UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Clicking sound in shoulder

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/14/10 3:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
esssee
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

recently started swimming again and i noticed everytime i stroke w/ my right hand there is a click from my right shoulder. there's no pain associated with it just the click and beginning to wonder if i should stop swimming? this is freestyle by the way.
10/19/10 5:00 PM
Blackguilt
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most likely instability in your shoulder joint. Do some shoulder rehab/prehab work. I used to have that clicking sound too in my left shoulder. I started doing this routine before every workout and the same thing with no weights before I roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCp-YynBEvE

The sound has since gone away. All the shoulder rehab/prehab work by that Diesel Crew group on youtube is pretty good stuff.
11/16/10 6:42 PM
sourcheese
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
12/8/10 10:33 PM
Handbreakie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clicking sound you hear is normally tendons moving around the shoulder, alot of people misinterpret this as the shoulder popping in and out... I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it actually has dislocated.

Try doing shoulder specific physic weights and strength exercises, it really does help

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.