UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> No bonus for Mir, 5 others earn $70k

9/26/10 1:41 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1069 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Sean Sherk, Evan Dunham, Matt Mitrione, Joey Beltran and C.B. Dollaway each earned $70,000 fight-night bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC 119 event.

Dollaway picked up the "Submission of the Night" bonus, and two "Fight of the Night" awards were issued to the competitors involved in the Sherk-Dunham and Mitrione-Beltran contests.

Despite securing the lone knockout of the evening, former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir was not awarded a "Knockout of the Night" bonus.

MMAjunkie.com learned of the award winners and bonus amounts while at the post-UFC 119 press conference.

read entire article...

9/26/10 1:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
letsgobois
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuuuck, think of the taxes on that biatch.
9/26/10 1:44 AM
bismanfightclub

Frank Mir, you die and go to hell! - Dana White

He's not wrong though.
9/26/10 1:45 AM
MDubz

What the fuck kind of bullshit is that? Mir had the K.O., he deserves the 70 grand regardless of how boring the fight was up until then.
9/26/10 1:46 AM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

lol i bet mir is pissed.
9/26/10 1:46 AM
Chris
350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Partner
 I bet Mir is pissed as well. DFW must have really been upset with the fight.
9/26/10 1:48 AM
brahmabull81
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MDubz - What the fuck kind of bullshit is that? Mir had the K.O., he deserves the 70 grand regardless of how boring the fight was up until then.

its a bonus, hes not entitled to it. he got paid his purse.

How bout they take away his fight money since he didnt fight, and give him the KO bonus instead? thats fair.
9/26/10 1:49 AM
DevinS
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

glad to see Lytle and Serra didn't get a bonus for that stupid fight
9/26/10 1:50 AM
Tomato Can
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm shocked that FOTN wasn't given to Serra/Lytle.
9/26/10 1:52 AM
bismanfightclub

This proves that cro-cop wasn't KO'd but merely fell asleep!
9/26/10 1:55 AM
BJJkilla
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lytle not winning a bonus is surprising.
9/26/10 1:55 AM
AceAtGSU
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the McCorkle sub was better than Dolloways.... hmmm one man's opinion. Glad to see Dunham got a bonus though.
9/26/10 2:00 AM
MDubz

brahmabull81 - 
MDubz - What the fuck kind of bullshit is that? Mir had the K.O., he deserves the 70 grand regardless of how boring the fight was up until then.

How bout they take away his fight money since he didnt fight, and give him the KO bonus instead? thats fair.

Well if Mir is still under the same contract he was at UFC 100 (which I think he still is with a couple more fights left), then he'd gladly take that since he only gets paid $45,000.
9/26/10 2:07 AM
The Destroyer88

DevinS - glad to see Lytle and Serra didn't get a bonus for that stupid fight

Ummmmmmm, really? They gave it to Mitrione/Beltran, who had little to no technique and less action than Lytle/Serra. Hell, they even announced that Lytle/Serra was the BSN fight of the night on the ppv. You would think that would translate over to the awards. Instead they gave it to rock em sock em robots and Sherk vs. Dunham which in my opinion was a one sided fight for Dunham but the judges thought differently.
9/26/10 2:09 AM
brahmabull81
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MDubz - 
brahmabull81 - 

Well if Mir is still under the same contract he was at UFC 100 (which I think he still is with a couple more fights left), then he'd gladly take that since he only gets paid $45,000.

Big Sexy put on way more of a show as well as some of the other losing/winning fighters, they should get that money. not the guy whos main event will be spoken of as one of the worst of all time.
9/26/10 2:10 AM
jbapk

"Instead they gave it to rock em sock em robots"

Did you watch Serra versus Lytle?
9/26/10 2:14 AM
DevinS
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Destroyer88 - 
DevinS - glad to see Lytle and Serra didn't get a bonus for that stupid fight

Ummmmmmm, really? They gave it to Mitrione/Beltran, who had little to no technique and less action than Lytle/Serra. Hell, they even announced that Lytle/Serra was the BSN fight of the night on the ppv. You would think that would translate over to the awards. Instead they gave it to rock em sock em robots and Sherk vs. Dunham which in my opinion was a one sided fight for Dunham but the judges thought differently.

don't really care who it went to. I'm tired of watching Chris Lytle fight like this all the time so he can try to get that bonus. its gotten old.
9/26/10 2:14 AM
The Destroyer88

jbapk - "Instead they gave it to rock em sock em robots"

Are you really calling a former professional boxer and a guy who KOed GSP rock em sock em robots?
9/26/10 2:18 AM
letsgobois

It wasn't the BSN fight of the night award, it was the BSN turning point of the night award, whatever that means.
9/26/10 2:18 AM
jbapk

The Destroyer88 - 
jbapk - "Instead they gave it to rock em sock em robots"

Are you really calling a former professional boxer and a guy who KOed GSP rock em sock em robots?

So you either didn't watch the fight or understand what you were watching?
9/26/10 2:19 AM
Momentum
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Frank should have received the bonus. The bonus is paid for the knockout, not the fight. My guess is that he will get the bonus. Dana was probably just pissed off (and rightfully so) for a lackluster main event. At least Frank tried to push the pace. Crocop did nothing the entire fight. He just seems to be a very different fighter than he was in Pride.
9/26/10 2:21 AM
letsgobois

Cro-cop will be cut/will retire, Hunt will be cut
9/26/10 2:23 AM
brahmabull81

I dont get it though, a bonus is not part of the contract, its enticement through positive reinforcement. I dont think he should HAVE to get it if he performed that badly. should go to paying back people who want refunds instead, since we pay Danas way through life and are thus more important.

Think of it as... Frank got docked about as much $ as he woulda if yellow cards were in play.
9/26/10 2:25 AM
letsgobois

I don't see why Frank should be getting docked anything, Crocop was the stale dancing partner. What did he do at all in this fight other than fall asleep at the end?
9/26/10 2:31 AM
brahmabull81

letsgobois - I don't see why Frank should be getting docked anything, Crocop was the stale dancing partner. What did he do at all in this fight other than fall asleep at the end?

No ones saying Crop Cop deserves shit, bud.

Frank held him up against the cage when he could have actually done something for large portions of the fight, so it was largely his fault. He would only engage with his stupid ONE combo he throws and would then clinch up and rush to the cage. Every time. He is to blame just as much if not more than Cro Cop.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.