UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira UFC 124

10/6/10 7:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crazy Zimmerman
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, what a match up!  Dayum
10/6/10 7:13 PM
Dennis Schurg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, they are throwing him to the wolves early. I think Jim takes this but Charles has incredible potential, I'm pulling for him.
10/6/10 7:16 PM
letsgobois

Fuck 124 will be the ultimate n00b pwn, too bad they didn't move Cote vs Lawlor to the card as well.
10/6/10 7:20 PM
I'mDownWithBrown
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, huge step up.
10/6/10 7:28 PM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're giving Oliveira the Paulo Thiago treatment? Jesus.

I like both these guys. Think Miller will take this though, too much experience, and he's very well-rounded.

Don't know why they take it so incredibly slow with some guys like Jon Jones, but are giving super-prospect Oliveira a road like this. I think Oliveira should be at least a couple fights away from fighting a guy like Miller.
10/6/10 7:33 PM
Dennis Schurg

I definitely don't think he is getting the Paulo Thiago treatment haha. He got a newcomer in his first fight, Efrain is a great second fight and this fight with Jim will be very rough.

But Paulo got Koscheck, Fitch, Swick and Kampmann for four of his first five UFC fights! 
10/6/10 7:39 PM
fabes
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn. Great matchup. Gotta go with Mini Miller.
10/6/10 8:40 PM
BJJkilla
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

miller is a tough fight but charles muay thai and reach will give miller a lot of problems. also on the ground i give oliveira the advantage.
10/6/10 8:46 PM
CRBMoney14

Too quick of a step up for the 20 year old Oliveira. Would have liked to see them groom him a bit more.

With Miller on a 5 fight win streak a win over Oliveira though nice isnt going to put him much closer to a title shot
10/6/10 8:58 PM
AceAtGSU
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good match-up even if it is early for Oliveira. Going with Miller in this one.
10/6/10 9:00 PM
Kostakio
484 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, man, what a match-up!!
10/6/10 9:03 PM
rmherlihy

Good fight...but I'll take the Miller Bros x2 in Montreal
10/6/10 9:06 PM
Thanks4_SN_BJ
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome matchup and will be an extremely exciting fight! Could go either way imo Phone Post
10/6/10 9:27 PM
LambertCFMMA
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really looking forward to this fight. I'm going with Oliveira. More technical striking and a very active ground game. As much as I like Miller, he did have some trouble with Bocek and Oliveira's ground game is better than Bocek's.
10/6/10 9:53 PM
THE Kevin Chandler
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LambertCFMMA - Really looking forward to this fight. I'm going with Oliveira. More technical striking and a very active ground game. As much as I like Miller, he did have some trouble with Bocek and Oliveira's ground game is better than Bocek's.

This

I don't think they're throwing him to the wolves. I think they see the same monster potential I do. Agreed with a post way above too, Oliveira's reach is gonna give Miller trouble.

GREAT match up...I don't think we've seen the half of Oliveira's game.
10/6/10 9:57 PM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know if Oliveira's ground game is better than Bocek's. Perhaps he has the more dangerous guard, but Bocek had far superior wrestling, and it was the wrestling that was the main source of Miller's problems. Miller was ending up on bottom.

I think Miller has good enough BJJ to avoid getting subbed. And his boxing is very good, with good power as well.

Very interesting fight of technical boxer/wrestler with sub defense vs. technical muay thai/BJJ guy. But I really wish they were giving Oliveira someone easier. This isn't a good fight for Miller either, because Oliveira is dangerous but a win over him doesn't do much for him.

Great matchup, but it just doesn't make sense to me.
10/6/10 11:19 PM
Blackbeltpanda
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should be a great fight but doesnt really make sense for miller. Winning wont get him too much closer to a title fight while losing will put him way out of contention.
10/7/10 12:21 AM
Brian McLaughlin
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy has the better ground of the two.
10/7/10 12:30 AM
Radford¼

Lol, If I was a cynical man I'd say that the reason is because Jon Jones is an American.
10/7/10 12:39 AM
jjj2121

I cannot wait for this, what a great fight.
10/7/10 1:23 AM
Captfireeyes
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight, Miller's a beast but I wouldn't count Oliveira out. Phone Post
10/7/10 1:31 AM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
 Woah good matchup.  But I think Miller will take this.
10/7/10 1:32 AM
BJJkilla
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DaemonDragon - I don't know if Oliveira's ground game is better than Bocek's. Perhaps he has the more dangerous guard, but Bocek had far superior wrestling, and it was the wrestling that was the main source of Miller's problems. Miller was ending up on bottom.

I think Miller has good enough BJJ to avoid getting subbed. And his boxing is very good, with good power as well.

Very interesting fight of technical boxer/wrestler with sub defense vs. technical muay thai/BJJ guy. But I really wish they were giving Oliveira someone easier. This isn't a good fight for Miller either, because Oliveira is dangerous but a win over him doesn't do much for him.

Great matchup, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

charles was able to take down efrain and during scrambles he'll be really dangerous so miller better be ready for that.

agree with the match up not helping miller, the UFC seems to not want to give miller a fight with guys like kenny. this fight seems to be made for charles to break out.
10/7/10 9:51 AM
TheMessenjah

THE Kevin Chandler - 
LambertCFMMA - Really looking forward to this fight. I'm going with Oliveira. More technical striking and a very active ground game. As much as I like Miller, he did have some trouble with Bocek and Oliveira's ground game is better than Bocek's.

That is a pretty silly statement IMO. Just because you saw two quick subs from Oliviera does not make his ground game better that Bocek's. Besides the fact that Bocek got wrobbed in that fight with Jim Miller, his wrestling is obviously better. I would also say his BJJ is better too, but i'm not sure because we've only seen a very small window of Oliviera on the ground.

But Mark's positioning and control are awesome, sets up his subs expertly instead of exploding into them which people probably won't appreciate as much, doesn't look as impressive in terms of flash.
10/7/10 10:52 AM
Crazy Zimmerman
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah a lot more upside winning for Charles than Jimmy. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.