UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ninja turned down Sakuraba, wants big things

9/13/10 9:42 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Pride veteran and former EliteXC champion, Murilo “Ninja” Rua turned 30 yars old in 2010, but he still does not have a home on MMA. Since Pride closed its doors, in 2007, the fighter fought in six different events, but could not reach a safe place, something he is has been trying to find for a long time. With four wins on the last 12 months, all by knockouts or submissions, Ninja hopes for new and good things for the year to come.

“There’re a lot of things happening related to Murilo. I’m trying to define his future in 2011”, said manager Eduardo Alonso, revealing that the main goal is to sign with a big event next year. “We’ve straightened a good way to go with good wins and now we wanted him to have the greatest challenge of his career, to find within himself the motivation to face those challenges ... “It came up a possibility for him to fight in Europe, Israel and Hawaii, but everything is just a speculation yet”.

Ninja got close to a fight n DREAM in April of 2009, but since it was pretty close to the fight between his brother Shogun against Lyoto Machida, he decided to cancel the bout. “There’s still the possibility of him coming back to Dream”, Alonso said. “They even said something about him fighting (Kazushi) Sakuraba, but they’re old friends, so it didn’t happen." he said. “We want Murilo on the United Stated in 2011, on a bigger event ..."

Read entire article...

9/13/10 9:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
T-Ham
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ninja handed out one of my favorite beatdowns ever to that Aussie douchebag Tony bunello (sp). God that was glorious.

9/13/10 9:54 AM
cluster
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before someone claims the only reason you'd turn down a $$$ fight with Saku is because Dream wanted a work.
9/13/10 9:56 AM
SgtJustinTeplitz
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why hasn't these guys signed with the UFC yet???
9/13/10 10:06 AM
Kunu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ufc!! Phone Post
9/13/10 10:09 AM
TotalFightSource

SgtJustinTeplitz - why HAVEN'T these guys signed with the UFC yet???

fixed
9/13/10 10:23 AM
crazydave
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T-Ham -  Ninja handed out one of my favorite beatdowns ever to that Aussie douchebag Tony bunello (sp). God that was glorious.

Best beating ever. Rape choke to KO goodness.
9/13/10 10:32 AM
Sebastiaan

^for sure, especially after that staredown. Total domination.
9/13/10 10:55 AM
frankiscool
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Ninja OK physically?   Wasn't there a thread about something recently?  Hopefully all is well.
9/13/10 11:04 AM
Mma_Dawg
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shogun used to be Ninja's brother... now Ninja is Shogun's Brother. 

9/13/10 11:25 AM
Mean Green

Would love to see Ninja vs. Bisping Phone Post
9/13/10 11:40 AM
sweepnchoke
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ohferfuxsakes - 
frankiscool -  Is Ninja OK physically?   Wasn't there a thread about something recently?  Hopefully all is well.

expand?

Brain trauma, permanantly slurred speach etc... these were the reports I had heard, and were being discussed here a few weeks back.
9/13/10 11:45 AM
sweepnchoke
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jordan Breen mentions something about Ninja Rua having had two brain surgeries and the word around Brazil being he doesn't speak right anymore.

No one to my knowledge has ever confirmed this though.
9/13/10 12:06 PM
Amano Ginji
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sweepnchoke - Jordan Breen mentions something about Ninja Rua having had two brain surgeries and the word around Brazil being he doesn't speak right anymore.

God I hope that isn't true, just the thought makes me want to cry :( Always a fan of his
9/13/10 12:51 PM
RIPLEY

Watching Ninja pummel that shit talking white trash butt flopper was classic.
9/13/10 1:13 PM
Foos
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cluster - In before someone claims the only reason you'd turn down a $$$ fight with Saku is because Dream wanted a work.

I must admit, the thought crossed my mind
9/13/10 1:16 PM
supersonic
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ninja mean mugged Sak big time after the fight when he beat up Matsui good. Ever since then i wanted Sak to get him.
9/13/10 1:37 PM
Brock75thRanger

Mma_Dawg - <p>Shogun used to be Ninja's brother... now Ninja is Shogun's Brother. </p>

idk if Shogun was ever Ninjas brother but ever since they have been in Pride i think Shogun was always known as the superior fighter
9/13/10 2:07 PM
threestars35

sweepnchoke - Jordan Breen mentions something about Ninja Rua having had two brain surgeries and the word around Brazil being he doesn't speak right anymore.

I heard Breen is a drug addict
9/13/10 2:14 PM
studiocamp
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock75thRanger - 
Mma_Dawg - <p>Shogun used to be Ninja's brother... now Ninja is Shogun's Brother. </p>

idk if Shogun was ever Ninjas brother but ever since they have been in Pride i think Shogun was always known as the superior fighter

It was because Ninja was in Pride first.
9/17/10 11:33 PM
fruhzs
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just for the record, I said those things in Portuguese and translation is not quite correct.
I never said I wanted Ninja to have the greatest challenge of his career, I said I wanted him to have a "greater challenge in 2011, so he could motivate himself and see where he is at right now, no excuses"

Thanks,

Eduardo Alonso.
9/17/10 11:39 PM
32Hunter

Edited: 09/17/10 11:42 PM
T-Ham -  Ninja handed out one of my favorite beatdowns ever to that Aussie douchebag Tony bunello (sp). God that was glorious.

Yes. Ninja also absorbed one of my favorite beatdowns from Sergei.
always hoping for good things for Ninja hope everything works out.

9/18/10 12:03 AM
d3vil0ck
819 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fruhzs - Just for the record, I said those things in Portuguese and translation is not quite correct.
I never said I wanted Ninja to have the greatest challenge of his career, I said I wanted him to have a "greater challenge in 2011, so he could motivate himself and see where he is at right now, no excuses"

Thanks,

Eduardo Alonso.

hey eduardo, would it be possible for you to address the ninja brain damage rumors? he is one of my favorite fighters and it concerns the fans. i understand if you can't though. thanks

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.