UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Kansas City Chiefs

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9/14/10 10:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SiftMyMind
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/14/10 10:54 AM

Outstanding win for KC on Monday night!!!

KC, the worst team in its Division last year (and one of the worst teams in the league), beat SD, the best team in its Division.

KC team played well on both sides of the ball but special praise has to be given to the defence.

This is a team in its second year of rebuilding under a new regime and all signs would indicate that things are going in the right direction.
9/14/10 12:05 PM
east
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/14/10 12:29 PM
 Great game for KC but didn't all their points come in the first half?  Cassell was like 10-22 and 68 yards.  Normally, I'd say that won't cut it but the AFC West is very open this year.  KC looking good so far on defense and specials.  I am envious of your 12th man!

9/14/10 12:30 PM
TheRealJoker
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They looked good last night. I think i'll attend when they come to Houston.
9/14/10 12:35 PM
caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Attend the funeral? Houston is gonna kill em.
9/14/10 4:32 PM
Doomsday

In Cassel's defense, it was raining badly, and our plan was to run the rock. However, he does need to step it u several notches. The play calling could have been better, too. The pass blocking was not bad.
9/14/10 4:32 PM
Doomsday

And the 12th man played at an all-pro level last night. :)
9/14/10 5:53 PM
east
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/14/10 6:02 PM
Doomsday - In Cassel's defense, it was raining badly, and our plan was to run the rock. However, he does need to step it u several notches. The play calling could have been better, too. The pass blocking was not bad.
Why would weather matter?  Rivers was able to throw it for almost 300 yards.

I maintain that if anything holds back the Chiefs its going to be Cassell.  Guy is making 60 million dollars and KC traded a 2nd rounder for him.   

9/14/10 7:18 PM
Doomsday

We got Cassel and Vrabel. We really needed a QB who could stay on the field, and Vrabel has been invaluable getting this 3-4 together.

Watch this video, guys.
9/14/10 10:00 PM
TheRealJoker
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caleb - Attend the funeral? Houston is gonna kill em.

I hope so!!! The Cush will be back by then as well :-)
9/14/10 10:11 PM
Alco Hauler
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rivers has the look of a QB who thinks everyone in authority that is making decisions is a fucking idiot.

9/16/10 4:15 PM
SiftMyMind

TheRealJoker - 
caleb - Attend the funeral? Houston is gonna kill em.

I hope so!!! The Cush will be back by then as well :-)

Try not to get too far ahead of yourselves. The Chief’s next game is against the Browns.

Coming off of this big win, I can see the Chiefs burying a lacklustre Browns team.

Also, impressive numbers by Jackson and Dorsey in last week’s game!
9/16/10 8:22 PM
Doomsday

Its hard to beat anybody after coming off of a big win. The browns destroyed us last year. Jackson may not play this week.
9/17/10 9:03 PM
Doomsday

What numbers are you referring to SMM?

Check this article out..
www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/9/17/1694834/kansas-city-chiefs-front-seven
9/18/10 1:19 AM
AnthonyBrancato
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Chiefs are getting a break with Delhomme not expected to play, as Seneca Wallace has the weakest arm in the NFL, so the KC secondary doesn't even have to worry about the deep ball.

It's just a question of whether the Chiefs can evade the dreaded letdown - a task made harder by the short week of preparation.
9/20/10 10:04 AM
SiftMyMind

While I'm happy the chiefs won over the browns, I wish the win was more of a blowout.

A win is a win though.
49ers come to K.C. this Sunday.
9/20/10 12:11 PM
east

Any win is a good one.  Nice job KC.  I once again would like to reiterate that the Chiefs win in spite of Matt Cassell. 
9/20/10 2:56 PM
Doomsday

Cassel not really making good things happen. But, I am not complaining about a 2-0 team. I'll take the win over an offensive display anyday!

SMM, Parcells football is seldom pretty. But it works. Which is why you see Thomas Jones getting the carries.

The defense under Romeo is ligit! Once those rookie safeties get up to speed, it will be extremely fun to watch them, like back in the day!

Somebody finally called holding on the guy blocking Tamba! It was just rediculous. :)

How about Moeaki? I'm liking him a lot.

I don't understand why Cleveland wanted to test Brandon Flowers. I think they should have ran the ball a lot more, too. Oh well.
9/21/10 9:46 AM
Tommy Gunnz
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i hope the chiefs become a relevant nfl team again.

christian okoye FTW
9/22/10 3:04 PM
SiftMyMind

SF @ KC in week 3.

Any thoughts? Predictions?
9/22/10 5:46 PM
east

Doomsday - Cassel not really making good things happen. But, I am not complaining about a 2-0 team. I'll take the win over an offensive display anyday!
The defense under Romeo is ligit! Once those rookie safeties get up to speed, it will be extremely fun to watch them, like back in the day!

Your call on the defense is a little premature.  Holding San Diego to 21 pts in the rain and holding an awful Browns team to 14 shouldn't legitimize a defense so quickly.  Encouraging signs but its a small sample so far. 

9/22/10 6:15 PM
blunt minded
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SiftMyMind - SF @ KC in week 3.

Any thoughts? Predictions?

Gore runs for 140+ yds 3 tds
9/22/10 7:53 PM
Doomsday

east - 
Doomsday - Cassel not really making good things happen. But, I am not complaining about a 2-0 team. I'll take the win over an offensive display anyday!

Your call on the defense is a little premature.  Holding San Diego to 21 pts in the rain and holding an awful Browns team to 14 shouldn't legitimize a defense so quickly.  Encouraging signs but its a small sample so far. 

Yeah, cause saying it will be fun to watch is such a stretch! Quit being contrary all the time, and you might have some fun, too!
9/22/10 7:55 PM
Doomsday

BTW, SD only scored 14. Accuracy is not your best quality.
9/23/10 11:33 AM
east

Doomsday - BTW, SD only scored 14. Accuracy is not your best quality.

Fair enough.  My memory does kind of suck but you should hold off on letting your homerism run wild until a few more games are played.
9/23/10 2:48 PM
SiftMyMind

Interesting Facts:
- The Chiefs are at 2-0 for the first time since 2005.
- Last season, Kansas City didn't get its second win until Nov. 15.
- The Chiefs are seeking to register their first 3-0 start since 2003 with a win this weekend against the 49ers

I very much like what I'm seeing in KC.
They are still early in the rebuilding process, but I predict big things coming out of KC in the next few years.

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.