UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Teddy Riner whining....justified????

9/14/10 1:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
seek
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi judo aficionados!!!

Teddy Riner was on French tv complaining about the judges being unfair to him during his lost open-weight final, he claims that many shidos were left uncalled, etc.....

I am not yet familiar enough with the judo judging system. Were his complaints justified????? Thank you!!!
9/14/10 5:00 PM
seek

anyone saw the final?
9/14/10 6:42 PM
seek

thanks allcloser.........what happens when there is a draw?
golden score isn't it?
9/14/10 8:22 PM
Chocolate Shatner
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seek, it was during golden score that Riner was thrown. If it is a tie at the end of golden score, it goes to a 3 judge decision.

As for Riner whining, STFU. Honestly, if he would have been happy with a win not from throwing, but from the other guy getting a penalty, he loses a lot of respect from me. Settle it on the mat, with your actions, not depending on a judges opinion.
9/14/10 9:40 PM
seek

he claimed that he did all the necessary attacks whereas the other guy was stalling and that the ref and judges were saying nada. According to him, they did not even need to go to the golden score.

He also said that he will train harder for the next competition (Paris I think)and promiss to attack even more, the guy is pissed to have missed his 5th gold medal.....he is only 21 though!

Mahalo brothers!
9/14/10 11:43 PM
CyborgRoyce
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kamikawa had about three good attacks. Riner had more attempts but I remember only one of them was remotely threatening. When I watched the fight I remember thinking that Riner lost, only just though. Was a close fight.

In a gold medal match, the last thing you want to do is win by penalty. Riner's actions show a lack of honour. One of the Japanese players won a medal match when his opponent was too injured to show. He looked so upset that he won it by default without having to fight.

The way he acted on the podium was pretty pathetic.
9/15/10 12:21 AM
judo man

Judge for youself,

http://www.tatamitontonkimono.over-blog.com/article-riner-x-tachiyama-championnats-du-monde-open-2010-tokyo-judo-video-56993480.html
9/15/10 1:43 AM
seek

Right on!!!

Mahalo!!!!
9/15/10 6:14 AM
judoblackbelt
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched the entire fight live and he has a valid point. But the refs in general were not calling the shidos in the finals as quickly in the prelims from the many matches I watched. In the golden score Kamikawa had the "advantage" with his 3 hugh saesae attempts that brought Riner down to his knees. In regulation Riner had the advantage with his gripping and attacks that a shido could of been given to Kamikawa. Riner did not have good throw attempts in the Golden Score period.
9/15/10 7:42 PM
JSho
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.tatamitontonkimono.over-blog.com/article-riner-x-tachiyama-championnats-du-monde-open-2010-tokyo-judo-video-56993480.html
9/15/10 8:39 PM
Chocolate Shatner
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In watching the video again, I wasn't impressed with Kawikama's judo, but my main complaint is one that I have said numerous times since the leg grab rule change. Namely, every time Riner would get the deep over the shoulder grip, Kawikama's main defense was to face flop as soon as Riner made any sort of contact with his leg. Riner doesn't follow to the ground, and the match gets stopped and stood back up.

However, that isn't a penalty under current judo rules, as much as I dislike the tactic.

Riner is whining, and acting very immature if he holds that sort of opinion.
9/15/10 10:45 PM
judo man

"Never leave the fight to the hands of the judges" Dana White.

Riner attitude was a sad display of bad sportsmanship especially at the medal ceremony.
9/17/10 6:44 PM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he just lost the world championships... he expects gold and trains for it... he was upset and dissappointed... him crying on the medal stand shows that he is human, and still rather young.. it is perfectly okay.
9/20/10 8:46 PM
johntucker100

i think he should have won...not really sure of the rules any more but it looked like it shouldn't have went to golden score.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.