UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> Pet Insurance?

9/24/10 6:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
invalid
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone take any out for their animals?

I just got two kittens. One had to be put down within a week due to a virus (parvo) that wasn't caught in his screening.

Had the shelter not have had the policy of the free vet visists within the first 10 days my bill for 5 days in an animal hospital then being put down would have been crazy.

I eventually got a second cat from them on the house as well, but my other healthy cat has gone to the vet twice already (last round of boosters/ringworm and an URI, which totaled $160 between the two.)

Starting to think about this lol
10/8/10 12:57 PM
BigEyedFish
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

have it for both of my dogs. I pay 35 a month and it saved me 1200 bucks the first year alone when my Boston Terrier was a pup.
10/11/10 10:27 AM
1 2 3 ACE
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have it for the cat and the dog. Never had a problem with the dog. The cat on the other hand needed to have a leg amputated, and I dread to think how much that would have cost without insurance. Like so many other things, you just never know.
10/24/10 3:48 PM
Quadzilla7
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got for my 6 yr old Yorkie. $360 per year and I think its worth every penny
11/9/10 4:12 PM
ArtWanderlei

Does that cover persrciptions and vet visits?
11/9/10 4:26 PM
BigEyedFish
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mine does Art
11/9/10 4:30 PM
ArtWanderlei

Wow! It costs like $500 a year just for office visits and perscriptions.
Plus I just spent $600 to get his ears stitched.

Can you forward me some info?  
11/9/10 4:40 PM
BigEyedFish

Art, mines with a CDN company since thats where I live, but SecuriCan is the underwriter, so Im not sure but you may be able to find a plan that is underwritten by them in the US. Not sure how it works there, but here there are only 2 or 3 companies that underwrite pet insurance for all the companies in the country that sell it.
11/9/10 7:30 PM
ArtWanderlei

I am going to look into that for sure. 

Not only does it save money, what if something major happens?
11/9/10 7:57 PM
ArtWanderlei

I've spent $1,100 in 2010 alone. 
11/10/10 6:30 PM
ArtWanderlei

WOW!  Gonna call my vet and axe her
11/12/10 12:38 PM
Eric Collins
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/12/10 12:43 PM
Be careful, the large majority of pet insurance is a scam, just like the large majority of people insurance :)  If you don't watch your dog and its likely to get smashed by a car, sure, go for it.  Beyond that, you really need to rip your providers ass for information if you are considering paying for it and are a responsible pet owner.  

If a problem is even remotely linked to breeding and genetics, it's a preexisting condition and you simply are not covered. If you adopted the dog, it will always be a preexisting condition, as any google search will substantiate.  

Most people agree putting half of what you pay for insurance into a pet savings fund is a million times more reasonable and useful.  

As a frame of reference, i still owe 2k for a dog thats been dead 3 months.  She was indeed covered, and i paid even more than that 2k into her insurance.
11/12/10 1:01 PM
BigEyedFish

Thats why pet insurance is really best used when you get a puppy - register for insurance before any ailments show up because pre existing conditions are never covered.
11/13/10 12:37 PM
BigEyedFish

just got back from the vet. My corso has a little growth on her bunshole. Its not a big deal but sometimes it scabs up and I dont want it to get infected. Gonna be $700 to take it off. All covered by my insurance :)
10/17/11 5:30 PM
BigEyedFish

lol you stupid fag.  That wasnt the first image you put up.  Guess we know who owns this troll account now.  

What a loser you are.  This is like the 4th account on here for you?  And you spent money on it.  You should really kill yourself because you have nothing to offer, nothing going for you.  Just sit at home and pay for troll accounts on MMA.TV.  What a sad person you are.  
10/25/11 2:50 PM
quality

I don't have pet insurance because really I think most insurance is a scam, but what I do have is http://carecredit.com . Basically it's a credit card that you can use on pets or your family but only for doctor or veterinary visits. I haven't used it on my dog yet (I usually just pay cash), but I did use it for myself and it's 0% interest for 18 months for a lot of procedures so it's like a deferred payment. Plus there aren't any fees or anything, you just need good enough credit to qualify for the card.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.