jjj2121
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/09/10 12:06 AM

www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp 
9/8/10 11:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jjj2121

"The fighters will be taken care of financially.
9/8/10 11:48 PM
jjj2121

ttt for main eventer who got stiffed.
9/8/10 11:53 PM
jjj2121

Ninja Rua got stiffed too...TTT for 2 main eventers who got stiffed.
9/9/10 12:04 AM
brahmabull81
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im afraid to click that link tbh
9/9/10 12:07 AM
jjj2121

link edited.
9/9/10 4:13 AM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

The trouble stemming from Shine Fights botched May 15 show in North Carolina continue to haunt the promotion as another fighter who was set to participate on the card is claiming non-payment, and is ready to take them to court.

David Heath, who was tapped as a late replacement to face Murilo "Ninja" Rua in the main event on the card, says that he has not received any payment from Shine Fights for his contracted participation on the card, and will be filing suit against the promotion next week.

When asked if he had received payment from Shine Fights, Heath answered by text message saying, "Nope. Gonna file a small claims suit when I get back from MFC this weekend."

Heath is currently in Canada for the Maximum Fighting Championship show taking place this Friday, and will return home to Oklahoma next week where he plans to file the suit.

Several fighters have claimed non-payment or partial payment for their part in the Shine Fights card that was canceled after multiple issues concerning a bond that was not received in time by the North Carolina commission, as well as a doctor not being secured in a timely manner for the show.

Heath was a late notice replacement for the May card when Travis Galbraith pulled out of the fight against Rua due to contract disputes. The Oklahoma based fighter stepped in on just 2 days notice to sign and fight Rua, but the show was canceled in the final hours before taking place.

Shine Fights' current COO Jason Chambers spoke to MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday, but admits he wasn't present with the promotion during the May 15 show, and wasn't privy to the agreements with Heath. MMAWeekly.com will continue to follow the story as more information becomes available.
9/9/10 4:14 AM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

a COO that doesn't know shit.\

awesome
9/9/10 4:24 AM
Dawkins

Even Ninja didn't get paid? You sure?

The two main event fighters didn't get paid. Wow what a joke. Jason Chambers on Jorden Breen's show even admitted not all the fighters got paid, but he plays dumb sometimes and pretends he was only a announcer.
9/9/10 4:54 AM
BLPorritt
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Sweet Candy!!!! Get that money my brotha!!!! Whoop ass in Canada too bubba!!!! Phone Post
9/9/10 6:09 AM
fabes
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dave Heath is good people. Pay the man!
9/9/10 6:19 AM
jjj2121

Edited: 09/09/10 6:23 AM
humphrey sphinctermuscle - a COO that doesn't know shit.\

awesome

Jason Chambers pleading ignorance on getting guys from the last show paid when he is the CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER of the company is disgusting.  He was on the radio in early June promising up and down to get everyone paid, and now he's "wasn't privy to the agreements with Heath".  You're the COO dude, make yourself privy to the agreements with Heath and take care of them.  Same guy who on this forum said if anyone can show him an unfulfilled agreement that wasn't satisfied and he would quit right?  Jason Chambers has shown himself to be entirely comfortable to be as full of shit as Devin at this point.

9/9/10 8:53 AM
pillbottle
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope Dave gets his bread.
9/9/10 8:59 AM
jjj2121

Are Shine weighins today?  Are they even bothering with weighins for the barnshow? 
9/9/10 9:55 AM
French Fries Malone
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this org wont last much longer
9/9/10 9:59 AM
goku

awesome
poor jason..he inherited this shit and seems to have been basically hired to be the scapegoat

Sagiv Lapkin
2258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shadiest org ever?
jjj2121

goku - 

awesome
poor jason..he inherited this shit and seems to have been basically hired to be the scapegoat

He knew what he was getting into and is a willing participant in what is going on.  No poor Jason.

9/9/10 10:27 AM
The Marvelous One
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjj2121 -  Are Shine weighins today?  Are they even bothering with weighins for the barnshow? 

THEY ARE!
9/9/10 10:35 AM
To Quit Does Not Exist

Reminds me of a shotty homegrown promotion like what i have where i'm living,sad thing is these guy's are actually flipping a good amount of money around doing this,how much you want to bet when this is all said and done and they are defunct and jason has taken about all the heat they can put on him for this they push through with another promotion with a new face and hide behind it.

Con-men are everywhere and it really feels like that's who is running this promotion,i kept my opinion to myself until i could read up on everything and i mean at this point how could a commish ever license them again? D.O.A IMO

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.