UnderGround Forums

Anaconda No-Gi UnderGround >> Huber Guard

9/20/10 9:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shlever
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What happens to the Anaconda forum when Eddie Bravo gets sick of answering all these posts?
9/22/10 2:24 AM
EddieBravo
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, www.thetwister.tv
I'll never get sick :)
9/23/10 2:58 AM
asscobra
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This should be the Eddie Bravo forum.

BTW Eddie... what do you think of Shawn Williams guard?

Was it inspirational when you were developing your system?

9/24/10 2:33 AM
EddieBravo
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

asscobra -  This should be the Eddie Bravo forum.

BTW Eddie... what do you think of Shawn Williams guard?

Was it inspirational when you were developing your system?

All I know from Shawn Williams guard is a position called London, which I ended up deleting from the 10th planet system, it never made it into any of my books. I learned London from JJ Machado who learned it from someone related to Barra Gracie. Once we figured out that you could cart wheel over the arm trapped under the high leg right to a guard pass i dropped it .

9/27/10 8:41 AM
big fatso
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EddieBravo -  Once we figured out that you could cart wheel over the arm trapped under the high leg right to a guard pass i dropped it .

More detail please.
9/27/10 9:19 AM
Matt Hurpees
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big fatso - 

More detail please.

this should help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaVklKMW3aw
9/27/10 9:34 AM
big fatso
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Hurpees - 

this should help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaVklKMW3aw

Holy Shit!! A local black belt has been catching me with homoplatas and triangles recently from this position.

Thanks, Matt Hurpees... And thank you, Eddie!
10/1/10 4:01 PM
MasterDebater
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddie,

I saw the vid you put up about it. I think you might have gave up on the position too early.

i just continue to roll away from the guy(with his arm still trapped) onto my stomach. I roll right underneath him until I can get to my knees and one hand.

sometimes he doesn't get swept and I just take his back(he ends up in the bottom of the turtle). it kind of ends up like a duck under from wrestling.

I am a fairly big dude and used to call this the Magnum cause it was like the rubber guard for the bigger man.
10/3/10 2:49 PM
EddieBravo

Edited: 10/03/10 2:49 PM

10/6/10 11:11 AM
Shemhazai
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't you transition to X-guard or go out the back door when he steps over?
10/6/10 4:15 PM
elgringo
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Obviously Shawn has many counters to that kind of jump over the London/SW guard. He has BJJ like counters and some wrestling answers from that position too. In some instances he actually wants you to jump over the leg like that.

Eddie you really should get together with Shawn Williams some time and just shoot the shit about moves and theory. I bet he will show you some stuff with that London position that will make you rethink it, and I bet you will show him things that he can use too.

You guys have been within a few miles of each other for the past 6 years, it's crazy you haven't worked together.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.