UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> All aboard the Cody McKenzie bandwagon!

10/21/10 12:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nubinatub
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The way he does it, is he positions his arm on both sides of their neck, cutting off the circulation on both sides, thus having a better grip on their head and choking them out faster.

GENIUS!
10/21/10 12:53 AM
sadic1
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hilarious and awesome. I didn't think he could finish is with just hooking the leg while in side control. I love how GSP is mentoring these guys as well.
10/21/10 1:03 AM
Peckerwood

Cody is awesome. I love he talks shit to Koscheck.
10/21/10 5:07 AM
Bravo1
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sick on the couch alone when I saw him win, it was so fucking awesome I jumped up and was clapping

fucking best win on any TUF!
10/21/10 6:22 AM
IronMonkey
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cody fan right here! Anyone care to explain step by step his special guillotine? Hard to picture what is meant by arms on both side of the neck. Koscheck got tooled!
10/21/10 7:13 AM
Pariah

IronMonkey - Cody fan right here! Anyone care to explain step by step his special guillotine? Hard to picture what is meant by arms on both side of the neck. Koscheck got tooled!

Imagine a normal guillotine, there is pressure on one side of the neck and the trachea. What Cody does is push his hand (on the choking arm) against the other side of the neck as well, closing both carotids and instantly blood-choking his opponent.
It's tricky to pull off without funny-shaped arms/hands.

Someone posted a vid on the BJJ subforum, i'll go have a look for it.
10/21/10 7:23 AM
Pariah

Had to go back 7 pages, but found it eventually. Got to get myself a blue name!

Talking of which, could someone embed this for me :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J_pbJjGVS4
10/21/10 7:40 AM
Jack Carter
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems much harder to defend as well. Those hands are high up the neck!
10/21/10 10:21 AM
sparkyman
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Me, my wife and my daughter all stood and cheered :)
10/21/10 10:33 AM
honeyman
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6 Cody fought Marc Stevens not the guy you are thinking of Phone Post
10/21/10 10:42 AM
Einar
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cody just put a brand new set of 22's on this bandwagon!!! Spinners, baby!!!
10/21/10 10:47 AM
Einar
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw someone on another thread call Codys guilliotine "The Deadliest Catch" and just thought that was awesome, considering Codys "day job" as an alaskan crab fisherman.

I dont think there are many named finishers in MMA, but this one deserves to stick.
10/21/10 10:49 AM
gingerjitsu

If do right, no can defense.
10/21/10 10:57 AM
JohnnyM
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have it on DVR. Wish I would have stayed up to watch it now! lol No gifs yet?
10/21/10 11:00 AM
TrevorRice
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cody Mckenzie has surpassed Pequneo Nogeuira with submissions via Guillotine. Of course he hasn't beat the level of oppenants that Nogueira has but he is on his way.
Cody "guillotine man" Mckenzie.!!!!
10/21/10 11:06 AM
hugomma
862 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pariah - Had to go back 7 pages, but found it eventually. Got to get myself a blue name!

Talking of which, could someone embed this for me :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J_pbJjGVS4

Thanks Pariah.
10/21/10 11:08 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
818 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for alaskan thunderfuck
10/21/10 11:16 AM
ausgepicht

SikRick -  DJLastCall,  Lyle Beerbohm is Codys coach.  He trained at SikJitsu forever and yes we are still open.  I can say that we have had some freaks come thru SikJitsu and dont know why we werent mentioned as a normal MMA gym.  We literally fight all the time.  Im not sure why he said that.  But one thing I can say is he has the best guillotine in the world.  He has subbed many blackbelts with it.  And anyone thats ever walked into SikJitsu has been guillotined by him.  He has such an add body and shoulders that there is no way to train for it.   He can catch you in it while you have him in side mount!!.  Anybody who said a wrestler will rough him up is wrong.  He is a wrestlers worse nightmare.  The McKenzotine is literally one of kind so its very difficult to defend.  All you have to do is go look on Sherdog. 
BLAM!!!

I love that he gives Kos shit right back. I would love nothing better than for those two to be arguing and Kos starts goofing around with him and gets caught in a guillotine.

10/21/10 11:20 AM
MontyG
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GILLATEEEN
10/21/10 11:26 AM
SBJJSean
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitly on this wagon, Cody seems like a cool guy thats there to win. Last night was probably the best TUF episode to date.
10/21/10 11:48 AM
FP101

I had a smile from ear to ear after he put that kid to sleep last night. I love rooting for the underdog!

It amazes me that he catches EVERYONE with that guillotine. WTF?!

Also like that he doesn't take shit from Kos (who may be the worst shit talker in the world).
10/21/10 11:55 AM
DVDragon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The best part is in the locker room where every one is quite for what seems like 5 minutes and Nam just says "Wow". Funniest thing I can remember on TUF.
10/21/10 12:16 PM
MrSmiff
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for gifs
10/21/10 12:21 PM
Vivier

"Wow."
-Nam Phan
10/21/10 12:23 PM
IronMonkey
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pariah - 
IronMonkey - Cody fan right here! Anyone care to explain step by step his special guillotine? Hard to picture what is meant by arms on both side of the neck. Koscheck got tooled!

Imagine a normal guillotine, there is pressure on one side of the neck and the trachea. What Cody does is push his hand (on the choking arm) against the other side of the neck as well, closing both carotids and instantly blood-choking his opponent.
It's tricky to pull off without funny-shaped arms/hands.

Someone posted a vid on the BJJ subforum, i'll go have a look for it.

Thanks Pariah. Very nice variation.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.