UnderGround Forums

Florida Underground >> **Need 6' or taller SOUTHPAW Spar Partner 4 Miami*

9/30/10 8:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Marcos Avellan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello everybody, I'm looking for sparring partners for Mike Bernhard.  He is fighting on Oct 28 on the Bellator main card.  I need people who are at LEAST 6 feet tall and southpaw with some striking ability (no pure bjj guys).  His opponent is 6'2".

Mike's fight is at 185lbs.  I don't mind heavyweights but can't be over 230.

I'm willing to offer free stay in your own 1 bedroom condo and $50 a week - plus free training at our 24 hour facility.  The sparring nights are Tuesday and Thursday night at 8:30PM.  You can train for free the rest of the week.  I'm looking for two 5 min rounds of sparring per guy per session.  We are going to have more focus on stand-up (striking and wrestling) rather than BJJ - so if somebody is only a BJJ guy, he would be last for consideration :)

The above offer is assuming you are Florida based and have your own car - otherwise, if you don't have a car, you can stay in Mike's home.

We are looking to start ASAP and stop on October 21 - any time that you can work in that time frame is good (you don't have to stay the entire 3 weeks).

If you are looking for a training trip in Miami and an opportunity to train hard, please send in an email to info@FFAgyms.com with your name and phone and I'll give you a call.

And to everybody else, please bump this up with a TTT!  Tall left handed fighters are not that easy to find.
10/1/10 11:27 PM
HOSEGOOD
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
10/4/10 12:17 AM
FXG

Ttt Phone Post
10/4/10 11:14 PM
F2Hodge

Hey Marcos, I'm 6'1" and a pretty good striker and wrestler from F2 in Gainesville and would love to spar with Mike. I am not southpaw, but might be able to give him some good work anyway and maybe try my south stance a little. Leaving my new school location may be hard however and if you think Mike would travel, he is welcome here whenever. Ever think about calling Tom Lawlor up?
10/5/10 11:50 AM
Tom Lawlor
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am currently in New England Ryan, and with only 2 more weeks of training I didn't want to drive back down and change things up at this point.

I would urge YOU, as a friend and training partner, to take up Marcos on this offer if he would accept you fighting as a southpaw....

You will undoubtedly learn a lot from Marcos, and Mike is tough as nails.......it may not seem like the best idea in the SHORT RUN to leave F2 for a few days, but it'll help in the long run FOR SURE.
10/6/10 9:51 PM
Marcos Avellan

F2Hodge, thanks for offering but I'm looking for true southpaws.  We got a ton of guys that fight conventional, but apparently we don't have anybody that is above six feet that is southpaw that can give good sparring for Mike.

Right now, we got two sparring partners, so we are pretty much good.  I would take a look at another person, just to give Mike another look in sparring, so if anybody else is interested, hit me up.

Tom, you rock, thanks a lot for the kind words and I'm looking forward to seeing you kick ass in your upcoming fight!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.