UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jardine cites migraine for slow start vs. Prangley

9/13/10 9:53 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

"I had a pretty slow start actually. I never make excuses before my fights but coming up before this fight I had the worst migraine in the world and it took me actually two rounds to get through that. Everything he was touching me with hurt man, I was just in a bad situation there. I just tried to gut it out and my head kinda cleared up and things worked out well in (the third) round but I guess not well enough to win the fight ... I'm just gonna keep fighting and see what happens."

Read entire article...
Read entire article... (source)

9/13/10 9:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
inf0
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

scrambled sardines

9/13/10 10:22 AM
C Willy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Phone Post
9/13/10 10:32 AM
C1010
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 -  scrambled sardines

LMAO
9/13/10 12:00 PM
Titanium Rhino
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I get the most horrendous migraines where I can't even see or comprehend basic English and have to go to the ER and be hooked up to IV drugs. If the migraine was that bad, he wouldn't have been able to fight at all.
9/13/10 12:03 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
1050 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chiropractor/
9/13/10 12:59 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maybe he had a cracked skull
9/13/10 1:04 PM
chesty_1775
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sounds like a lil Belfort mixed with some Tito...naw, not as bad as Tito.
9/13/10 1:41 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
 I believe it.  Fighting with a migraine would fucking suck.  Doing anything with a migraine sucks.
9/13/10 1:48 PM
Jessethebandit

[QUOTE]So that's how you get rid of migraines? Spar 2 full 5 minute rounds and get cracked in the face over and over? After that, it'll just "kinda clear up." Good to know [/QUOTE]

Maybe by the 3rd round he had got tagged enough he hurt bad anyways and just decided to say fuck it and let em fly. In the first rounds people are always more conservative. A migraine would affect you much more if you're trying to be methodical. As oposed to just swingin' for the fence because the fight is almost over.
9/13/10 1:56 PM
NorthFromHere
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weight cutting increases your chance to get a migraine
9/13/10 1:56 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

Edited: 09/13/10 1:56 PM
FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
NorthFromHere - Weight cutting increases your chance to get a migraine

Absolutely, dehydration is almost always a huge trigger.

9/13/10 2:02 PM
PunchesHurt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/13/10 2:06 PM
I love how Jardine says that he never makes excuses and then immediately gives an excuse.

"I never make excuses before my fights but coming up before this fight I had the worst migraine in the world"

Integrity... How does it work?
9/13/10 2:49 PM
HULKSMASH
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spine injury can cause migraines. TRUE STORY Phone Post
9/13/10 3:00 PM
BzGrappla

Prangley also had a migraine do to weight cutting. So I guess it all works out.

sorry sourdine
9/13/10 3:04 PM
2L4S

the problem is w/ his attitude - he says he'll keep fighting and will see what happens. won't get far like this. I really like him but imo he's only in b/c he doesn't know anything better. Phone Post
9/13/10 3:05 PM
MmmWhiskey
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Titanium Rhino - I get the most horrendous migraines where I can't even see or comprehend basic English and have to go to the ER and be hooked up to IV drugs. If the migraine was that bad, he wouldn't have been able to fight at all.

Because there aren't different levels of migraines, right?

Maybe Jardine just isn't as big of a pussy as you are?
9/13/10 4:05 PM
USAF Imagery Analyst

According to my ex-wife, I know how to GIVE migraines...
9/13/10 4:10 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dr drew said its not a migraine unless it makes u vomit
9/13/10 4:11 PM
armbarring
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i fucking hate this place. You faggot fans ruined mma. Fickle homos....
9/13/10 5:24 PM
Ring Girl
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There definitely ARE different types of migraines and levels of migraine intensity. It is definitely not just a bad headache, but it doesn't mean they're all alike. Everybody is affected by them differently. Oliver Sacks wrote a great book on migraines years ago -- worth the read for anyone who suffers from them.

Exercise can also temporarily alleviate migraine symptoms, although they typically come back worse once exercise is finished.
9/13/10 5:27 PM
Hate420
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God damnit,nobody loses fair and square anymore do they? Every fucking fighter who loses has an excuse anymore.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.