming more often IMO.

Now here is where it gets weird. I can't see the clock, but after an exchange, and limited newaza, the referee stands them up and calls a conference.  The side refs go back to their seats and Romero is given his second penalty. The head ref awards the match to Eldred, and they bow and leave the mat.

I don't know why they penalized Romero in the last second of the match. Why not let it go to golden score at that point? I go to www.ippon.org  and they show Eldred winning by the yuko (2 shidos) but the time of the match 3:29.  If it had been in golden score, I don't remember it. But then again, I can't make out the clock or scoreboard.

Edit. Just saw the story on USA Judo's website. They were in fact, in golden score.

DelPopolo just won on Mat 2.  He defeats Ahmed (IRI).  I was focused on Eldred match and missed that he was fighting, and only see his name disappear from the top of the list.  I don't even get to see the decision. www.ippon.org  shows he won by ippon in 37 seconds.

Janine Nakao (USA) is second on deck to face Ja-Young Kong (KOR) in the second round of 63kg. Janine had a first round bye.

Edit again. Marti Malloy is on deck Mat 2 to face Udaka (JPN). Janine is also on deck.  I'm going to focus on the Malloy/Udaka battle.

9/10/10 11:07 PM
judoblackbelt

Just watched Nick throw for uchimata ippon. Mike had a tuff fight but wore the opponent down. Both were tuff in mat work. Mike escaped a close pin in the match. Round three coming up. How in the heck did Nick beat Tritton? This is a must see match for me.
9/10/10 11:26 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr

Edited: 09/10/10 11:45 PM
 Marti Malloy loses to Udaka by shido.

Udaka came out aggressively trying to establish a dominant grip. Malloy fights off her attempts, but is having difficulty establishing her own.  About 1 minute into the match, Malloy gets a warning.

Marti picks up the pace and almost catches Udaka with what looks like an o uchi gari. she also attacks with a sode.  Udaka picks up a warning and its even up.  They continue fighting for grips, and I'm thinking Marti is doing the better job.  About 2 more minutes into it, Udaka attacks with a strong O Soto near the edge of the mat. Marti drops while defending it.  I don't know if that's why the ref did it, but they come back to the center, and Marti is awarded her second shido, and Udaka is up by yuko. Time is not on Marti's side.  Marti can't overcome the deficit and Udaka moves on to the 3rd round.

Over on mat 1, I can now watch the Nakao-Kong match which is in progress.  Kong is pinning Nakao with a makura kesa gatame, but ref, calls toketa after a few seconds. Several exchanges later, with Kong being the dominant player, she catches Nakao with an uchimata for ippon.

Hana Carmichael (USA) is on deck, coming up against Corina Caprioriu (ROM) on Mat 4. Caprioriu defeated Hein (GER) in the first round. Hana had a bye.

9/10/10 11:38 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr

Edited: 09/10/10 11:39 PM
 Hana Carmichael loses to Caprioriu by ippon. She is thrown with uchimata. But that's not the whole story.
Hana came out on the second exchange, and threw Carprioriu with an excellent ko uchi gari. Referee awards yuko. On the next exchange Caprioriu caught her with the uchimata.

Caprioriu is no joke. She has 12 World Cup medals under her belt, and just took out Hein in the first round, who has alot of experience as well. I give Carmichael mucho credit for coming out so aggressively against Caprioriu and taking the fight to her.

This leaves Eldred and DelPopolo as the USA competitors who will make it to the 3rd round. If they can make it to the next round, at a minimum, they will have the opportunity to fight through the repechage.

DelPoplolo will be facing Wei Liu (CHN) and Eldred will be up against Mansur Isaev (RUS), a 2009 World bronze medalist.  Nick has more experience than Liu, and also more medals at WC events (Liu has yet to win one).  If Michael can pull it off, this would be a major win for him.

Edit. As I finished typing this,  Eldred/Isaev pop up as second on deck, Mat 1.

9/11/10 12:02 AM
judoblackbelt

Eldred lost by yuko to the Russian and fought him even. Eldred is tuff in the final minute of the match. Nick is doing ippon judo just beat the Chinese player, 3 ippons, I didn't see it watching Eldred at the same time. 12 am time for sleep.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.