UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Grudge Match: Andre vs VectorWega

10/14/10 8:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
VectorWega
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andre, the mid-stakes live player on a sick life heater wants to challenge himself against one of the best and brightest low stakes players around.  Former play money poker god, and low stakes veteran VectorWega has accepted the challenge. 

VectorWega is best known for crushing the dreams of kids around the world at the play money games, and is now raping grandma's pension fund at the low stakes tables.  Andre is best known for making sick value bets with mediocre holdings and for running well above expectations by catching sick card after sick card against far superior opponents.

The details of this matchup still need to be ironed out.  We will be playing on Full Tilt Poker.   My preference is for normal speed tables rather than turbos or super turbos.   I was thinking the following games:

$2.15 Heads Up SNG
$2.25 6-Max SNG
10NL 6-Max Ring Game (.05/.10)

Not sure if there is a great way to ensure we both get on same HU game.  Once we finish a game we can accept/decline further games.

Andre, do you have yahoo messenger?   You could PM me that or we could just meet in a high stakes ring game room (like one of Ivey's to discuss which table we will play on.

If you want to play other games or anyone has suggestions for games, feel free to suggest.  Also, if anyone has suggestions on number of games/hands that would be good.  I don't use a tracker though and will likely not track # of hands.  I can play any games, but prefer not to play limit hold'em or PLO.

10/14/10 8:28 PM
VectorWega

BTW, everyone will be invited to watch but don't get too excited because Andre only plays about 2 hands an hour.
10/14/10 8:57 PM
WrestlingSucks
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

may i suggest playing during the day on saturday? im in a round 2 free roll at that time so ill have something to watch while i try to wade through yet another 8000 person shove fest
10/14/10 10:23 PM
wreckker
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

someone call card player!
10/14/10 10:55 PM
andre
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VectorWega -  BTW, everyone will be invited to watch but don't get too excited because Andre only plays about 2 hands an hour.

This is the only part I disagree with because it contradicts what you said about my mediocre holdings. Unless to dare imply that I only play 2 hands an hour and that those two hands are medocre ones!? How dare you

I'm up for any of the games you mentioned and want you to know that I'll be playing in front of my computer in the nude.
10/15/10 10:28 AM
andre
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just returned from 12 hours of live poker at Hustler. I entered a $20,000 guarantee tournament ($120 buy in) with 280 players and I ended up winning the whole tournament for $5800 (would have been more but I was gracious with the chop).

I did not run well this tournament. I had accurate reads and I got people to fold better hands many, many times. I can only remember a few showdowns prior to the final table.

Of live tournaments, I've entered 8 and have won 2 outright, got 3rd in another, and have cashed in 3 of the 5 remaining tourneys.

Online my results are similar. This $5800 win isnt my biggest win live or online, but it was a great confidence builder since my performance has been so consistent.

Is Vector the only one who thinks Im on a freakishly long hot streak? If so, you really need to see the cards I had to deal with today.
10/15/10 10:33 AM
andre

We started with 10,000 chips. 280 players. When we colored up the $1000 chips at the final table, I had more than half the TOTAl number of chips in the tournament...I had over $1.8 million.
10/15/10 11:16 AM
SiftMyMind

Congrats Andre on your recent success!

I am curious to know when this contest will be.
Saturday?

10/15/10 4:37 PM
Alabama Man
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

does anyone want to bet on the outcome of the andre vectorwega match?
10/15/10 6:56 PM
JCT
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andre -  
Of live tournaments, I've entered 8 and have won 2 outright, got 3rd in another, and have cashed in 3 of the 5 remaining tourneys.

Online my results are similar. This $5800 win isnt my biggest win live or online, but it was a great confidence builder since my performance has been so consistent.

Is Vector the only one who thinks Im on a freakishly long hot streak? If so, you really need to see the cards I had to deal with today.

Anytime that you win 2 out of 8 tournaments, get 3rd in another and cash in 6 out of 8 total live tournaments, you are going to be running above expectation (I'm assuming similar sizes as this last one).

This doesn't mean that you aren't playing well, but as we all know you can play well and still lose.

Think about it this way, if you get it all in with AA five times against 22, and win all five times, you ran above expectation. That doesn't mean you played badly obviously, but you were 'lucky' in a way and you ran well.
10/15/10 10:01 PM
wreckker
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good job andre...Keep playing when you running good and playing good you can go on a heater so keep playing!!!!
10/15/10 11:22 PM
andre

JCT - 
andre -  

JCT,

I accept that, and of course it's true, but I will say that making the final table wasn't as dependent on luck because I had horrible hands from the start of the tournament to the final table and I created opportunities by reading my opponents accurately and representing the hand they absolutely feared I was holding. I did this many, many times and built a significant stack leading up to the last few tables. I won a few hands at showdown and only risked my entire stack when I was a 3-1 favorite and my hand held up. That is luck, but to say that some luck is needed in poker is too obvious. I can say that I earned my way, despite poor hands, to the final table and once I was there I starting waking up to monsters. Not all of them held up, though. My KK was cracked by JJ, for example, but I had built up enough of a chip lead that I could handle some bad beats.

wreckker, thanks!

Anytime that you win 2 out of 8 tournaments, get 3rd in another and cash in 6 out of 8 total live tournaments, you are going to be running above expectation (I'm assuming similar sizes as this last one).

This doesn't mean that you aren't playing well, but as we all know you can play well and still lose.

Think about it this way, if you get it all in with AA five times against 22, and win all five times, you ran above expectation. That doesn't mean you played badly obviously, but you were 'lucky' in a way and you ran well.
10/16/10 12:56 AM
VectorWega

Either Andre is the second coming of Stu Ungar or 8 isn't a very large sample size.

10/16/10 1:01 AM
VectorWega

andre - 
VectorWega -  BTW, everyone will be invited to watch but don't get too excited because Andre only plays about 2 hands an hour.

This is the only part I disagree with because it contradicts what you said about my mediocre holdings. Unless to dare imply that I only play 2 hands an hour and that those two hands are medocre ones!? How dare you
You're a live player.  You only play aces and kings unless you don't get them in which case you put it all in with QJ off.

10/16/10 12:13 PM
andre

Im on Full Tilt right now. How do we arrange this?
10/16/10 12:31 PM
VectorWega

I need to get something to eat.  You going to be around in 30-45 minutes?
10/16/10 12:34 PM
VectorWega

BTW, I'm in the chat of "Ivey Club" which is an "Ivey's Room" stakes NLHE table ($2,000/$4,000).  If you can find that I will see your chat even when I am away.
10/16/10 12:46 PM
andre

yeah, I'm playing a rush tourney...find me when you get back from eating!
10/16/10 12:47 PM
andre

my sn is itsnotballet.

thanks!
10/16/10 1:08 PM
VectorWega

one can't observe rush tables.  You should find me @ Ivey Club.  However if you do play me you will probably tilt your big stack away in that rush tournament.
10/16/10 1:17 PM
andre

I tried finding it, but the room doesnt appear no matter how I filter it. the limit is $500/$1000.
10/16/10 1:17 PM
andre

33 players left...
10/16/10 1:21 PM
VectorWega

I have the Ivey Room games on Favorite and here is how i filtered:

Ring Game
Hold 'em
All Types
Ivey's Room

I have everything else checked.  This is a heads up room. (so you have to have heads up checked).

29 players left.
10/16/10 1:27 PM
andre

Ive got all of that checked..:(

How about meeting in Ivey's Heaven?
10/16/10 2:14 PM
VectorWega

Edited: 10/16/10 2:38 PM
1st Game:  6 man 10NL. 
$10 Buy In
50 Hands

Finishing Stacks:
VectorWega  $19.25
Andre $13.30

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.