UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lawlor vows 'epic fight'

10/4/10 11:45 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Posted: 51 minutes ago

HexRei - "I didn’t underestimate Doerksen; I just thought I had an answer for everything that he was going to do."

LOL, I love Tom, but if you think you have an answer for everything a guy is going to do, and it turns out you don't, isn't that the definition of underestimation?

I get what you are saying, but that comment was made in regards to my preparation for the fight.....

I get shit on a lot for having bad cardio, but if anything I OVERTRAIN and it takes a toll on me, not the other way around. I trained hard for Joe, partying aside. Once we got in there and he took what I had to offer, I had a mental lapse and doubt started creeping into my head......

I didn't underestimate Joe's skills, I think I overestimated my ability to deal with them......it might sound like I'm playing semantics but it makes sense to me....kind of

Posted: 46 minutes ago
Ignore | Quote | Edit | Warn Admin | Vote Down | Vote Up | Delete Post

jjj2121 -  Hold on...last fight he was partying 2 weeks out?

Wish I would have known that info in advance, would have unloaded on Doerksen.

This has been a recurring theme in my career until now.......I usually have 1 or 2 nights of partying in the month leading up to the fight.

Before CB I was out a few weeks before, before Simpson I was out on NYE, and before Doerksen I was out 2 weeks before......Kingsbury I didn't party because I was somewhat sick......

My first pro-fight, against former WEC title contender Ariel Gandulla, the cage broke :30 into the fight and it was ruled a NC. I hadn't gone out or touched alcohol in 10 weeks leading up to that fight.....after it was over in 30 seconds with no pay-off, I told myself I would never deprive myself of fun again in case something like that happened again=)

But I've changed my mind

read entire thread...

10/5/10 12:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Partner
 war Lawlor!
10/5/10 12:39 AM
Ecko Unltd
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ecko Unltd, Josh Slovin-sponsor
 Very very good fight. Tom's boxing has looked crisp recently and he always has his wrestling and no gi expirience to fall back on if he needs to

Cote is a solid boxer and I believe a purple belt (maybe brown?) in BJJ

Great matchup

10/5/10 8:25 AM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like this new and improved Tom Lawlor, eye on the prize! Crazy intro or not, The UG will always be flooded with Lawlormaniacs!

Good luck Tom!
10/5/10 9:32 AM
jjj2121
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hold on...last fight he was partying 2 weeks out?

10/5/10 9:35 AM
Crazy Zimmerman
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Tom can do what he does in the first round in every round, he'd be unstoppable.  I BELIEVE!!
10/5/10 9:37 AM
HexRei

"I didn’t underestimate Doerksen; I just thought I had an answer for everything that he was going to do."

LOL, I love Tom, but if you think you have an answer for everything a guy is going to do, and it turns out you don't, isn't that the definition of underestimation?
10/5/10 10:06 AM
Tom Lawlor
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - "I didn’t underestimate Doerksen; I just thought I had an answer for everything that he was going to do."

I get what you are saying, but that comment was made in regards to my preparation for the fight.....

I get shit on a lot for having bad cardio, but if anything I OVERTRAIN and it takes a toll on me, not the other way around. I trained hard for Joe, partying aside. Once we got in there and he took what I had to offer, I had a mental lapse and doubt started creeping into my head......

I didn't underestimate Joe's skills, I think I overestimated my ability to deal with them......it might sound like I'm playing semantics but it makes sense to me....kind of

10/5/10 10:11 AM
Tom Lawlor
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjj2121 -  Hold on...last fight he was partying 2 weeks out?

This has been a recurring theme in my career until now.......I usually have 1 or 2 nights of partying in the month leading up to the fight.

Before CB I was out a few weeks before, before Simpson I was out on NYE, and before Doerksen I was out 2 weeks before......Kingsbury I didn't party because I was somewhat sick......

My first pro-fight, against former WEC title contender Ariel Gandulla, the cage broke :30 into the fight and it was ruled a NC. I hadn't gone out or touched alcohol in 10 weeks leading up to that fight.....after it was over in 30 seconds with no pay-off, I told myself I would never deprive myself of fun again in case something like that happened again=)

But I've changed my mind

10/5/10 10:11 AM
MNFAN

"I trained hard for Joe, partying aside"

Semantics indeed.
10/5/10 10:13 AM
Cockblock
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom, just because you don't do a flashy entrance doesn't mean you can't do a flashy weigh in.  Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
10/5/10 10:55 AM
jjj2121

Tom Lawlor - 
jjj2121 -  Hold on...last fight he was partying 2 weeks out?

But I've changed my mind

I think that is a wise decision, you've been ahead for every second in the UFC where you weren't gassed.  Lawlor with a gas tank is a player at 185.  Good luck.
10/5/10 11:14 AM
Thanks4_SN_BJ
668 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn like both fighters here in this fight! Tom is always entertaining and I hope you put on a war to get some bonus money! Phone Post
10/5/10 11:17 AM
Tom Lawlor

I think you guys are misunderstanding....

there won't be an elaborate entrance because I CAN'T have one, I still would if I could....

it'll be the same ole' Tom Lawlor outside of the cage...
10/5/10 11:21 AM
Maximus77x

I am actually extremely excited for this fight. Even though I like Cote, WAR LAWLOR!
10/5/10 12:27 PM
Archangel

underground time machine shit going on in here
10/5/10 12:33 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lawlor for the win!
10/5/10 12:36 PM
RickStorm
1914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/05/10 12:36 PM
Archangel - underground time machine shit going on in here
lol

Kinda confusing here too... I mean finally Underground news posting shit before it happens instead of a few days later

10/5/10 2:52 PM
mittens
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Lawlor represents everything that is right in this world.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.