UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I will come back even stronger from WEC let down

9/28/10 3:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/28/10 3:50 AM

One of the biggest disappointments of my life was the phone call i received last Thursday, from the WEC, informing me there was a problem with my eye-sight for my Colorado WEC fight this thursday night, and my fight was in jepardy. My contact prescription is too strong and colorado is a state which does not allow a fighter with such a strong prescription, to fight with contacts in. How the hell could this be, i thought? I trained so damn hard for this fight, and was in excellent condition. My resting heart rate was low 50's. I've faught mma, the last 11 years with my contacts in. I see 20/20 with my contacts. Yes, without my contacts i don't see too well at all. And this is where the problem with colorado came in. I guess they figure if the contacts came off in the fight, it was too dangerous for me? What the hell? We are fighters. I honestly was ready to fight this guy blind. I have never wanted anything so bad in my life to fight the chinese protegy Zhang. I can honestly say that. He represents MMA in china, and is a very respected fighter. I was truly excited, and couldn't wait to fight, and redeem myself from my UFC debut. I'm night and day from the fighter back then! Anyway, if you want to read the articles, regarding my fight, and the eye sight issue, they are on many of the major websites. I am scheduled for PRK (similar to lasix surgery) consultation, to get surgery to once and for all correct my vision. I never want this to happen again. This is how serious i am. I've got another 4 solid great years left! Thanks for anyone who supports me. And haters...hopefully, i win you as a fan. I'm one of the good guys in this sport, and i give respect to most everyone. Sincerely, Jason Reinhardt
9/28/10 3:55 AM
SpennyBenny
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
9/28/10 3:59 AM
Waterbottle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sucks
9/28/10 4:03 AM
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The best thing that came out of this training camp,(although the biggest fight of my career was cancelled) was the fact i got to train full time with my brother Justin (also a pro mma fighter) and spend so much time together. We bonded a bond that will never be broken. We experienced the MMA highs together, and the extreme MMA lows. Thats for sure. It's an experience that will never be forgotten. We put together an outstanding camp, and will do the same next time! Jason Reinhardt
Jason Reinhardt

waterbottle, tell me about it!
Jason Reinhardt

Edited: 09/28/10 4:03 AM
ttt
9/28/10 4:04 AM
joe k
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was looking forward to this fight. Hope to see you back soon, Jason! Thanks for the update.
9/28/10 4:06 AM
Jason Reinhardt

joe k, right on bro! and you will see a lot of me!
9/28/10 4:32 AM
letsgobois

Wow, that's quite a record you have going for yourself. Good luck with the surgery(if you partake) and looking forward to seeing you in the cage!

No pun intended
9/28/10 4:34 AM
Crooklyn
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck=Reality
Good luck man.Hope it all works out for you.
9/28/10 4:44 AM
ManOfThePeepHole
1231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good Luck Rhino.

Good to have you back here posting.

MOTPH
9/28/10 4:51 AM
sockeye
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GOOD LUCK, considering lasik myself....keep us updated im curious to see if you get it if you could share your experience
9/28/10 7:25 AM
Archer0545

ttt
9/28/10 7:30 AM
crazydave
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Jason!
9/28/10 8:18 AM
Jamie_B
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That news really does suck. Life is a bitch sometimes, will look forward to your next fight Jason. Phone Post
9/28/10 8:27 AM
Kirik
1364 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 I trust the surgery goes great, and come back better than ever man.
9/28/10 8:27 AM
Kirik
1364 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 I trust the surgery goes great, and come back better than ever man.
9/28/10 8:56 AM
Jason Franklin
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sucks big time. Best of luck in the future.
9/28/10 9:01 AM
Rollaway

Hey Jason. I had PRK done a couple years ago and am really happy with it. If you're interested, I blogged through the recovery (it takes a while).

http://www.bognet.org/?tag=prk

I found reading about other's experiences helpful. I read alot here too:
http://www.lasermyeye.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Good luck!
9/28/10 9:59 AM
MNFAN

Dude that really sucks. Had you ever has any commissions question it before? Is it just a Colorado thing? It's really unfortunate you found out so late.

Keep your head up and make whoever is next pay for the wait.
9/28/10 10:02 AM
Sagiv Lapkin
1692 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sucks my friend. After the PRK you'll be in there like swimwear. Good luck.
9/28/10 10:10 AM
crowbar
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MNFAN - Dude that really sucks. Had you ever has any commissions question it before? Is it just a Colorado thing? It's really unfortunate you found out so late.

Keep your head up and make whoever is next pay for the wait.

Nevada does not allow contacts.
9/28/10 10:22 AM
Brandon McGaha

any states that don't allow you to fight because of PRK?
9/28/10 10:24 AM
the geek
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best of luck Jason. When I heard you were not allowed to fight due to an eye issue I thought "oh shit, not another detached retina like Belcher". Thankfully your issue is very correctable and you can quickly cone back strong. Eye conditions scare the crap out of me. 9 years ago I had a detached retina and came extremely close to permanently losing sight in one eye. Looking forward to your next fight bud. Phone Post
9/28/10 10:27 AM
Sagiv Lapkin
1692 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brandon McGaha -  any states that don't allow you to fight because of PRK?

Lasik, yes. With PRK he can do whatever he wants.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.