UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Muay Thai Privates

9/17/10 5:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jake Steinmann
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sityodtong Muay Thai, Trainer
hitmeharder - From what I have heard 90 is ok price. There are very few US thai trainers here in the US. With even less that can not only hold good pads but also teach well. If 90 is a lot the person is free to go find somebody else. If I look for a private some day and the trainer only wants 30 bucks I will assume that they suck...

I wouldn't assume someone cheaper is bad. They might simply not care very much about the money, and just enjoy teaching. They might simply have no idea how much they could be charging for their services. Or they could be constrained by their local economy.

I would encourage anyone considering doing private training to try and speak with the person that they are training with, or at least, learn a bit about them before scheduling a lesson. Everyone will have different coaching needs and goals; find a coach that will help you achieve your goals, and then go from there.
9/17/10 5:30 PM
The Sultan
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hitmeharder - From what I have heard 90 is ok price. There are very few US thai trainers here in the US. With even less that can not only hold good pads but also teach well. If 90 is a lot the person is free to go find somebody else. If I look for a private some day and the trainer only wants 30 bucks I will assume that they suck...

not to be cliche, but you should never assume.

some just don't know the market value and perhaps went a little low on their prices....decide if they are good based on their skills and what they teach.
9/18/10 6:45 AM
TheAdonis

actually, martinez!, the last time someone invited me to their gym I came in and trained sparring drills with his students and ho'd them pretty badly, so your idle threats give me a good laugh. I'm alergic to cold weather and bullshitters, so i'll need to stay down south where the women are slutty and the weather is warm.

You guys can have your sub par muay thai and polar bear women any day.

and that is all

The adonis

P.s. I've heard good things about sityondong camp, but lets be realistic- $200 is a farce, and $90 is a fucking stretch. Again, who has delegrotte trained that was a MT champ? Who has he fought? where's the video? He's the white master toddy. All bullshit, some skill, all marketing.

9/18/10 6:46 AM
TheAdonis

Steinman- who are you? Where's your fight video? post up some of your instructionals? If you are charging $90/hr i'm assuming you have one or the other. I anxiously await your reply with baited breath.

yours truly,

the luxurious one

The Adonis
9/18/10 7:11 AM
HoustonTexas

Sorry to interrupt Adonis, but let me answer Ryukyu Damashi real quick...

No Bangplee is 500 Baht a session and 800 for a private.

If people want to buy multiple sessions I give a discount.

Later

9/19/10 6:10 PM
The Sultan
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheAdonis, relax bro.

You aren't walking in anywhere in our gym and "KO'ing" anyone "pretty bad"

As for Jake, he's an excellent coach who doesn't have the time to put aside to prepare for fights.  End of story. 

There are many others we have that will and can fight.  Don't really understand the need to question anyone's credentials anyways....that seems like something a 12 year old girl would do.
9/19/10 6:11 PM
The Sultan

Edited: 09/19/10 6:11 PM
TheAdonis - actually, martinez!, the last time someone invited me to their gym I came in and trained sparring drills with his students and ho'd them pretty badly, so your idle threats give me a good laugh. I'm alergic to cold weather and bullshitters, so i'll need to stay down south where the women are slutty and the weather is warm.

You guys can have your sub par muay thai and polar bear women any day.

and that is all

The adonis

P.s. I've heard good things about sityondong camp, but lets be realistic- $200 is a farce, and $90 is a fucking stretch. Again, who has delegrotte trained that was a MT champ? Who has he fought? where's the video? He's the white master toddy. All bullshit, some skill, all marketing.

Yeah, ok....LOL @ "marketing".  The going rate is what is....

you don't like, then don't buy.  End of story.

If you haven't ever trained with someone, don't talk shit....you look like a fucking asshat when you do so. 
9/20/10 1:43 PM
OUTCOLD
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at $200 or $90! nice if you can get it tho

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.