UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Walker looking forward to 'step up' in competition

10/12/10 1:18 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

When Herschel Walker  made his mixed martial arts debut in January, he dominated his opponent, Greg Nagy. But while that opponent choice didn't exactly captivate the MMA world, Walker is hoping that Strikeforce matches him up with a more recognizable name for his second effort.

Walker is already scheduled to fight on a Dec. 4 Strikeforce event, and the promotion is currently working on finding him an opponent.

"I was very honored to fight Greg, but Greg was like myself: he was green, he was young," Walker told Ariel Helwani on the most recent edition of The MMA Hour. "I said, 'This time, I've got to fight someone with a lot of experience.'

"I've got to fight a guy with a little bit more experience, that people recognize as an MMA fighter," he continued.

Walker hopes to have his opponent finalized within a week, saying he thinks it would only be fair for his opponent to have the same preparation time as him.

read entire article...

10/20/10 9:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Keith McKay
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More experience?

Crap, I'm out. If he wants a rookie, I'm in.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.