UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Eddie Bravo Calls out Royler Gracie: Teaches Class

9/9/10 12:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tru
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/09/10 12:39 PM
MMAPrime.TV, Host

Eddie Bravo teaches me some moves and we review his gym; then during an interview he makes it known that he 100 percent wants a rematch with royler (yes i know he won the first time)Love Eddie's technique and his gym. Thanks for the access Eddie!!! 
9/9/10 12:52 PM
Fastwalker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1st

So it begins.
9/9/10 12:57 PM
RickStorm
1734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/09/10 12:57 PM

is that a bong inbetween you and Eddie..

nevermind... it is..

9/9/10 1:14 PM
Tru
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAPrime.TV, Host
I'm not familiar with marijuana consumption but yes, upon closer look it does appear to be a marijuana smoking device

9/9/10 1:28 PM
VincentVega
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lets just say that 9 out of 10 times Eddie could beat Royler.

All that would mean is that Eddie would have Royler's number. We all know styles make fights. Roger is the best, not because he beats one person consistently... but because he beats everyone consistently. Eddie has done nothing since his 1 win...lol. Eddie is a great grappler and I use a lot of his 1/2 guard stuff, but as an outsider, this is a lose/lose for Royler. If Royler wins, they are 1 and 1. If Royler loses, Eddie will run with "I beat the best at my weight class, twice".

This is like someone joining a BJJ class and saying, "I only want to roll with one specific person in class. If they dont show up, Im not training." That would be rediculous. We all know that its important to train with everyone. Short, fat, tall, skinny, high belt, low belt, etc. Someone who says, Im ONLY gonna train with someone I choose, would get weeded out(no pun) quickly!!! I think this is the same. If your gonna compete, then compete. Champions step into the arena, and take on all challengers.

Just my opinion.
9/9/10 1:32 PM
RickStorm
1734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tru - I'm not familiar with marijuana consumption but yes, upon closer look it does appear to be a marijuana smoking device

"upon closer look" my ass.. LOL

OII
9/9/10 1:33 PM
billy914
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royler isn't an active grappling competitor anymore. Not that it means Eddie can't try to set up a superfight with him, but his accomplishments are historical rather than current. The best at that weight now are Mendes and Cobrinha. Leo Viera is still around and competing if Eddie wants a rematch with him.
9/9/10 1:36 PM
Tru

MMAPrime.TV, Host
 Leo Viera is a beast.

Eddie wants the rematch because royler says it was a fluke or lucky.  i think its about to top practicioners from that era wanting to settle it and see who is the best.  Eddie told me on a radio show few weeks back that he even offered to take no money and some other things to get the match set up, but it has always been the gracie's saying no.
9/9/10 1:40 PM
MMA Scraps Radio
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really looking forward to taking a seminar from Eddie someday.
9/9/10 2:19 PM
soldierdad5417

MMA Scraps Radio -  Really looking forward to taking a hit from the bong with Eddie someday.
fixed

9/9/10 2:30 PM
Tru

MMAPrime.TV, Host
 ^^^^lol
9/9/10 2:32 PM
Morgz
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's an 8 minute vid.  Can anyone tell me where the "call out" refernced in the thread title is?
9/9/10 2:44 PM
VincentVega
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's toward the end. Phone Post
9/9/10 2:54 PM
RNunberg
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Worst camera man in Tru history?

Cool vid otherwise.

Call out is like 5:40 in.
9/9/10 2:57 PM
ADAMantium
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Bravo and Tru
9/9/10 3:00 PM
KC007

I think the bigger issue here is we need to discuss a P4P best white belt list.
9/9/10 3:01 PM
Truemanc3
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddie should fight Leo Viera!

Leo played with him.
9/9/10 3:18 PM
Tru

MMAPrime.TV, Host
RNunberg - Worst camera man in Tru history?

Cool vid otherwise.

lol.   yeah it was rough.   the lighting is bad, so the focus goes in and out during the zooms.  there were a lot of variables involved with this one.
9/9/10 3:24 PM
The Sultan
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the black and blue color theme in the gym.
9/9/10 3:25 PM
ADAMantium

Horwich from 10th Planet, will be on tonight's Bellator event. Should be a good fight.
9/9/10 3:47 PM
John Nic

i used to look up to eddie (loved the twister movie) and still think he is a decent/fun loving guy, but it is hard to ignore his ignorance in calling out royler (who is a 4x world champion and 7 degree black belt) and poking fun at gracie barra at every opportunity.... show a little respect.

royler stopped competing and im willing to accept without confirmation that he won't accept a rematch (especially considering how long he has competed) but that shouldn't stop eddie from competing all together.. which he has... which is sort of odd considering eddie is branding his '10thplanet bjj' as the best BJJ for MMA.

9/9/10 4:17 PM
BillyRayChubbs
751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats Bro, and the Possible Top 3 White belts accomplishment from Bravo!!!!
9/9/10 4:19 PM
Hemlock
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tru - 

Cool vid otherwise.

lol.   yeah it was rough.   the lighting is bad, so the focus goes in and out during the zooms.  there were a lot of variables involved with this one.

Like everyone was high?
9/9/10 4:33 PM
Morgz
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool vid otherwise.

Thanks.  I think Eddie was pretty respecful with his words.  I'd like to see it if Royler were up for it.  I'd pay money to watch it online, that's for sure.
9/9/10 4:56 PM
DLR

Other things that happened in 2003... Anderson Silva gets triangled by Daiju Takase.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.