UnderGround Forums

Anaconda No-Gi UnderGround >> 10th Planet Percentages?

9/23/10 7:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AlabamaSmooth
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To Eddie and the guys that train at 10th planet. What submissions/sweeps are you hitting with the highest percentage from guard? 

Just curious
9/24/10 9:21 AM
Louis Ho
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal, Head Instructor
 For me personally, my half guard with lockdown has become almost unstoppable.  I'm sweeping almost everyone with it.  I'm also using a lot of what we call "Homie Control", which is essentially a head and arm control from guard.  From there, I'm getting sweeps and submissions.  Very hard to stop when I get that control.
9/24/10 7:25 PM
EddieBravo
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, www.thetwister.tv
 electric chair is golden money for me, the 5/0, the boa, and regular ol' oma platas  :)
10/3/10 2:53 AM
nogblublt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Triangles and oma platas from mission control.... My half guard game is more Nogueira style but the lockdown to whip up comes in handy when fighting for the underhook. If I can't get it I'll immediately go for deep half sweeps. Phone Post
10/4/10 12:35 PM
joshjitsu

I need to go back to my lockdown sweeps, they always worked very well for me I just hated having to dodge the darce choke so i started working deep half and more 1 butterfly hook stuff. Phone Post
10/4/10 1:06 PM
Louis Ho

Joshjitsu, you can actually use their Darce attempt to set up your sweep.  I believe the move is called the "Mechanic".  Anybody else want to chime in?
10/4/10 10:51 PM
joshjitsu

Got a link to a video, I'd like to check it out Phone Post
10/4/10 10:51 PM
joshjitsu

? Phone Post
10/5/10 11:39 AM
Louis Ho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7gQDnAYM3c

It's basically this move.  When he tries to Darce you, just control that arm/wrist and you can sweep him over.  As long as you can control the arm and have a good lockdown, his Darce should be nullified because you threaten him with a sweep.
10/10/10 2:02 PM
Kyle Cooley
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From the bottom: Failed JJ butterfly sweep to pyramid to triangle or omo plata. I hit that consistently.
10/10/10 8:37 PM
Louis Ho

Yeah, butterfly to pyramid is definitely high percentage.  A big part of my game, as well.
10/10/10 8:37 PM
Louis Ho

Edited: 10/10/10 8:39 PM
 However, I find that I am using more and more half guard and less butterfly guard, which used to be my bread and butter.   The 2 go together hand in hand.  Add x-guard, deep half, and footlocks and now you have serious game.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.