UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Noons on Nick: "He is going to get knocked out"

9/30/10 3:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
threestars35
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/30/10 4:00 PM

http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/2010/09/kj-noons-on-nick-diaz-he-is-going-to-get-knocked-out

How will Nick be different in this fight, compared to the last?

Noons: “He is going to want to take me down; wear me down; try to submit me. He’s going to ground and pound and try to get me tired. My game play is I run up the middle, like a football player, so try to stop me. He is not going to come out with some crazy stuff. People pretty much stay with their styles. I am just going to run my play, try to stop it.”

What do you think is going to be the biggest difference between fight No. 1 and fight No. 2?

Noons: “He is going to get knocked out. I just train all around as best as I can. When the fight happens I come with a game plan, and I am going to become victorious.”
9/30/10 4:06 PM
GaGas Soldier

nick is going to fuck his shit up 420 style
9/30/10 4:14 PM
newbloodmma
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a feeling Diaz is going to beat Noons down pretty badly in this fight. Hopefully Mayhem will be there to antagonize Diaz post fight.
9/30/10 4:18 PM
Camel Killer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can see Nick punishing KJ very badly.   Im also guessing that there will be no submission here either.   Noons will be beaten badly.
9/30/10 4:19 PM
Sudo21
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First round will be competitive.
First half of second round, maybe competitive.
Second half of second round... Diaz will take over with high volume of punches, and break Noons down.
9/30/10 4:42 PM
mexican jujitsu
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/30/10 4:42 PM
209 MOTHERFUCKA

9/30/10 4:45 PM
EASY CHEESY

Noons has his number. Which is a shame, because I wanted Nick to beat Mayhem down, but that's less likely to happen now that KJ is going to ruin Nick's chin.
9/30/10 4:48 PM
liquidrob
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I could see this fight going both ways

Diaz just got cut again against Zaromskis and that was a short fight, KJ will get his shots in, it might be another cut stoppage win for KJ

It will come down to KJ's cardio and TD defense, if he starts gassing in the 3rd Nick will get him, Nick went for a bunch of TD's in there first fight, got KJ down once and he escaped and finally again at the end of the round
9/30/10 4:48 PM
Squared Circle
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Noons by fistic superiority.
9/30/10 4:53 PM
fightsfan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NOONS has done surprisingly well n MMA. HIs takedwon defense which is the key for him has improved every fight.

Of course they have matched him against opponents that he has fared well against and matched up well.

SHOWTIME has been showing Noons and Diaz fight highlights leading up the rematch.
9/30/10 4:54 PM
MmmWhiskey
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EASY CHEESY - Noons has his number. Which is a shame, because I wanted Nick to beat Mayhem down, but that's less likely to happen now that KJ is going to ruin Nick's chin.

LOL@ that gameplan and having Nicks number.
9/30/10 4:56 PM
Camel Killer

Diaz and head and shoulders above where he was in their first fight.   Diaz will outclass Noons.
9/30/10 5:00 PM
EASY CHEESY

MmmWhiskey -
EASY CHEESY - Noons has his number. Which is a shame, because I wanted Nick to beat Mayhem down, but that's less likely to happen now that KJ is going to ruin Nick's chin.

LOL@ that gameplan and having Nicks number.

What's wrong with his gameplan?
9/30/10 5:02 PM
LayzieTheSavage
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

(209), Editor/Videographer
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOqxWX8aBXo
9/30/10 6:13 PM
threestars35

Squared Circle -  Noons by fistic superiority.

agree, Noons is way better boxer than Nick, he's been doing boxing whole his life and competed in several boxing and kickboxing competitions... While injured he dominated Dida on standup
9/30/10 6:37 PM
Devlin
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why wouldnt nick just take him down and sub him? i didnt understand that the first time, he was beat on the feet first time, why bother standing with someone you can submit, its mma
9/30/10 6:37 PM
Devlin
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why wouldnt nick just take him down and sub him? i didnt understand that the first time, he was beat on the feet first time, why bother standing with someone you can submit, its mma
9/30/10 6:48 PM
Camel Killer

Why is everyone talking loke Noons is a high level boxer.   His standup isn't even on a level to win him a golden gloves championship much less good enough to box pro.   He has heavy hands and thats it.  
9/30/10 6:53 PM
orcus

Devlin - why wouldnt nick just take him down and sub him? i didnt understand that the first time, he was beat on the feet first time, why bother standing with someone you can submit, its mma

He tried many times to take Noons down and failed, and when he did get him down, K.J. got right back up.

Anyway, Zaromskis, Smith, Shamrock, Lawler; all were supposed to KO Nick standing, and he wrecked all of them.
9/30/10 6:57 PM
chesty_1775

Camel Killer -  Why is everyone talking loke Noons is a high level boxer.   His standup isn't even on a level to win him a golden gloves championship much less good enough to box pro.   He has heavy hands and thats it.  

um,it was good enough to make Nick look like a girl in fight 1.

9/30/10 7:04 PM
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think this forum would explode if Noons won.
9/30/10 7:15 PM
piratepirate
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightsfan - NOONS has done surprisingly well n MMA. HIs takedwon defense which is the key for him has improved every fight.

Of course they have matched him against opponents that he has fared well against and matched up well.

SHOWTIME has been showing Noons and Diaz fight highlights leading up the rematch.

That is pretty unfair.
Noons just beat Gurgel,  who could have / should have taken him down and subbed him.
Heun is another BJJ black belt, Diaz a GJJ black belt with slick subs, Edwards, very well versed on the ground (and probably a BJJ black belt), etc...

HIs recent fights are pretty much a list of guys who should be horrible match ups for him.

10/1/10 11:09 AM
liquidrob
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

piratepirate - 
fightsfan - NOONS has done surprisingly well n MMA. HIs takedwon defense which is the key for him has improved every fight.

Of course they have matched him against opponents that he has fared well against <b>and matched up well.</b>

That is pretty unfair.
Noons just beat Gurgel,  who could have / should have taken him down and subbed him.
Heun is another BJJ black belt, Diaz a GJJ black belt with slick subs, Edwards, very well versed on the ground (and probably a BJJ black belt), etc...

HIs recent fights are pretty much a list of guys who should be horrible match ups for him.

How was Jorge going to take KJ down? KJ has really good TD defense, Huen is a much better wrestler than Jorge and took KJ down once out of like 15 tries or something like that
10/1/10 12:01 PM
headroll
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I say Nick knocks him out in the second round! Phone Post
10/1/10 12:13 PM
KingOfFighters

Nick going to clip that glass jaw of noons

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.