UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Vitor not expecting title shot with Okami win

9/17/10 9:34 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Belfort was targeted to challenge Anderson Silva for the middleweight title on three separate dates earlier this year, but still is not certain a win over Yushin Okami at UFC 122 will lead to an immediate shot versus the champ.

"You know what I'm expecting? I'm expect Jesus, bro, every day. I'm expecting Jesus to come into my life and choose my path. Whatever out there is good for me," Belfort told Ariel Helwani Thursday on The MMA Hour. "For sure, I want the title but the decision doesn't belong to me. I've been there. I won the title when I was 19 years old. I won in a different division in 2004. I've accomplished so many things in my career.I don't let titles and positions and fame overcome my life and take over me."

"In life you always have two choices to make. You either live bitter, angry or you live in a happy life, you enjoy it. So I try to always see a positive on that. So whatever is what's the best. I'm not disappointed. I have to take it.

"I just have to learn how to take things in my life because so many things happen in my life that wasn't the way that was supposed to be. But I just learn a lesson. You just have to see things in a different perspective."

"We work for the UFC and whatever is the best for them. For sure I would like to fight in the U.S. but it's a joy to go outside of the country and fight in front of fans. They hardly get to see the fights live."

"I'm fighting for joy. For me to perform well, I need to be happy. "I need to enjoy working with the people that I'm working with. And that's what I'm concerned after this fight. I want to be happy to go back again in the gym, to train, to learn and to perform well for the fans, the UFC and everybody around the world watching. That's what I'm concerned and that's what I'm worried about. The title is just a consequence."

Reade entire article...

9/17/10 9:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Herring In A Fur Coat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
No title shot.  Only Jesus. Every day, bro.
9/17/10 10:13 AM
iceman420

lol what a psycho
9/17/10 10:20 AM
Grakman

Seems like he has a good perspective on life. Good for him.

9/17/10 10:21 AM
Kirik
1783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
Grakman - 

+1.

Given the loss of his sister, I think his attitude is a beacon.
9/17/10 10:25 AM
KimuraCrunch

Vitor sounding as nutty as ever lol, but I'm expecting Jesus actually will give him a title shot should he beat Okami.
9/17/10 10:45 AM
Haulport

Kirik - 
Grakman - 

+1.

Given the loss of his sister, I think his attitude is a beacon.
For sure!

Don't let your hatred of religion blind you to the strength of this man to handle such awful, awful hardships....

9/17/10 11:18 AM
GaGas Soldier

KimuraCrunch - Vitor sounding as nutty as ever lol, but I'm expecting Jesus actually will give him a title shot should he beat Okami.

lol agreed. That said i doubt he gets past Okami
9/17/10 11:28 AM
ABE FROMAN

What time is he expecting Jesus? I'd like to hang out too.
9/17/10 12:02 PM
The Know it all

I think Vitor should take this one easily enough, Jesus is weak in the crucifix position.
9/17/10 12:20 PM
sparkuri

The Know it all - I think Vitor should take this one easily enough, Jesus is weak in the crucifix position.

Although mildly witty, that was in poor taste. Especially considering how many fighters and fans believe Jesus is the reason for the seasons.
9/17/10 12:27 PM
john76
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he sounds like a happy, centered dude

good for him
9/17/10 12:33 PM
EveryDayNormalGuy
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From my experience at the 118 fan expo Vitor doesn't care about fans. Lost a couple
9/17/10 12:33 PM
ArtWanderlei

he has Rickson syndrome.  Trying to sound all deep and whatnot but just sounding dumb.
9/17/10 12:42 PM
B0NESAW
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EveryDayNormalGuy - From my experience at the 118 fan expo Vitor doesn't care about fans. Lost a couple

What did he do to give you that impression. I didn't meet Vitor at the expo but heard a few people say he would only sign/take pictures with fans if they bought something from his booth first. Not sure if that was true or not
9/17/10 12:59 PM
EveryDayNormalGuy
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bonesaw- We only made it to Saturday, my buddy and I just got pics with Bas so we were pumped. It was the end of the day and we were planning on leaving, walking by the rvca booth we saw Vitor eating a sandwich or a burrito (the whole day my boy wanted to get his pic and auto), no one was around we approached the booth and were stopped by his rvca goons "no more autos or pics." I replied "I got a fucking rvca shirt on and we flew from Seattle." they just turned us away. I know He saw us and how pumped we were and just looked the other way. Go eat your sandwich somewhere else if you don't want people to approach you at a *FAN* expo.
9/17/10 1:02 PM
The Know it all

sparkuri - 
The Know it all - I think Vitor should take this one easily enough, Jesus is weak in the crucifix position.

Although mildly witty, that was in poor taste. Especially considering how many fighters and fans believe Jesus is the reason for the seasons.

Excuse my ignorance, I shouldn't have said that. I'v been turned off Jesus by listening to Joe Rogan podcasts. Roganism is the future though.
9/17/10 4:16 PM
Deaf Forever

None of that will matter since Okami will grind him for 15 minutes.
9/17/10 4:25 PM
kungfugrip

has he fought at 185 in the ufc yet? Fought franklin at 195(?). WHen was his last ufc fight? Seems like forever ago
9/17/10 5:16 PM
Mark Hunter
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN -  What time is he expecting Jesus? I'd like to hang out too.

I laughed.
9/17/10 5:23 PM
GaGas Soldier

sparkuri - 

cork it cracker

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.