UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Questions on tattoo conventions

9/20/10 11:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
j-money
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/20/10 11:58 PM

How does the whole process work? Do you contact the main shop and make the appointment for the convention that way? What about discussing price? How does that work? The reason I ask about pricing is because I want a general idea of what I'm going to pay if I'm getting inked by a big name artist.
9/23/10 1:50 PM
j-money
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
9/23/10 3:42 PM
T-Ham
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The way I understand it is big name artist typically have clients already lined up and they are there mostly for the purpose of booking future clients and or marketing their work.

Usually its best to get work done at their shop I think.

Hopefully someone else has some more/better answers than me on this dead ass forum.

9/23/10 11:36 PM
j-money

The guy(s) I was wanting to get work done from are from a different part of the country. I was hoping to try and book an appointment for the convention in advance. Probably isn't going to work out though.
9/25/10 5:32 AM
trainedkilla
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You have a chance of booking in advance with a reputable artist if you are getting a pretty cool piece.

They want to do something that puts them in the competition for awards.

They usually work at the same rates as they do in their shops.
10/11/10 4:10 AM
Cage Religion
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

trainedkilla - You have a chance of booking in advance with a reputable artist if you are getting a pretty cool piece.

Yep, that's always the way it has seemed to me. I get work done at the Detroit convention every year, which is a big expo, and that's how it usually goes. 

11/7/10 8:06 AM
DeathPanda
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

trainedkilla - You have a chance of booking in advance with a reputable artist if you are getting a pretty cool piece.

+1
2/4/11 6:51 PM
leftlcoastinit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My first tattoo, iwent to a convention and i just walked up. the price was alittle high but i had the money so i didnt care.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.