UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ralek Gracie not getting paid by DREAM....

10/4/10 4:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brigham
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apparently, Ralek Gracie was on the MMA hour today saying he hasn't been paid by DREAM either.

So, I was wondering if anyone knows if it's DREAM that is in trouble or is it FEG as a whole meaning, K-1 as well?

If so, could Dynamite be FEG's last event? And if that were the case, where would the K-1 guys go to fight? It's Showtime?
10/4/10 4:16 PM
Dennis Schurg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have no idea, but I really don't like how they aren't paying some of these guys. DREAM is by far my favorite organiztion, but the whole ''miscommunication'' thing dried up 5 fighters ago. Pay these guys, please! I would totally hate to see DREAM die out, that would really ruin MMA for me. People say it's no PRIDE, and I agree, but it is by far the closest thing we have to it! Sengoku is already losing it's stars one by one to DREAM because they can't afford to pay them their purses often for a fight, I'd really hate to see the next death of JMMA due to more corruption! PAY THEM! 
10/4/10 5:19 PM
Chris
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Partner
 jeez, I'm not sure how these org's get away with it. If I'm me, I'm not leaving the event w/o a check in hand.
10/4/10 5:21 PM
Augie Max
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Roundup
Chris -  jeez, I'm not sure how these org's get away with it. If I'm me, I'm not leaving the event w/o a check in hand.

Or a pinky on your hand.
10/4/10 5:21 PM
Brigham
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris -  jeez, I'm not sure how these org's get away with it. If I'm me, I'm not leaving the event w/o a check in hand.

Even that's not enough as, the check would probably bounce.
10/4/10 5:35 PM
TheAlchemist
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All of these unpaid fighters should think of getting negotiative representation in the name of Enson Inoue.
10/4/10 5:55 PM
I_Bang_Dudes
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This shit is ridiculous.
10/4/10 6:27 PM
FingerorMoon
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sucks.
10/4/10 6:29 PM
Jefe de Jefes
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please explain to me how UFC is evil yet Dream gets love?
10/4/10 6:30 PM
MayheM

never had an issue
10/4/10 6:31 PM
Pain4Blood2

Foreigners not getting paid is nothing new in Japan. However, I'm hearing stories of Japanese fighters that are not getting paid. That is BAD news for FEG and DREAM. Many people are predicting this could be the end of DREAM. If Dynamite doesn't have a big show, then it is probably over.
10/4/10 6:32 PM
Jefe de Jefes
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dream Not paying Mayhem = Yankees not paying A-Rod

IMO
10/4/10 6:32 PM
MuayTy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not again some of these guys like bibi should just go over to one of the big organizations where they can actually get payed Phone Post
10/4/10 6:33 PM
mrgoodarmbar
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When exactly aren't you..you?
Yes dear...I shouldn't have slept with her. It was me, but I wasn't me at time!?!?!
10/4/10 6:37 PM
supersaiyan

well the organization is called..."D R E A M " when it boils down to it..

just sayin
10/4/10 6:40 PM
RKing85
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will be shocked if Dream is still around by the end of next year.
10/4/10 8:01 PM
Gnarly219

slamming - 
Jefe de Jefes - Please explain to me how UFC is evil yet Dream gets love?

Because the UFC is viewed as 'the Man' and there are many rebellious fellows on here with pent up anger issues.
This is the first thing I thought of when I read the title. If this was "UFC didn't pay X-fighter" (even if X-fighter is a prelim fighter), this thread would be 19 pages by now with how Dana is a cheap motherfucker and how Zuffa is ruining MMA, the PPV prices are too high, the cards are shitty, and the fighters aren't getting paid enough! 3 fighters go on the record as not getting paid AT ALL, eh, no big deal. 

*waits on inevitable "Zuffa shill" comment

10/4/10 8:04 PM
lifeaftrprison
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am no means a UFC backer on pay. But they do pay and this board would be flames if this happened. I still think UFC doesn't pay enough, but at least they pay. Phone Post
10/4/10 8:06 PM
FingerorMoon
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SolidStryker - 
MayheM -  never had an issue

all of the other fighters purses went towards your awesome ring entrance fund

LOL thats great!

Sacrifices had to be made!
10/4/10 8:07 PM
FingerorMoon

MayheM -  never had an issue

I'm guessing because you want to continue the relationship which they obviously know won't happen if they screw you.

Ralek Gracie was obviously there for a 1 fight deal and a special 'Gracie redemption' bit with Sakuraba. He's not coming back so they decided to fuck him.
10/4/10 8:19 PM
stabmasterarson
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought the Dream promotion just came into a huge influx of money, WTF happened to that.
10/4/10 8:23 PM
caposa
1417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can we start a list of fighters who have had issues with FEG over payments?

so far i got:

Bibiano Fernandes - DREAM FW Champ
Gary Goodridge
Ralek Gracie
Nick Diaz
Joe Benavidez
Jimmy Ambriz
Todd Moore

according to Gracie today, Imani Lee has also not been paid for his fight at DREAM.14

its sad to see, because i really like DREAM, but i have a hard time supporting an organization that stiffs fighters
10/4/10 10:49 PM
Stone Rolled
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't Ralek Gracie/Saku fight happened awhile ago already? This is some repugnant dine and dash shit.
10/4/10 11:09 PM
Mark Dorsey

This is really bad. I hope these guys get their money. I'd like to see some more mainstream sites pick up the pressure on FEG.
10/4/10 11:27 PM
Beeza
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stabmasterarson - I thought the Dream promotion just came into a huge influx of money, WTF happened to that.

I guess if Dream does not pay their fighters, they get a huge influx of money.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.