UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> World Cup returns to Miami July 2-3, 2011

9/26/10 10:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OCJudoTrngCtr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orange County Judo Training Center, OCJudo.com Team

The IJF's 2011 Calendar is available at their website  www.ijf.org  The Miami World Cup returns on July 2nd and 3rd.

The schedule is much friendlier than in 2010.  There is more than 7 weeks difference between Miami World Cup and the World Championships.  The other World Cup events in July are held in Venezuela and El Salvador.

9/27/10 6:02 AM
judoblackbelt
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will plan to be there but I hope the venue changes near the beach. Did not enjoy the Doral at all. Registration, food, cabs were not up to par (pPun). Between 2 major highways and not within walking distances to eateries/grocery stores. Wonder if the Turks will come, minor trafic acident and one missed his 1st match and the other lost 1st match, not into it.
9/27/10 9:04 AM
OCJudoTrngCtr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/27/10 7:25 PM
Orange County Judo Training Center, OCJudo.com Team
 The Turkish competitors live in the USA, and train/teach at OCJTC.  The one who competed, actually began  judo at our club.  Rustu Yildirim was the competitor who missed his match.  I believe he would have done well if he had competed. He was on their national team when he lived in Turkey.

9/28/10 10:43 AM
judoblackbelt
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks OC, did not know they they train/teach at OCJYC. I met them at the airport when our planes arrived. They were wearing their Turky National Judo jackets. Haven't seen them at our Nationals competing in Open Div.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.