UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> 25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods

10/6/10 11:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
copfriend
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rouge Mod - 
DSaint - Just taking a wild guess here: It's relevant to the discussion at hand because it involves the racial make up of those neighborhoods?
Race wasn't part of the discussion until people brought it in with this particular statement. The statement isn't relevant because it deals with the element of race, it CREATES the racial element. 

and there wasn't a discussion until someone posted the thread.   Not sure what you're getting at here. 
10/6/10 11:42 AM
ranier wolfcastle
930 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.project.org/images/graphs/Inprisonment_Rates.jpg
10/6/10 11:45 AM
Pilot201
1880 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm number 6 on the list and it just so happens last night a guy tried to take my wallet. Fucking dumbest bastard on the planet, I caught him red handed.
10/6/10 12:33 PM
Rouge Mod
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andrewilbe - FRAT mf'er

What does it explain about the subject of the thread? That some of us are willing to state the obvious. The obvious that so many (like yourself) ARE NOT willing to state/accept.
I have stated it and accepted it. WTF are you talking about? And there are essentially infinite obvious statements to make- yet this particular one was chosen independently several times by different posters- why?
How does it add to the discussion? it doesn't. It really changes the subject. But it changes it to a more interesting subject, imo.
That's pretty much exactly what I am saying. People made that statement to change the subject, but aren't willing to explain why they brought up the new subject except to say "it's a fact". And until now, they haven't been willing to say it adds nothing relevant to the previous discussion.
Why bring up the correlation between a race and crime? Basically, because it's the most outstanding FACT about these neighborhoods. It's the first thing that comes to mind.
Well, I think that's a statement about your perspective.
What does it explain about the situation? Nothing, just an observation.
Like "the sky is blue". Gotcha. Just people making random obvious statements.
And I call bullshit that you think it's "worth talking about". You are not willing to accept the difference in cultures in this county. At least not willing to accept the faults of some cultures. You love to excuse behaviors based on the belief that we should all support each other unconditionally.....and that's fine with me you want to do that. But some of us don't.
You are completely making this up. I am not sure why. I have slammed thug culture plenty of times on the OG. I think it sucks. I think it is destroying people and neighborhoods. I think it is stressing the fiber of our country.

I just don't think it's a matter of race. It's a matter of culture. Yes, there is a correlation with race, but when you are discussing how to deal with it it's not logical or constructive to treat it as a racial (i.e. genetic) problem. It is a cultural problem.
Agian. I have no problem with race, just culture. I was born and raised in Atlanta, the mecca for upper-middle class black buisness people. I have many many friends in that culture. As well as "old friends" in the thug culture of Atlanta. I don't lump all blacks together in the same way people don't lump all whites together. I live in rural Georgia, and I promise you our culture here is WAY different then the liberal cultures to the north. To each his own, but don't act like using the term "black" is racist by nature. It's just a word.
Uh, ok, I won't...?

Where has anyone done that?
10/6/10 12:35 PM
Rouge Mod
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

copfriend - 
Rouge Mod - 
DSaint - Just taking a wild guess here: It's relevant to the discussion at hand because it involves the racial make up of those neighborhoods?
Race wasn't part of the discussion until people brought it in with this particular statement. The statement isn't relevant because it deals with the element of race, it CREATES the racial element. 
and there wasn't a discussion until someone posted the thread.   Not sure what you're getting at here. 
I am not surprised. You seem to be working quite hard to not get it.

You don't understand any significance in bringing a racial element into a discussion that until that point didn't have anything to do with race? Ok then.
10/6/10 1:07 PM
siouxNYC
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i can't believe my hometown of east hampton isn't on that list.
10/6/10 1:12 PM
Kostakio
493 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha

I can't believe Sunnyside wasn't an 'honorable mention', what with all the Latino riots and all! :P
10/6/10 1:17 PM
fanat

Rouge Mod - 
copfriend - 
Rouge Mod - 

You don't understand any significance in bringing a racial element into a discussion that until that point didn't have anything to do with race? Ok then.

Fraser,

are you retarded or something???? "Doesn't have anything to do with race?" None of the 25 neighborhoods are white you know! lol
10/6/10 1:22 PM
copfriend

fanat - 
Rouge Mod - 
copfriend - 
Rouge Mod - 

Fraser,

are you retarded or something???? "Doesn't have anything to do with race?" None of the 25 neighborhoods are white you know! lol
"That doesn't mean we actually have to say it out loud."  --  Fraser

10/6/10 1:30 PM
waxwing slain
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that area of galveston is literally where the majority of weed from mexico first ends up before making its way throughout the rest of the SW
10/6/10 1:31 PM
Kostakio
493 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tiny Japanese cop double legs huge Black man

Hansumboy - Nice to see this black tourist improving the reputation his people have worldwide.

lol @ someone's comment on there. It made me want to post the thread here so Rogue Mod can unleash hell on him. haha
10/6/10 1:37 PM
Rouge Mod

fanat - 
Rouge Mod - 
copfriend - 
Rouge Mod - 

Fraser,

What was the first post on the thread to mention race?
10/6/10 1:39 PM
JimmersonzGlove
504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maaaan..who thought a ghetto thread could be so boring?

These stats are kinda strange...it looks like they used extremely small areas and just based this on crime stats. This would eliminate bigger hoods.
10/6/10 1:41 PM
Kostakio

"Youz on da wrong side of town, homey!"
10/6/10 2:06 PM
Cockblock
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow at no East St. Louis, Baltimore, Detroit, New Orleans, Bronx or Newark being on there.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.