UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Florida churches burning the Koran

9/9/10 10:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was glad to see that Sarah Palin came out against this. I was disappointed to read that this particular church is burning korans on 9/11.

As I search the NT, the notion of burning books or idols was done by the repentant who converted. I am disturbed that this is more confrontational and done to enflame.

I do not believe the Koran is holy, nor do I believe it's religion is from God. In fact, I view Sharia Law and Islam as incompatible with our constitution and the bible. However, this is the wrong way to go about it as Christians.

I agree with Palin and I think while this man has the right and freedom to do this (I'm thinking of those idiots painting a cross in urine or Mary made out of dung), like the builders of the Mosque in NY...not all things lawful are right to do.
9/9/10 7:31 PM
Joe Ray

Also, the people clamouring to burn Korans and the staunchest opponents of the mosque near Ground Zero were also the biggest cheerleaders of Bush's militarist utopian social engineering project to bring American-style freedom and democracy to poor, oppressed Muslims all across Iraq.

They are more than happy to sacrifice thousands of their own countrymen's lives and hundreds of billions of dollars of their money so that Muslims can live in freedom and have access to decent education and a good quality of life.

Only a few years ago these people considered the use of violent military force to create a permanent welfare state for Muslims in Iraq to be the highest embodiment of the founding ideals of America.

Why are these inconsistent bleeding hearts so against these very same Muslims now?

9/10/10 9:31 AM
the rooster

Joe Ray: Also, the people clamouring to burn Korans and the staunchest opponents of the mosque near Ground Zero were also the biggest cheerleaders of Bush's militarist utopian social engineering project to bring American-style freedom and democracy to poor, oppressed Muslims all across Iraq.

me: no it's not. The people clamouring to burn Korans are from a small church in Florida with about 50 people. I'm not even sure all 50 are for the burning. So your comment is factually untrue.

And whose tying burning Korans with being opposed to the Mosque near Ground Zero? Some 70 percent of New Yorkers are against the Mosque at Ground Zero. Certainly not staunch Bush supporters and certainly a more liberal section in the US.

you: They are more than happy to sacrifice thousands of their own countrymen's lives and hundreds of billions of dollars of their money so that Muslims can live in freedom and have access to decent education and a good quality of life.

Only a few years ago these people considered the use of violent military force to create a permanent welfare state for Muslims in Iraq to be the highest embodiment of the founding ideals of America.

Why are these inconsistent bleeding hearts so against these very same Muslims now?

me: You are monolithically listing a small group who is for burning korans with people who are against building the mosque (for a variety of reasons...victims families, national security, etc), and politicians of both stripes (democrats voted to authorize Bush with War Powers).

Are you pretty happy with the Obama surge in Afghanistan?
9/10/10 11:21 AM
the rooster

By the way, I do think there is a major double standard. Time Magazine does an article on "Is America Islamaphobic" (note Newsweek or one of those magazines just did one with a little girl who had her nose and ears cut off my islamic extremist. Certainly she's islamaphobic).

What you don't hear much of is an article by these same folks on, "Is Islam Americanaphobic". or "Is Sharia law Constitutionalaphobic". Or is chanting "death to Christians" is that Christianaphobic?

There is certainly no political correctness with islamic jihadist and extremist (which includes "moderate and mainstream" folks like one of Afhanistans *presidential* candidates) who openly advocate death to Christians, death to Americans (which inludes liberals) and burn bibles!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/285123/christians_in_gaza_fear_for_their_lives.html

Father Manuel Musallem, head of Gaza's Latin church, told the AP that Muslims have ransacked, burned and looted a school and convent that are part of the Gaza Strip's small Romany Catholic community. He told the AP that crosses were broken, damage was done to a statue of Jesus, and at the Rosary Sister School and nearby convent, prayer books were burned.
9/10/10 11:49 AM
Joe Ray

I am merely pointing out the inconsistency in opposing Islam and mosque building at home while fervently cheerleading the sacrifice of thousands of American lives and hundreds of billions of dollars so Muslims in Iraq can live in comfort and security with American style freedom, democracy and a welfare state.

You for one supported the Iraq war and bought into the Bush agenda of "spreading freedom and democracy" throughout the Islamic world.

That is an extremely altruistic agenda, and towards Muslims no less.

You and others like you are very confused. Wouldn't you agree?

9/10/10 11:54 AM
Joe Ray

the rooster - By the way, I do think there is a major double standard. Time Magazine does an article on "Is America Islamaphobic" (note Newsweek or one of those magazines just did one with a little girl who had her nose and ears cut off my islamic extremist. Certainly she's islamaphobic).

What you don't hear much of is an article by these same folks on, "Is Islam Americanaphobic". or "Is Sharia law Constitutionalaphobic". Or is chanting "death to Christians" is that Christianaphobic?

There is certainly no political correctness with islamic jihadist and extremist (which includes "moderate and mainstream" folks like one of Afhanistans *presidential* candidates) who openly advocate death to Christians, death to Americans (which inludes liberals) and burn bibles!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/285123/christians_in_gaza_fear_for_their_lives.html

Father Manuel Musallem, head of Gaza's Latin church, told the AP that Muslims have ransacked, burned and looted a school and convent that are part of the Gaza Strip's small Romany Catholic community. He told the AP that crosses were broken, damage was done to a statue of Jesus, and at the Rosary Sister School and nearby convent, prayer books were burned.

As I already said, only a few years you and other right wingers were falling over themselves to portrary the sacrifice of American lives and money and countless soldiers maimed so that Muslims could enjoy the benefits of freedom and democracy.

One would have assumed you adored Muslims and considered charitable endeavour towards them to be the height of virtue.

How do you manage the contradiction between your hostility towards Islam and your desire to sacrifice your nations lives and resources so Muslims can live nice, comfortable lives?
9/10/10 12:17 PM
the rooster

joe ray: I am merely pointing out the inconsistency in opposing Islam and mosque building at home while fervently cheerleading the sacrifice of thousands of American lives and hundreds of billions of dollars so Muslims in Iraq can live in comfort and security with American style freedom, democracy and a welfare state.

me: agreed. Although I don't think that exporting freedom and democracy abroad is the same as inporting Sharia Law and terrorism domestically.

Joe Ray: You for one supported the Iraq war and bought into the Bush agenda of "spreading freedom and democracy" throughout the Islamic world.

me: Joe Ray, I had my reservations constitutionally with no congressional declaration of war. I do not like these "war resolution" "conflicts".

And I'm fairly neutral with "spreading freedom and democracy" as you rightly state this can become nothing more then outsourcing welfare. I also am opposed to nation building and international policing. I am certainly desirous for women in Afhanistan to not to have genital circumcision, to be killed for looking wrong, for having their ears or noses cut off and to the extent that our freedoms can be helpful, I'm ok with that (ie undermining Iran by targeting some of their more western friendly students).

I was supportive as a military action as a retaliation of 9/11 and the threat of Iraq in it's support for terrorism throughout the region and in the US.

I was supportive of a stmt to militant muslims saying, "don't hit us or we will hurt you and your financial sources".

you: That is an extremely altruistic agenda, and towards Muslims no less.

You and others like you are very confused. Wouldn't you agree?

me:? Not sure wha you mean?
9/10/10 12:34 PM
the rooster

joe ray: As I already said, only a few years you and other right wingers were falling over themselves to portrary the sacrifice of American lives and money and countless soldiers maimed so that Muslims could enjoy the benefits of freedom and democracy.

me: uh, not so. I was for punishing anyone associated with not only 9/11, but the Cole attack, the NY Towers, the beheading of american citizens, etc.

And it's certainly not just "right wingers" who were for the 2 front war. Obama himself said afghan is the central front and he's committed to a surge.

And he's a far left winger.

you: One would have assumed you adored Muslims and considered charitable endeavour towards them to be the height of virtue.

How do you manage the contradiction between your hostility towards Islam and your desire to sacrifice your nations lives and resources so Muslims can live nice, comfortable lives?

me: see my above notes. My hostitlity to Islam is ideological. Islam is rascist, endorses slavery, anti woman, anti any other ideology and is globally evangelical.

My hostility is towards their violent methods and bullying to promote "tolerance" (fear of them) and their own theocratic practices and desires.

I have no beef with muslims (do judo with a great muslim kid) and we have IBI on here who is very thoughtful.

I also have reservations about exporting welfare as you stated while people are shouting "death to Americans, death to Christians" (can you imagine counter protests against liberals..."death to homosexuals, death to pinko communist democrats" it would not be tolerated).

My beef is ideological (as it is with liberals) not personal.
9/10/10 3:15 PM
Jack Carter
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/10/10 3:15 PM
Also, the people clamouring to burn Korans and the staunchest opponents of the mosque near Ground Zero were also the biggest cheerleaders of Bush's militarist utopian social engineering project to bring American-style freedom and democracy to poor, oppressed Muslims all across Iraq.

LMFAO @ Joy Rays continual display of his stupidity.

The Westboro Baptist Church PROTESTS The Iraq war & goes to the funerals of soldiers who died in Iraq to protest the Iraq war and to say the soldiers got what they deserved.

Joe Ray you are a stupid fool. 
9/10/10 3:18 PM
Jack Carter
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

me: no it's not. The people clamouring to burn Korans are from a small church in Florida with about 50 people. I'm not even sure all 50 are for the burning. So your comment is factually untrue.

Joe Ray is a turd.

He has no idea what he's talking about and just spews shit hoping it's correct.

He obviously has no idea what is going on and it makes him look incredibly stupid

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.