UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> I'm gonna dunk

9/10/10 8:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jacob Lamb
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 33 years old, 6'0" 270 pounds. I have a bad back and two bad knees.

When I was 18 I had 39" hops(running). I could touch the middle of my forearm to the rim running and drop step dunk off two feet.

The last time I dunked I was 21 or 22 and weighed 210 pounds.

I can still touch the rim. That puts me at about 25" hops now. I figure I need eight more inches to dunk.

My birthday is in about five months. I will dunk before then.
9/11/10 3:17 AM
Jacob Lamb
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm fat. I'm gonna lose 70 pounds.
9/11/10 8:35 AM
walbjj
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

are u black btw? cos the only white guy with hops like that is rex chapman.
and where teh fuck were ur shitty friends when u were blowing out? fuck those guys
9/11/10 3:48 PM
dangerboy12
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck.
9/11/10 5:51 PM
Jacob Lamb

Played ball a little today. Helping one of my nephew's teammates with his game before the season starts. Worked on explosiveness off the dribble, so I got a few reps in and I feel fast/explosive for 270(lol). Definitely still have some horse power. Just need a tuneup and to lighten the load.

Been stretching the last few days and I'm down about 6 pounds in the last week.

I'm on my way.
9/17/10 1:43 PM
kanotoa
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT For the vid. If you post a video of your dunk I will send you a gift from Hawaii (not a gag gift). Maybe a box of chocolate covered mac nuts.
9/19/10 4:13 PM
EKPOGI
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goodluck
9/20/10 7:39 PM
Jacob Lamb

Last Tuesday I touched the rim. Can't quite get a finger over the top to pull it down yet.

Played ball Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday. Last time I played three times in a week was years ago. Gonna play again tomorrow.

Losing the weight will be the biggest challenge. I just have to stick with it.
9/20/10 8:07 PM
dangerboy12
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been able to grab the rim since I was 17, but I have never gotten the extra couple of inches needed to dunk. Never was a priority.
9/21/10 9:45 AM
Tommy Gunnz
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"You are pretty heavy for your height. Are you in good shape and have a lot of muscle or are you just fat?"

no one else found this to be a really weird thing to say? I mean of course he's overweight or at that size he would be in the nfl, so why point it out? Jesus, lol
9/22/10 11:55 AM
Jacob Lamb

frankiesMONSTER BALLsack - Jacob, that's a lot of pounding. Are your knees sore? Your weight on that frame seems like a lot of stress on your knees.

I stand on concrete all day at work, so my knees and feet are sore every day. Playing basketball doesn't hurt them though.

I've played four times in the last eight days.

Started counting calories yesterday. I'm starting out around 1500-1800 per day. Should be under 260 by Monday.
9/27/10 4:45 PM
Mohammed
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2nd best feeling in the world is flying on the court. After I tore my ACL i wondered how long it would take for me to dunk. Only about 1 year after, I was dunking. I want to be able to fly untill im 40 or so. feels so good man!!!!
10/11/10 12:06 AM
Jacob Lamb

One month down, four to go.

Started at 274. I'm 259 now. I'll be honest though, I coasted the first two weeks. I could be down 10 more if I hadn't.

I'm on my way now though.

When I'm down 5 more pounds(20 total), I'll see if I gained any inches.
10/28/10 1:49 AM
Jacob Lamb

I got a little off track. : (

I ate pretty bad for the last two weeks.

I'm 260 with 15 weeks left.

So I can still make it. It's just a little more work now.

I'm back on track.

Going to start coaching in two weeks, so that'll keep me busy in the evenings(when I usually eat bad).
10/28/10 2:34 PM
Jacob Lamb

Exactly. I'm gonna have bumps in the road. I just can't let them derail me. Gotta get back on track as soon as possible.
10/31/10 4:42 PM
sanguine cynic

Try Steve Nash's diet..or the paleo diet...

my dad just dropped 15 pounds in two weeks on the paleo diet...you can eat as much as you want and still lose weight...so you wont feel hungry..
11/2/10 1:02 AM
EKPOGI
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you got an extra $300 the APL shoes supposedly* helps about 3inches.banned in the NBA right now.maybe placebo but might be worth it.
11/3/10 1:19 AM
stillmatic
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You actually have pretty good genetics to still have that vertical at that age and size. I'm sure just getting down to your ideal weight will get you somewhat close to dunking. I can envision you being a bitch to play against too. 6 foot and 270 lbs is a load to deal with.

I would just keep getting the weight down and then start doing some plyo's or a Jump Program when you get close to your target weight. Right now, that kind of stuff would be very heavy on the knees, so I wouldn't recommend it. I would stick to stuff like squats, deadlifts, and just strengthening your stabilizing leg and ankle muscles.
11/25/10 7:28 PM
Jacob Lamb

Weighed 263 this morning. I've had a bunch of stuff going on and lost focus. No excuses.

I'll get there though. Back on track as of this morning.

I'm helping coach at my nephews high school. Yesterday we only had nine kids because of the weather. The coach had me step in as the tenth for some competitive half court games. The losing team has to sprint down and back after each loss. I lost once and beat the four kids on my team down and back by about five feet.

I can't imagine how it would feel to run around sixty pounds lighter...

Thanks for asking. I can use all the reminders I can get. lol
12/20/10 1:39 PM
Jacob Lamb

Was at practice last week and a freshman jumped up and touched the padding underneath the backboard. He said "That's pretty good, right?" So I hopped up and touched it too.

He said "Yeah, but you're taller than me." I said "Yeah, but I'm old and fat and I can touch the rim."

He didn't believe me. I haven't tried touching the rim for a couple months and have been eating terrible. I'd feel stupid if I failed.

I took two steps, jumped off two feet and actually grabbed the rim. Pulled down the breakaway rim. I haven't done that for years.

When I got home, I weighed myself and I was 268.

I still have seven weeks until my dunking deadline. I don't think I can dunk by then, but I could easily get down to 240. I'm gonna shoot for that. Four pounds a week is no problem.
12/24/10 7:55 PM
Jacob Lamb

VIDEO UPDATE!!!

12/25/10 12:17 PM
Jacob Lamb

LOL
4/16/11 8:25 PM
Jacob Lamb

Damn you... lol
4/16/11 8:26 PM
Jacob Lamb

I just got done eating a pizza.

Have other great news though. Gonna make a thread about it. lol
4/17/11 9:22 PM
Mohammed

Never give up. Never surrender.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.