UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mark Cuban's HDNet to get UFC access

9/11/10 3:31 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

After years of a relationship that could best be termed "sometimes rocky," billionaire businessman and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has settled his differences with UFC president Dana White – at least enough for the UFC to open the door for Cuban's TV network, HDNet.

Cuban said the network will now be granted access to Zuffa events and will be able to use video highlights after fights. And he said Rice and Rutten would be at UFC events as part of the "Inside MMA" show.

"Over the years, Dana and I have had some disagreements at the business level," Cuban said on the show. "Because of those – and I can see his side of it, as well – HDNet has not had access to UFC events. We weren't able to be at the weigh-ins, we didn't have press credentials, we didn't get video after fights. So Dana and I have been talking for the past few months and kind of came to some agreements and worked things out."

Cuban said any perceived rifts with White over the years were merely the nature of business.

Read entire article...

9/11/10 3:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hel13torm
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hopefully now Inside MMA can stop using still frames when reviewing UFC events,
I highly doubt anyone's gonna see the 5-10 second highlights on IMMA and go "Ah well, won't order that UFC replay now"
9/11/10 3:35 PM
2TALL4BJJ
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool
9/11/10 3:43 PM
Brian Rule
299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good to hear. both dana and cuban are better off working together
9/11/10 3:50 PM
Elevate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is big. It's like the UFC saying that they aren't a different league compared to other orgs.
9/11/10 4:07 PM
USAF Imagery Analyst

Good news for both parties.
9/11/10 4:07 PM
GREK

MONEY NEVER SLEEPS!! Phone Post
9/11/10 4:52 PM
Flying Teep
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it is good news. Hopefully the same emphasis on the other orgs will still be present and that the UFC will not push aside everything else.
9/11/10 7:36 PM
reaper51

Finally Phone Post
9/11/10 7:43 PM
chaplinshouse
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe's all "we can curse?" ---"sweet! fuck fuck shit fuck suck" :)

and why is it funny that a week after Cuban calls out Dana, it's resolved? Calling someone out can create dialogue. Dialogue creates compromise. Compromise resolves conflict. Makes perfect sense to me.
9/11/10 9:41 PM
Mmanizzle

TTT for El Guapo!!!
9/11/10 10:36 PM
C1010
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

USAF Imagery Analyst - Good news for both parties.

Awesome news!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.