UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Law School Question

12/15/10 1:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fake Pie
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

419 - So what you're saying is that I need to take a drafting class?

Depends. Do you want transactional awesomeness or litigation lameness in your future?
12/15/10 1:39 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/15/10 1:39 PM
I was referencing my inability to convey the thought in my head to the words on the screen. I'll be lucky to get a job mowing lawns.
12/15/10 2:39 PM
J Flip
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fake Pie - 
419 - So what you're saying is that I need to take a drafting class?

Depends. Do you want transactional awesomeness or litigation lameness in your future?

I'm sorry, but with all due respect to Mr. Fake Pie who is a respected member of the OG and appears to be a good lawyer all around, I have to say:

TRANSACTIONAL AWESOMENESS?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You gotta get into court, buddy.
That's what lawyers do.
1/8/11 7:46 PM
Cookie Monster
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I partied like a rockstar and fucked a ton of women as a 3L
1/10/11 9:06 AM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm taking ADR in the hopes the negotiation portion of the class will assist my employment prospects.
1/10/11 11:24 AM
goku

419 - I'm taking ADR in the hopes the negotiation portion of the class will assist my employment prospects.

i dont think anyone will hire you for your negotiation skills
1/10/11 11:41 AM
Fake Pie
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he means so maybe he can negotiate his way into a job.
1/10/11 12:33 PM

"i dont think anyone will hire you for your negotiation skills"

That's because I haven't taken the class yet!
1/11/11 5:04 PM
Fake Pie

That is realistic. The woman wins just about everything in those scenarios regardless of facts short of being a heroin addict... and then she might still win.
1/12/11 9:13 AM
Fake Pie

Edited: 01/12/11 9:13 AM
In any negotiation exercise I did in law school, everything for the most part came out about even because everyone was being reasonable.

The only people who got "everything their client wanted" were the uber-gunner douches who took it way too seriously so the other guys just gave them what they wanted to get shit over with.

And no, it doesn't work that way in the real world, though some assholes seem to think they have to be assholes to get what they want. Everyone will think you are a douche and will fuck with you at every chance just because you were a douche to them, whereas reasonable people get treated reasonably.

Sorry for the rant, has nothing to do with you.
1/13/11 12:43 PM

Why do lawyers who teach assign more reading than tenured professors?
2/8/11 12:20 PM

I should have dropped out after 2L.
2/8/11 1:52 PM
goku

Art Corvelay - 3L is apparently spent sending out cover letters for jobs you won't get. On the upside, being an editor is great, because the only thing I do with my journal is take advantage of free food and coffee every day.

i got my job from sending out cover letters during 3l..i probably sent out dozens of letters, but all it took was one
2/13/11 11:18 AM

I've completely given up on finding a legal job.
3/11/12 4:33 PM

Edited: 03/22/12 8:59 PM

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.