UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> NAGA Chicago video

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/9/10 11:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
judoinmotion
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR7gJzEc0JQ
9/9/10 6:28 PM
judoblackbelt
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I couldn't find that video and I tried judo kids naga chicago. The video is being blocked by Sony/WMG is the message.
9/9/10 9:34 PM
judoinmotion
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It should work now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR7gJzEc0JQ
9/10/10 1:05 AM
rbnsn82
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you wanna feel bad about your grappling progress, just watch the kid and teen divisions
9/10/10 10:57 AM
judoblackbelt
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't find the video on YOuTube. I am getting a complex, is it me?
9/10/10 11:18 AM
judoblackbelt

I watched the video on the BJJ forum. The developement is awesome. It just goes to show if you take judo kids and train them in BJJ what they can do. But it doesn't necessarily help your judo progress.
9/11/10 9:59 PM
judoinmotion

We have spend the last few months working from the bottom. (attack and defense). So you see them doing more submissions from the bottom than from the top. There were other matches that didn't get taped that they were able to finish with omoplata from a failed rubber guard. Some how, the other kids and coaches know about their judo back ground making it difficult for them to do big throws as they were used to do, which is ok. Now, we are working on a good answer for the guard pullers.
Thanks for the comments!
9/12/10 8:31 AM
judoblackbelt

You have adapted to their game, but judo is better at transition( from standing to mat) than BJJ and that is what your kids are doing better to get the edge. Nice bottom guard progress.
9/15/10 10:11 AM
leothelion
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judo kids generally are much more aggressive going for the grip ...I concur with Judobb that Judo is better at transition....the under 13 year old judo kids are not so aware of submissions due to the fact that they are not allowed in those divisions...but many judo kids are more tournament experienced..I think that if you teach these judo kids a few submissions and how not to stick their arm or allow their back to be taken they will do very well in grappling tournaments...I hope to enter my Judo kid in a few grappling and bjj tournaments this year...
9/15/10 11:05 AM
judoinmotion

Yes, many people fail to realize the importance of judo and its foundation and because of it, my kids are successful in other sports as well. Even Carlson Gracie jr. thinks that kids should start in judo before Bjj which is more common to see this mentality in Brazil. Last NAGA, I took 8 kids, all of them placed. Three fought in the expert division, 2 in the intermediate and 3 in the beginners. Most of them were able to get the first throw and be dominant. It tells me that we are in the right path.
Thank you guys. I'll keep post the videos!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.