UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Is expired protein okay?

9/30/10 5:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rox19
581 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm looking at this site www.supplementwarehouse.com/ and it has a lot of REALLY cheap protein and stuff, but some of it is expired.  Is it still good, or should we avoid it?
10/15/10 6:43 PM
JohnnyBrabo
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, Roxy, can't believe nobody answered this in 15 days!!

I'm no scientist or doctor buuuuut...........

I don't think the protein would go bad or anything. Unless it got all solid or something. Seriously doubt it would hurt you in any way. Other expired supps I might stay away from, but protein powder?
10/23/10 11:59 AM
matt1466
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

protein is still good even after it expires. I work for a vitamin store and both me and my boss have taken it an have had no bag effects from it.
12/12/10 11:13 PM
owlfeeder
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im not sure if Rox is worried about bag effects. (i think shes a girl, tee hee)
1/7/11 8:55 PM
Mocrates

Don't buy expired protein from an online warehouse seller.

You don't know how old it is, I am assuming, and you don't know what conditions it is stored under.

If you are really strapped for cash, go to a franchise run GNC, and ask them if they have any just expired, or expiring this month protein.

You are likely to pick that up for half price and avoid wasting your money on food poisoning.
2/17/11 2:18 AM
Takedown
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ditto on what Mocrates said. Stores like GNC or Vitamin Shoppe will put out very recently expired or about to expire protein supplements. Regardless, I'd still use an abundance of caution when doing so.

Years back, I bought a container of VPX protein, recently expired. I used a majority of it, then little by little, as I purchased other supplements, it got shoved to the back of my cupboard. About 2 months later, cleaning out the cupboard, I pulled the VPX container out and opened it up. I shit thee not, some sort of moth flew out of the container. Although the product was well past its expiration, that little incident had me wondering what exactly VPX was putting in its supplements, not to mention the fact that I'd consumed the same expired product that gave birth to whatever moth-like insect flew out of the container.
2/17/11 11:24 AM
WidespreadPanic

I'd suggest the following...

If you're buying expired protein powder, try to get it from a reputable company, make sure the seals are intact, and the stuff is not wet or moldy and smells OK.

No-name brand with open seal, avoid. HTH

2/24/11 9:27 PM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roxy, try TFSUPPLEMENTS.COM The site you just listed has deals, but hits ya hard for shipping (like 30 bucks). Look into it.
3/7/11 10:24 PM
Yer_Momma
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Bodybuilding.com any good anymore? used to get some cheap deals there. There's a perpetual 10 percent coupon as well.
4/6/11 4:46 PM
billygamble
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i woudlnt for sure. I used some really old stuff one time and each time I used it my joints would hurt. It took a while to figure out what was causing it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.