UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> Pan Pacs Referee Recruiting...

10/8/10 11:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
angus friend
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/08/10 11:24 PM

Hello all,

We are recruiting referees again, this time for Pan Pacs to be held November 26-28.

Referees will receive:
- an official ref's tshirt
- a voucher from fightgear.com.au (details not finalised, previously has been a $50 cash voucher or 25% discount)
- referees who are competing will get their entry fees refunded.

Referees will be expected to:
- ref for about 2 hours per day of competition (or equivalent over the course of the weekend)
- be absolutely impartial (this may include refereeing competitors from your own club)
- be very familiar with the ibjjf rules (download them today and get your questions ready! http://www.ibjjf.org/RegrasEnglish2006.pdf )
- if possible, attend the referee's seminar in St Kilda on Thursday November 18, although we understand interstaters are unlikely to be able to make it.

Our refereeing seminar will be held at the Peter de Been St Kilda academy, 179 Barkly Street, and ALL interested people are welcome. This may include people who want to brush up on the rules for their own personal benefit, or people who think they might want to ref down the track, and not necessarily at the upcoming Pan Pacs. No charge, of course.

The good news is that I've already received emails from interstate and around Melbourne from people putting up their hand to ref. Besides the PdB crew, we have expressions of interest from Goioere BJJ, Cherubin Jiu Jitsu, Cia Paulista, Wilson jiu jitsu and a few others. It would be really great to be able to spread the load a little further - anyone from DMMA, Extreme, Roots, GB Sydney, Fight Club? Surely you guys have plenty of experience on hand! Personally, if I had the choice of waiting hours between categories in the stands or reffing, i'd rather be on the mat.

Lastly, we do have a limit on the number of refs who we can take on, but we are expecting to have about 20-25 people on rotation to cover the whole weekend. Priority will be given to the more experienced people in an effort to keep our standards as high as possible. If you are looking to make your refereeing debut and don't have much experience as a competitor, we may put you on as an "apprentice" for the Pan Pacs, with a view to making your debut at one of the state championships next year. Unfortunately we can't reimburse entry fees for apprentices at the Pan Pacs, but we're not going to lock them in to a timetable either. Apprentices might want to shadow a senior ref or just sit close by the mat to observe what goes on.

Please forward the names of any interested people to me at referee@afbjj.com or
angus.friend@gmail.com

I get quite a few emails so I apologise in advance if I don't reply straight away.

Regards to all,
Angus.
AFBJJ Head Ref.
10/9/10 2:24 AM
geraldbb
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in.
10/14/10 2:21 AM
ken amtrack

www.rvib.org.au/
10/16/10 5:25 AM
BenBJJ
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should definatly look outside meblun....
11/21/10 5:02 AM
kustom
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Angus, or anyone helping with the pan pac. Do use know if there will be no-gi rashi's and shorts for sale on the day that suit the new colour coded rule?
11/21/10 5:19 AM
DIMA

Do we have to pay to referee or for the referee outfit or does the rip off end at just competing? No Gi uniforms lol what a joke... Cheap $$$ grab... Very low Phone Post
11/21/10 6:21 AM
haunted

Dima, keep your stupid comments to yourself. You'd be better off staying home and sooking about something else next weekend.
11/21/10 6:27 AM
haunted

P.S Kustom, I wouldn't count on it, contrary to what Dimwit is implying. Colors might be limited.
11/21/10 6:31 AM
DIMA

I might go on a holiday with all the $$$ I'll be saving mate... Gonna be a lean Christmas for you if your entering mate... Hope you put sum cash away during the year. Phone Post
11/21/10 6:32 AM
kustom
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks haunted, thats all i was after. might have to go look for somethin rather than risk it and hope its there on the day.
thanks
11/23/10 12:07 AM
byron2001

I think its 10% of the uniform.... Just get a texter and scribble whatever color u want

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.