UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Value bet a baby flush?

2/13/11 9:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
andre
503 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What an idiot I was on this thread.
2/14/11 7:23 PM
VectorWega
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andre - What an idiot I was on this thread.

Clearly you haven't reviewed your other threads yet.
2/14/11 8:08 PM
andre
503 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't have the heart to do it just yet.
2/15/11 1:08 AM
PR
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where do you think you went wrong here andre?
2/15/11 3:51 AM
andre

PR, I don't have a problem with my preflop call. I knew that hitting a hand would likely mean doubling up. The problem was the turn. I should have shoved it because I was ahead and had a fairly disguised hand, yet I could have easily lost value on the river if another spade came, or if the villain was on a draw that missed.
2/15/11 12:09 PM
andre

How did I do?
2/16/11 3:11 AM
andre

The wait is killing me!!
2/16/11 7:04 AM
PR
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not sure what you are expecting me to say? Whenever I respond to your poker questions I will often say which play is likely correct... but I'm trying to get you to think not in black or white right or wrong terms, but more about HOW to get to the right answer, what factors to consider when trying to determine the right play. Teach a man to fish etc.
2/16/11 1:18 PM
andre

I appreciate it, PR. It has helped me a lot. I thought you were asking for the specific misunderstanding I had in this thread, so I guess I felt it was a right or wrong question.

Conceptually, I see that the lesson here is to build the pot while a) you are ahead and b) before something in the texture of the board convinces the villain that he's beaten.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.