UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Paul Sass: 'I like being on my back'

10/13/10 2:11 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Undefeated British fighter Paul Sass first learned he had a future in submission grappling when he cinched two triangle chokes on his instructor in his first lesson. Some five years later, he's used the hold to gain international notoriety and win himself a ticket to the octagon and this Saturday's UFC 120.

"I think it just came naturally to me," the Liverpool native recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio .

"I like being on my back" the purple belt in jiu jitsu under a Renzo Gracie affiliate. "Not many people can say that."

"They might get a surprise from my standup," Sass addded.

Possibly in attendance, as well, is Sass' mom, who at first wasn't a fan of his choice to pursue MMA.

"Now, she comes and watches me fight," he said. "She doesn't watch, though. She keeps her head in her hands, but she comes to support me."

While Sass admits he's nervous about the huge opportunity, he can't wait to put the squeeze on Holst.

Read entire article...

10/13/10 2:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tumn
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope this guy's nickname is Sassy.
10/13/10 2:18 PM
Ecko Unltd
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ecko Unltd, Josh Slovin-sponsor
 I am confused by the choking out the instructor claim on the first day, but I am very excited to see Sass compete in the UFC. He is a very solid jits guy. He is fun to watch.
10/13/10 2:35 PM
Old Feller
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ecko Unltd -  I am confused by the choking out the instructor claim on the first day, but I am very excited to see Sass compete in the UFC. He is a very solid jits guy. He is fun to watch.
Agreed, but thread title requires:

*beep*

10/13/10 2:38 PM
Employer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

considering he's from the UK, being on his back is something he's probably accustomed to, given how terrible they are at wrestling
10/13/10 2:43 PM
explodingboy

Employer - considering he's from the UK, being on his back is something he's probably accustomed to, given how terrible they are at wrestling
Don't stereotype.

10/13/10 2:59 PM
KingOfFighters

Lol for a second I thought underground news was quoting my woman.
10/13/10 3:16 PM
nogidavid
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tumn - Hope this guy's nickname is Sassy.

unfortunately it's sass-angle
10/13/10 4:19 PM
Evilzpet

Nice add to the roster. A triangle choke machine like Paul Sass might make wrestlers think twice about laying on top for the win.
10/13/10 6:24 PM
EckY
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sass has been the top British prospect for awhile, I think he will ahve a tough time with some of the grinders in the LW division but he definitely has potential.
10/13/10 7:21 PM
TapouT24

Paul Sassy Sass

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.