UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Muay Thai in Phoenix

10/8/10 10:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
greenhornet
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am looking for suggestions for training in Muay Thai in Phoenix. I have been doing judo for about 8 years & am looking to learn the striking game. I am 45 yrs old so I don't think I will be competing a lot. I would appreciate any suggestions. Looking for some good instruction. Thanks
10/11/10 4:27 AM
masterbob
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hi come see me at the lions den in scottsdale. lionsdenaz.com i am in thailand at the monent but stop in my guys will take care of you
bob karmel
10/11/10 4:36 PM
greenhornet
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you, Bob. I will look at your club if I decide to do Muay Thai. I am aware of Lion's Den and have visited it once so I know of your facilities, very nice btw. I have heard your name mentioned very highly. To my knowledge you would be one of the top people in Phoenix to go to. Currently, the judo community in Phoenix is shrinking so its been hard to get some good practice in. Thinking about changing arts. Again, thanks for your response.
10/17/10 9:15 PM
onyx2002
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also check out Phoenix Combat Academy. Sunshine is a good teacher and they have good people over there. Kind of a mix of people who compete and people who will probably never compete. I don't currently train there but I used to belong to a gym where she taught. They also have a BJJ black belt, Jay Pages, who is very welcoming. For what it's worth I believe they are still affiliated with Bob and do their shorts testing at the Lion's den.
10/18/10 9:42 AM
greenhornet

onyx,Thank you for your info. That sounds like what I am looking for. Mix of people who compete & who do not. I don't know if I will compete as I am sort of burnt out from competing from judo. However, Lion's Den is much closer to me so I would probably look to going there.
10/25/10 3:07 PM
masterbob

PCA WITH SUNSHINE AND JAY PAGES IS A GREAT PLACE TO TRAIN, COME JAN 3 THERE IS ANOTHER GREAT PLACE OPENING UP CALLED POWER MMA DANNY WILL BE THE MUAY THAI GUY, ALL THREE ARE FAMELY
10/26/10 6:16 PM
onyx2002
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you share anymore info on Power MMA? Do you know where it will be located and what they will offer?
Thanks
10/27/10 12:03 PM
masterbob

not sure of there web site, there in gelbert
10/28/10 6:18 PM
mikehotel
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

where r u located @ in the valley?
10/28/10 6:19 PM
mikehotel
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Power MMA is in a old Ballys in Gilbert

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.