UnderGround Forums

Anaconda No-Gi UnderGround >> Hermes Franca vs Ryan Hall UFC Fan Expo

9/17/10 10:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ryan Thatcher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Louis Ho -  Ryan Thatcher.  Thanks for answering. 

If nobody has a name for it, what's wrong with a legit Jiu Jitsu instructor calling it The Truck?  Isn't having a name for it better than, "that position when one guy is.....and the other guy is....."?  Doesn't seem like anybody else has a name for it.

Alright, I do have a name for it. I call the position 'Montezuma's Revenge'. I was trying to keep it on the down low because my book is coming out soon. All my unique grappling positions and philosophies will be covered in detail. I'm a brown-belt in BJJ, but hold a red belt in my own no-gi system . Actually it's kind of a half gi system. I wear a sleeveless gi top with spandex shorts. Flexibility is not important, but you have to have superior upper body strength. Nobody is getting a black belt under me if they can't bench press at least 400lbs. I'm also hoping to get Mauro Ranallo as a student, so he can incestantly name drop my techinques during Strikeforce fights. It won't matter if the fighters are my students or not. If anything they are doing looks similiar to my system, it will associate them with me. It's simple marketing.
9/17/10 11:59 AM
asscobra
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Thatcher will you be doing seminars any time soon?

The uniform sounds like a cross between Ryu and Richard Simmons. 

I'd like to pay you money so that I can say that I'm affiliated with your style of half gi-less jiu jitsu. 

I will eventually make youtube videos of techniques that don't work only to be exposed as a charlatan by bjj forum members. 
9/17/10 12:16 PM
Ryan Thatcher

asscobra - Ryan Thatcher will you be doing seminars any time soon?

I'd like to pay you money so that I can say that I'm affiliated with your style of half gi-less jiu jitsu. 

I will eventually make youtube videos of techniques that don't work only to be exposed as a charlatan by bjj forum members. 

I appreciate your interest in affiliation, but first things first. What do you bench?
9/17/10 6:56 PM
MurdochIRL
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -
CompanyBlue - nice work...btw the Ryan Hall gif is missing the best part, where he goes from 50/50 into a deep half then comes out, looks like you just got the ending of it. It's a beautiful transition.
hopefully this is it.. i had to break it into 2 parts though

9/17/10 6:57 PM
MurdochIRL
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ it's like one of those magic eye posters. I can stare at it forever.
9/17/10 7:32 PM
asscobra
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Thatcher - 
asscobra - Ryan Thatcher will you be doing seminars any time soon?

I appreciate your interest in affiliation, but first things first. What do you bench?
Max, about 295. We can tell people that I put up 400 then I'll post videos of me benching but with rubber plates.

9/17/10 9:25 PM
Louis Ho

10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal, Head Instructor
 Ryan, let me go on a steroid and HGH regimen and I'll get back to you.  :)
9/21/10 2:05 PM
kipling200
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks a lot like what Jacob Mackenzie does from half guard, with a nice "ninja roll" at the end.
12/2/10 4:15 AM
Tap21

I originally learned the final part of this move from the old Odie Neto video below. It was awesome to see Ryan's new setup to get in position for this technique.

Neto Roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFvdppqY5us
12/9/10 12:32 AM
MMD
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.