UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> iPhone App request...

9/28/10 12:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/27/10 11:39 AM
Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Partner

Hey Guys:

So I just wanted to reach out to our members that  have purchased the MMA Underground app for their iPhone.

We realize we made a mistake in allowing only blue members to post from the app, and we promptly fixed it.

Now all registered members of our site can read and post from the app, and we have plans to continue adding features down the line.

What's killing us is bad ratings and bad reviews in the app store. I'm not asking you to give us a 5-star rating, but if you did give us a bad, but appropriate review, before we added posting for all members, that you please remove the review, and give us an honest rating.

Also, if you haven't rated the application, please open your iTunes and rate it. Reviews would also be welcome.

Cheers,
Chris

Update: You guys have killed it for us. We now have a 4.5 star rating in the iTunes Store. I just wish those 5 people that posted 1-star ratings because they couldn't post would fix it. It's just driving me crazy :)

9/28/10 12:02 PM
RedCell65
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So no extra powers for blue members.

that is bogus
9/28/10 12:03 PM
garythekid
870 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will do, brother.... Phone Post
9/28/10 12:04 PM
sockeye
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

consider it done
9/28/10 12:04 PM
sockeye
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jkennedy - coughDON'T BLOCK TAPOUTcough

blame Steve Jobs not Chris
9/28/10 12:05 PM
charms434
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gimmie a blue name. Kidding. I gave u 5*. It's the only app I use. Phone Post
9/28/10 12:12 PM
wildhog
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lets get the Android App up and running! No restrictions on the TapouT Forum there.
9/28/10 12:13 PM
SlightlyStoopid
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Changed my previous rating. Thanks for the updates Phone Post
9/28/10 12:14 PM
Chris
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wildhog -  Lets get the Android App up and running! No restrictions on the TapouT Forum there.
We are in the process of updating the Android App to include posting :)

9/28/10 12:14 PM
Chris

jkennedy - coughDON'T BLOCK TAPOUTcough
try this. go to Tapout Forum in your browser and add some of your favorite threads to your subscriptions, which will then be accessible via the app :)

9/28/10 12:16 PM
The Blizz
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5* rating coming atcha. Phone Post
9/28/10 12:17 PM
Bukkake
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will you be able to start threads from the app, or still only post?
9/28/10 12:17 PM
clattymine
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the tapout reach around ... Err ... Work around. Phone Post
9/28/10 12:19 PM
Chris

Bukkake -  Will you be able to start threads from the app, or still only post?
not in the current version, but we are looking at that function for the next version, which could be up to 6 months away. we need to upgrade Android version with posting first.

9/28/10 12:27 PM
Bukkake
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris - 
Bukkake -  Will you be able to start threads from the app, or still only post?
not in the current version, but we are looking at that function for the next version, which could be up to 6 months away. we need to upgrade Android version with posting first.

Gotcha.  Thanks, Chris.

9/28/10 12:27 PM
Skids182
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surprised the app has been getting bad reviews, even before the update. It's great. Not sure how much more people can expect. I will write a review for sure. Phone Post
9/28/10 12:31 PM
DarthChoke
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/5 star rating is a real good rating..... Whats the problem?? I gave 5* BTW Phone Post
9/28/10 12:33 PM
Chris

DarthChoke -  4/5 star rating is a real good rating..... Whats the problem?? I gave 5* BTW Phone Post
Our overall wasn't bad, but we just hate seeing the  1-star ratings and with reviews people are bashing us for not having posting for everyone and we've since fixed that.

9/28/10 12:36 PM
Morgz
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I gave a 5 from the start and never changed it. 

Is there anything us positive raters can do in addition?
9/28/10 12:37 PM
Archangel
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris - 
wildhog -  Lets get the Android App up and running! No restrictions on the TapouT Forum there.
We are in the process of updating the Android App to include posting :)

thats great news!
9/28/10 12:40 PM
Bigjon29
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do I change my review?I initially gave you a shit rating cos of the only blue posting fiasco but appreciate that you manned up and admitted your mistake and changed it.I'm very happy with app at moment and am willing to change my rating so nerds how do I do it.thanks Phone Post
9/28/10 12:40 PM
Chris

Morgz -  I gave a 5 from the start and never changed it. 

you can write a positive review, which helps too :)

9/28/10 12:41 PM
Chris

Bigjon29 -  How do I change my review?I initially gave you a shit rating cos of the only blue posting fiasco but appreciate that you manned up and admitted your mistake and changed it.I'm very happy with app at moment and am willing to change my rating so nerds how do I do it.thanks Phone Post
Search for the app in iTunes and just change your rating. I believe you can also search the Itunes Store on your phone for the app and change your rating.

9/28/10 12:48 PM
Morgz
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris - 
Morgz -  I gave a 5 from the start and never changed it. 

you can write a positive review, which helps too :)

I'll give it whirl.  I wrote one on the first version -- mine is the 3rd review listed on "all versions".  If itunes will allow me to write another on the new version I will.

9/28/10 12:53 PM
WatchinMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just wrote my first review on the app store for you fartknocks Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.