UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jorge Masvidal speaks his mind

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/13/10 2:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PureBader
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jorge has some choice words after his close loss to Paul Daley. He says he's really only lost 2 fights, is gonna smash Gilbert Melendez and would love to fight Daley again. It wasa good interview and it made me laugh, see the entire video here:

http://www.purefight.org/coverage/237544-Shark-Fights-13/video/355389-Jorge-Masvidal-thought-he-won
9/13/10 2:53 PM
fightfan531
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i agree...daley was busier and landed more shots in round 1 to win it... round 2 masvidal had the takedowns and control....round 3 jorge was winning first 2 minutes or so but daley stole the last 2 mins and seemed to have done more damage for the round. close fight but thought daley won. 30-27 was bullshit though. fan of both guys so this is as unbiased as can be.

also i agree masvidal has gotten screwed in the past vs damm, vs palomino and another guy i can;t remember. looking forward to see him fight gurgel, noons, melendez in strikeforce.
9/13/10 2:57 PM
FieryErmine
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Round 1 was close. I thought Daley won it. Can understand if someone gave it to Masvidal.

Round 2 was easily Masvidal's.

Round 3 was clearly stolen by Daley. Probably the most decisive round of the fight, actually.

So the fight could have gone Masvidal's way if you gave the first round to Masvidal. As it was, the judges agreed with me and gave it to Daley.

Overall, though Daley came in heavy against a dude that was really a lightweight and barely beat him. Really a kinda pathetic performance.
9/13/10 3:14 PM
DevinS
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jorge fought such a lame fight. How can he say he won? Those takedowns were absolutely pointless. Daley was the only one fighting as far as I could tell. He won handily.
9/13/10 3:18 PM
DevinS
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the hooplah over this decision is testament to how biased people become from commentators
9/14/10 9:45 AM
bangbangbang

I c the first for daley due to aggression..second jorge from the takedowns...third was even in my opinion each got one takedown and thats aboot it...that being said i think masvidal won!!!!!
9/14/10 11:19 AM
ShaqNoob
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He'll come back stronger. He didn't get this one, but for a lightweight fighting a strong fighter that has the KO  power of Daley he did well when he engaged.
9/14/10 11:44 AM
ausgepicht

He got ROBBED in that fight. Daley didn't do shit until the last minutes of the last round. I guess it's all about protecting your cash cow.

Regardless, Jorge isn't smashing Gil.

9/14/10 11:50 AM
ausgepicht

9/14/10 11:50 AM
RickRude
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daley beat him convincingly, Jorge needs to go back to the 305 and STFU!! Phone Post
9/14/10 11:51 AM
bangbangbang

GodSaveTheQueen - 
bangbangbang - I c the first for daley due to aggression..second jorge from the takedowns...third was even in my opinion each got one takedown and thats aboot it...that being said i think masvidal won!!!!!

So you're saying you give the third to Jorge, even though he ended it by being slammed on his head and pounded on? Masvidal did nothing with his takedown - so little in fact that the ref stood them up for inactivity. There's no comparison. Daley won, Masvidal should shut it.

actually no i do think daley won at the end... i just wanted to get a rise out of you!!!
9/14/10 11:53 AM
RickRude
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daley beat him convincingly Phone Post
9/14/10 11:57 AM
ausgepicht

Least Impressive in Victory: Paul Daley
Can someone please explain to me how it is that Daley's been a pro MMA fighter for seven years now and still has such terrible takedown defense? You'd think he would have learned more just from osmosis. Jorge Masvidal didn't even need to set up the single-legs against him. He just reached for Daley's leg and the takedown was there. After missing weight and then just barely scraping by with a decision victory, Daley's not doing much to convince the UFC that it was a mistake to release him. I hope he's as happy as he claims to be taking mediocre fights in the small circuit. If he keeps this up, that's exactly where he'll stay.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/09/13/falling-action-best-and-worst-of-the-weekend-that-was/

RickRude -  Daley beat him convincingly, Jorge needs to go back to the 305 and STFU!! Phone Post
I'd suggest a dictionary. Convincingly doesn't mean what you think it means.

9/14/10 2:52 PM
ausgepicht

ohferfuxsakes -  Thanks for the pictures to prove that Daley landed more  clean shot in the fight...oh wait.
LMAO!!! +1!

9/14/10 3:01 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 09/14/10 3:02 PM
GodSaveTheQueen - 
Cigano UK x -  

LMFAO look at the fear in  Masvidal  face

Totally mate. Look at him. He looks like a red headed stepchild getting beat!

Reminds me a lot of this pic:

Same fear, same getting beat like a red headed stepchild.
9/14/10 3:08 PM
ausgepicht

Cigano UK x - 
ausgepicht - 
GodSaveTheQueen - 
Cigano UK x -  

LMFAO look at the fear in  Masvidal  face

Totally mate. Look at him. He looks like a red headed stepchild getting beat!

Reminds me a lot of this pic:

Same fear, same getting beat like a red headed stepchild.

I dont see any fear at all?
I don't see in any Jorge's either.  Oh, the ironing!

9/14/10 3:25 PM
ausgepicht

Cigano UK x -  

LMFAO

LMFAO
9/14/10 3:46 PM
ausgepicht

Cigano UK x - 
ausgepicht - 
Cigano UK x -  

LMFAO

LMFAO

I still dont see fear?

That's because Jake's win was so massive and Daley's loss so epic that combined they were blinding.

9/14/10 4:27 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is jorge related to the diaz bros? maybe hes the long lost brother who was given up for adoption...
9/14/10 5:21 PM
subwrassler
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jorge is a 155er, i thought he did as good as he could have against someone who out-weighed him by a considerable amount.

Daley stole it in the 3rd, but aside from being tired, neither of them prolly felt like they'd been in a fight.
9/14/10 5:28 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"That's the difference between a Brit and a Yank. The Yank cowers up like a little fetus. The Brit says, "FUCK YOU!"

Did he say fuck you before or after he quit by tapping to an armbar?
9/15/10 10:44 AM
ausgepicht

Gokudamus stole my name - "That's the difference between a Brit and a Yank. The Yank cowers up like a little fetus. The Brit says, "FUCK YOU!"

Did he say fuck you before or after he quit by tapping to an armbar?
He also forgot to admit "That's the difference between a Brit and a Yank. The Yank's are consistently wordl champions. The Brit says, "FUCK THAT!"

FACT.

9/15/10 11:37 AM
armbarring

Why are you guys arguing with a homo with the name godsavethequeen?

Homo troll is british. :) Cheers mate lulz
9/15/10 12:50 PM
iraqicameltoe

i would like to see manhoef and daley
9/15/10 1:32 PM
Ocean6
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GodSaveTheQueen - Hard to get oustruck when your opponent doesn't throw any punches.

Fact: Daley threw probably 10x more punches than Masvidal, and landed 5x more.

Fact: Daley landed more strikes on the ground than Masvidal did.

Fact: Masvidal would learn more from this fight if he just said, "hey, I lost fair and square; had one good round, but I should have been less timid."

Listen up, I think Daley won, but you should not use Fact and Probably in the same sentence, UKNoobTroll.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.