Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/01/10 5:01 PM
10/1/10 5:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SiftMyMind

Edited: 10/01/10 5:03 PM
The rest of games for the season for the Chiefs:

- @Indianapolis Colts - Loss (The Colts are a monster that the Chiefs aren't yet ready to slay)
- @ Houston Texans - Loss (The Texans aren't quite the monster that the Colts are but still a better team than the Chiefs are at this point)
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Win (Chiefs can beat the Jags…it will be interesting to see if the Chiefs can rebound after the adversity they will face with the two aforementioned games)
- Buffalo Bills - Win (Chiefs can MURDER the Bills)
- @ Oakland Raiders - Win (Chiefs can beat the Raiders)
- @ Denver Broncos - Win (Chiefs can beat the Broncos… lol@the McDaniel’s era)
- Arizona Cardinals - Win (Arizona loss of key players esp. K. Warner makes it a weaker team)
- @ Seattle Seahawks - Win (I'm not a big fan of Pete Carroll as an NFL coach)
- Denver Broncos - Win (lol some more@the McDaniel’s era)
- @ San Diego Chargers - Loss (Beating SD a 2nd time, on the road and given that SD is a good late season team is unlikely)
- @ St. Louis Rams - Win (Chiefs can MURDER the Rams)
- Tennessee Titans - Win (Chiefs can beat the Titans)
- Oakland Raiders - Win (Chiefs can beat the Raiders)

Toughest wins will be against the Titans/Seahawks/Cardinals and it's tough to beat each of its division rivals twice.
So, let's subtract 3 games from the win column to account for this.

So, the Chiefs are looking at 10-6 for the year.
10/1/10 6:10 PM
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Denver has its problems no doubt, but to be one of the top offenses in the game this year, after going 8-8 last year (when everyone said we would be hard pressed to win 5 games) is not terrible.
10/1/10 6:30 PM
Doomsday

Edited: 10/01/10 6:34 PM
303 - I am not putting words into your mouth. I am simply asking, because you are so supremely smart about the game if you think that with Cassels current numbers, again a 54% completion percentage and 75% QB Rating the Chiefs will be able to beat the likes of Indy, NYJ, Balt, etc?

Again, not taking away from their 3-0 start, but they have beat 3 teams that collectively have won ONE game. Do not get ahead of yourself.

I do not feel I know the game because of anything other than the fact I played it my entire life. You may know a lot of "stupid" football players, but if they have played their whole life I am guessing they actually probably know a lot about the game.

First, I do think we match up pretty well against teams like Indy and Balt. We nearly beat Baltimore last year, we are much better now. Indy is just a bad match up for us. We do everything that Indy doesn't do well against. I will say though, that even then Indy is always capable of winning. Payton is probably the best of our time. We will match up well against them, though, even with a young secondary. One thing is for sure. Some excellent football will be played, with maybe a bit of ugly. :P I can't say for sure we will, but I can't say we won't, either.

Not sure about NYJ, I know they are stocked with talent. Other than that, i'm not really familiar.

Herm Edwards knows a lot about the game. As a coach he showed very little in the way of winning with that knowledge.

Todd Haley, on the other hand, never did play, but he knows how to execute the most advanced of strategums and win.

Do we have enough talent, is the only question. We have the coaching and the preperation. We also have Chiefs Will. You will soon learn exactly what that means.
10/1/10 6:34 PM
Doomsday

10/1/10 6:43 PM
Doomsday

Let me tell you about our wins against the almost winless.

SD - We shut down Phillip Rivers.

Cle - We shut down their special teams.

SF - We shut down their running game.

We executed our rushing offense against all three and won.

Thats what we do. Whatever your good at, we stop it. And we will run it on you. We will win the field position battle as well.

That may not be enough to win it all, it may not beat SD again, or Indy. But make no mistake. This team will be tough for anyone to beat.
10/1/10 8:00 PM
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If by shut Phillip Rivers down you mean letting him go 22/39 with 298 yards and 2 TDs and no picks you are correct. Not exactly shutting him down.
10/2/10 12:26 PM
Doomsday

Edited: 10/02/10 12:27 PM
And what did that 22/39 amount to? A loss.

Fact is, he was frustrated and even kicked the ball. He was not able to do what he wanted. Thats getting shut down.

Rack up all the yards you want. I count wins.
10/3/10 5:20 PM
Doomsday

Hey, 303, Denver played pretty well today. Orton is really proving himself. Our matchup might be special. I hope you guys stay healthy. I look for it to be competitive.
10/4/10 10:23 AM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 10/04/10 1:46 PM
KC is still undefeated after week 4 in the NFL!

The only unbeaten team left!

10/4/10 1:46 PM
SiftMyMind

"While it's way too early to anoint them as bona fide playoff contenders, the Chiefs are definitely on the rise, courtesy of GM Scott Pioli and their New England Patriots pedigree."

- Pro Football Weekly

10/4/10 2:24 PM

The amount of yards Rivers specifically got was not my point. Yes winning is the only stat that matters. Look at what the Titans did to the Giants. The Giants had 200 more yards than the Titans but the Titans won.

My point was that KC beat 2 terrible teams, but the one decent team they beat they did not by any means run away with the game, and you cannot seriously think that getting 198 total yards in a game will beat very many teams. Cassel throwing for 68 yards will not beat very many teams. Did it get you past the Chargers? Yes. Is that type of effort good enough week in and week out to win games? Probably not.

Denver looked alright against the Titans. Our defense was again nothing short of amazing hold CJ2K to 58 yards. We are not going to win many games if we do not figure out our running game though. Very, VERY concerning for Denver fans.
10/4/10 2:28 PM
SiftMyMind

It's funny to me that Denver got Laurence Maroney.
McDaniels seems to WANT TO fail.
10/4/10 2:45 PM
Doomsday

303, you know as well as I do that those passing yards are garbage yards. Payton threw for 350 yesterday in a loss. Warren Moon used to put up crazy numbers in losses. Romeo has a long history of letting teams rack up passing yards. How many times has one of his defenses beaten Payton? MANY.

Also, I agree, what is up with your running game? Payton Hillis would help, any idea why he was traded?
10/8/10 2:58 PM
SiftMyMind

Re. Chiefs vs. Colts

The reason they actually play the games on Sunday is that any team can win on any given Sunday (yes, upsets do happen).

It's going to be very tough for the Chiefs to pull this one off though.
10/8/10 3:07 PM
Doomsday

If it was easy, anyone could do it. That wouldn't be much fun. Go Chiefs!
10/10/10 11:22 AM
TheRealJoker
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/10/10 11:23 AM
I hope the Chiefs knock the Colts down below .500
10/10/10 2:57 PM
Doomsday

We've got Payton frustrated, but we have to score to win this.
10/10/10 3:00 PM
Doomsday

Interception!
10/10/10 3:01 PM
Doomsday

Damn, D-Bowe dropped a TD! Argh.
10/10/10 3:11 PM
Doomsday

Payton cries and they throw a flag for him. DJ called for not even touching the WR.

We will overcome!
10/10/10 3:45 PM
Doomsday

If you can't block a Chief, just hold 'em. The refs never see it.
10/10/10 4:58 PM
deus ex machina

Cassel will keep the Chiefs at a .500 level.
10/10/10 8:49 PM
TheRealJoker
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doomsday - Payton cries and they throw a flag for him. DJ called for not even touching the WR.

We will overcome!

The stars get the calls and Peyton is the biggest star in the NFL. I've grown used to seeing BS calls every Colts game.
10/11/10 12:52 AM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 10/11/10 12:53 AM

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.