UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Need a cheap crash pad for practice

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/23/10 9:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AZ-Grappler
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello,

I am looking for a cheap crash pad for my BJJ/Judo classes.

Any ideas? I had no idea they were so expensive.

Val
9/23/10 11:32 PM
JoshuaResnick
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

call norman miller. he owns judo inc... his crash pads are very reasonable.

(800) 558-5522
9/24/10 1:11 AM
the rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shoot, I literally just threw one in a dumpster. I had two donated and I only needed one and couldn't find anyone who wanted the other one. Course I'm in KC so not sure how I wouldh ave gotten it to you.
9/24/10 3:26 PM
Punk Dobbs

Rooster, you blaspheme. One can never have too many crash pads.
9/24/10 10:51 PM
Empire
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the rooster - shoot, I literally just threw one in a dumpster.

the fuck?!
9/25/10 8:33 PM
judoblackbelt
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.hatashitasports.com has "landing" Zebra mats. $340 for 96" x 60" x 6". Folds in half for storage. We have 2 in our dojo. Not sure of any price comparisons.
9/26/10 12:16 AM
Empire
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judoblackbelt..

are these landing mats used for throwing people onto them?

do they work to that purpose?

i was flipping out at first then realized you used inches (") instead of feet ('). lol at 96 by 60 feet.
9/26/10 11:02 AM
Empire

http://www.budovideos.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=24798&utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&source=base
9/26/10 9:00 PM
judoblackbelt
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Empire- yes they are used for throwing partners on for practice without injury/avoid the harder tatami mat. That is the only purpose I have seen them used for in our dojo. Many learning judokas do not know how to throw properly, that is "turn" uke so he/she can breakfall properly. Biggest mistake except for poor technique is tori fails to pull up on the sleeve at the end of the throw, this rotates uke. Or if it is a collar grip throw, like seionage, pull up on the collar as tori complete the throw. And yes I have been thrown and missed the crash mat all together.
9/27/10 12:31 AM
HoldYerGround
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WTF?! Why would you throw a crash mat away?
9/27/10 11:21 PM
the rooster

sorry guys. I have my basement matted out. I got two throwing mats that had been sitting in my friends warehouse closet for a while. I bleached one and it fit well but I had absolutely no room for the other one.

I moved it under my covered porch and started asking around to see if anyone wanted it. No takers. I facebooked it, no takers. Meanwhile, my wife is giving me crap for having this huge black mat sitting outside on our deck.

So I had to move it by the shed. It got rained on. I gave up. no one wanted it and I didn't think anyone outside of driving distance would want it.

I packed it up in a pick up truck and tossed it in a commercial garbage dump.

Sorry guys for the blasphemy. It was the mat or my wife.
9/27/10 11:41 PM
Empire

you chose wrong ;)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.