UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Daniel N. 10 dollar poker experiment question

9/26/10 4:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LegendNmyHd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What ever happen to this, I cant seem to find any results?

For those who dont know,

Daniel N was taking 10 dollars and trying to make it 10k and only slowly moving up starting at micro limits..

Did he make it or did he give up?
9/26/10 4:57 PM
andre
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I remember him giving up because it was costing him too much in time.
9/28/10 1:28 AM
VectorWega

He quit and later began playing high stakes NLHE on pokerstars (with huge waiting lines of online pros that thought he was a fish).  Last I saw on that he was up online and he felt he could learn a lot faster by playing the higher stakes.

Realistically, he doesn't have the time or energy to grind high stakes much less grind up from low stakes.  It was stupid that he thought he ever could.  Big props to Jesus though.
10/1/10 2:37 PM
alley
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huge lines of people waiting to play him since he's a fish? WTF?
10/18/10 6:56 AM
David@accu

Daniel has good reading abilities but I wouldn't mind playing him in a cash game. It's not that I think i could beat him heads up or anything but I think I could at least do some damage at a 6 person table. He is the type of pro I will ALWAYS want to play. He is a cold calculating person. Meaning he always expects the hand you SHOULD have. I play much different. I will raise when it doesn't call for it. I will call when I know I shouldn't. I do things that Daniel seems to have problems with in cash games.

Now someone like Gus Hanson would absolutely destroy me and I would do best to stay away from a person like him. That is 100% his game and he would dismantle me at it. He has been doing it longer and at higher stakes.
10/28/10 4:29 PM
Fugazi

Edited: 10/28/10 4:29 PM

10/28/10 11:15 PM
VectorWega

Fugazi thank you for the quality post.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.