We would like to welcome everyone to this grand NO-Gi tournament on Novemeber 13th!!!
We have some great surprises and awards: custom made medals and an exact replica of the Stanley Cup for the team trophy!!! Is sweet!!!
Saturday, November 13th, 2010Elite Fitness at VHYCAA Facility
740 Corporate Woods Parkway
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
For more information please visit us at: cutthroatmma.com/events.php
Gi Kimono & Wrestling Shoes are optional. If the fighters go out of this area the referee will restart the fight in the center of the mat, in the same position they were when they left the mat, if possible. If the fighters were standing, they will start again facing each other.
1) Legal Techniques:
- Any kind of choke (except for using the hand to close the wind pipe)
- No use of T-Shirt and no holding the shorts allowed (your own or opponents)
- Any armbar, shoulder lock, or wristlock
- Any Leg Lock or Ankle Lock (for advanced div. only)
* For intermediate div. straight ankle and figure 4 foot lock only (No knee bars or twisting lower body locks)
* For novice, beginners, teens, and kids no lower body submissions!
2) Illegal Techniques:
- "Full Nelson" and "Crucifix"
- No striking of any kind
- No eye gouging or fish hooking
- No grabbing the ears
- No hair pulling
- No finger or toeholds
- No thumbing
- No scratching and pinching
- No kicking
- No biting
- No touching groin area
- No hands, knees or elbows on face
- No slippery substances allowed on body or clothing
- No spiking opponent on their head intentionally
- No Scissor takedowns (Kani basami)
Each position must be established for 3 count or more in order for points to be awarded.
When changing multiple positions points will be awarded only for the position that has been established for 3 count or more only.
- When a fighter disengages from contact and starts backing up and avoids engaging again he will be warned the second time a point will be awarded to his opponent.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated!
How you can win
The winner will be decided according to:
- If one competitor gives up or submits by tapping the leg, arm or verbally
- If Referee feels one competitor is unable to defend himself or feels his life is in danger, the Referee will declare the winner
- If a fighter breaks the rules twice, the Referee will disqualify him
- Referee Decision
- 120 and Under
- 121 to 135
- 136 to 145
- 146 to 155
- 156 to 170
- 171 to 185
- 186 to 205
- 206 to 225
- 226 to 265
- 265 to ???
- Takedowns, sweeps, reversals: 2 points
- Guard pass: 3 points
- Knee on the stomach: 2 points
- Front or Back mount with hooks: 4 points
THERE ARE NO ADVANTAGES!!!
In the case of an even scoring there will be a 1-minute OT, in the case that the score still even after the OT it will go to a continuous sudden death match!
- Novice 6 months and under of any training: 4 Minutes matches
- Beginner 1 year and under of any: 5 Minutes
- Intermediate 3 years year and under of any: 5 Minutes
- Advanced 3 years of more of training: 6 Minutes
(includes Wrestling, Judo, Sambo, or any other grappling art)