UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 8 winner supports axing of TUF 9 winner

10/5/10 11:44 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

TUF 9 winner James Wilks said of the cutting of TUF 8 winner Efrain Escudero that winning the reality show doesn't guarantee job security, and he supports the promotion's decision to ax fighters who under-perform.

"I don't think just because you won 'The Ultimate Fighter' you deserve any breaks," Wilks told MMAjunkie.com Radio. "I think you should still perform just like anyone else has got to."

"If you're not winning your fights or the people don't want to watch you, then it's a business, and the UFC's got to make their decision. So I respect whatever decision they made."

"I've been really looking at my opponent's strengths, and working techniques against those. I'm watching all the footage, breaking it down in slow motion. Obviously, you don't get his whole arsenal of tools with his striking. You don't get to see everything he's got, but at least you get to see what he's done in past fights. We've been breaking it down, just working on those physical aspects and seeing what I need to do to counter those things."

"I've just got to keep a winning record so hopefully I can stay on board with them."

Read entire article...

10/6/10 1:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MuayTy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll laugh when he gets cut after he loses to claude patrick at 120 Phone Post
10/6/10 1:08 AM
Bill Pharoni
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly don't remember James Wilks at all.
10/6/10 1:09 AM
BJJkilla
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wilks is the worst TUF winner ever, easiest road to the finale. matt brown made him look like a scrub.
10/6/10 1:10 AM
NailedtotheSky
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to hear, just means he won't mind when he himself is inevitably cut after never achieving any accomplishments of note in the UFC.
10/6/10 1:15 AM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its the tuf 9 winner supporting the axing of the tuf 8 winning. US vs UK was season 9, and Mir vs Nog was season 8
And no one even remembers Wilks exists...at least people talked about Efrain for awhile, Wilks was immediately forgotten
10/6/10 1:17 AM
Bill Pharoni
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember Ross Pearson, but I had forgotten that there were two winners of TUF that season.
10/6/10 1:30 AM
Vasechkin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Athletically he might not be the best, but he tries really, really hard.

You've got to respect that.
10/6/10 2:19 AM
PatrickFreitas
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bill Pharoni - I honestly don't remember James Wilks at all.
10/6/10 2:47 AM
KingOfFighters

PatrickFreitas - 

10/6/10 2:48 AM
iBJ'd13Men
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pretty sure Efrain being cut, had more to do with missing weight then losing 2 fights. They are trying to be more strict with that, and used him as an example I feel..

I also feel that Wilkes should not be talking much smack...as he is going to be close to being cut, after Claude Patrick works him for three rounds and gets the win at 120
10/6/10 3:09 AM
ICTimer

It's nice to know that he'll be okay with his own dismissal after he tanks at UFC 120.
10/6/10 5:02 AM
Jweinberg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Missing weight- 2x and losing because of it shows a lack of seriousness-Dana had to make an example of Efrain- Phone Post
10/6/10 5:56 PM
The Mouth

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.