UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Reconciliation Services- Kansas City

9/27/10 2:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ridgeback
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is a recent podcast interview about a church in KC that works with the poor and attempts to heal the racial divides of that city.  I thought Zealot might find this interesting since he is from around KC.  

On a side note, I have been to Worlds of Fun about 10 times, KC Royals games twice, and a U2 concert at Chief's stadium.  KC was our vacation spot as kids (yep, we were pretty poor).

http://ancientfaith.com/podcasts/illuminedheart/orth
9/27/10 2:44 AM
Ridgeback
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/27/10 2:44 AM
 Website for Reconciliation Services located on Troost Avenue.

http://www.rs3101.org/

9/27/10 4:57 PM
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ill have a look at it. There are all kinds of wierd ministries here. there is the IHOP franchise.. They own a shitload of assets. 
9/27/10 8:02 PM
Ridgeback

zealot66 -  Ill have a look at it. There are all kinds of wierd ministries here. there is the IHOP franchise.. They own a shitload of assets. 
This is just an Orthodox church that works with the poor and has a multiracial make up.  They seem pretty normal.

9/27/10 9:49 PM
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

found out there is a GO church near me. I doubt I will go bit it is of interest.
9/27/10 11:12 PM
the rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what's wrong with IHOP zealot? man! You talk about my dogmatic theology but you have a hate rash for every denomination that doesn't fit your mold.

I have never gone to the IHOP, but my brother has, a good friend of mine who was a hellion who became a Christian has. They just go there and pray.

Weird?
9/28/10 12:27 AM
Ridgeback

I see nothing wrong with the International House of Pancakes.  
9/28/10 4:48 PM
zealot66

Oh get your panties out of a bind rooster. IHOP just seems like a cult to me and their empire is coorporate in nature. They even have their own real estate company. Just odd to me. 

As I stated before I chastise christianity like I chastise a silly family member. I hold them to a higher standard than people I dont know.
9/29/10 12:04 AM
the rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zealot: Oh get your panties out of a bind rooster. IHOP just seems like a cult to me and their empire is coorporate in nature. They even have their own real estate company. Just odd to me.

me:?? oh, so they seem like a cult to you so I guess there ya go. You kind of have your cult goggles on a lot don't you ;-)

Oh and they own some real estate?!!? Heretics!

Pssst...the catholic church has a lot of real estate...

z: As I stated before I chastise christianity like I chastise a silly family member. I hold them to a higher standard than people I dont know.

me: actually, you seem to get a rash over all things "evangelical" or more "conservative" Christian. It's weird. I mean, I have doctrinal differences and sometimes get into deep disagreements but you seem to have a personal animus for all things "conservative" Christian...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.